RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Calax

Very strange that they skipped Fable II though... maybe we'll see a rushed port to put it into a 'trilogy' very expensive pack? :lol:

This is good news. I was always curious about this series, but didn't even play the first one because the franchise shifted to consoles. I hate it when a series is broken... >_<

For Fable II, yeah, pretty much what WUE said. :lol:

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

no no no... shogun 2

It'll be more cinematic, easier for new players, shinier graphics, MORE FEATURES

But to compensate unit sizes won't increase and the AI will still be retarded, destroying replayability.

no no no... shogun 2

It'll be more cinematic, easier for new players, shinier graphics, MORE FEATURES

But to compensate unit sizes won't increase and the AI will still be retarded, destroying replayability.

I'm rooting for Shogun 2, but I can see them going crazy and moving into 19th Century warfare. Like in between the Franco-Prusso war and WWI.

I'm rooting for Shogun 2, but I can see them going crazy and moving into 19th Century warfare. Like in between the Franco-Prusso war and WWI.

Though in possession of full details, our lives wouldn't be worth living if we divulged what we know, but let's just say that the new PC-only game eschews the gunpowder weaponry of recent Total War titles and gets back to basics.
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Well they've done every major 'mainstream' period before gunpowder, so I hope they go for something a bit left field, like Romance of the Three Kingdoms era China or...

Oh no, it better not be Age of Empires I era :shifty:;;

Well they've done every major 'mainstream' period before gunpowder, so I hope they go for something a bit left field, like Romance of the Three Kingdoms era China or...

Oh no, it better not be Age of Empires I era :shifty:;;

<3 RotK, problem is that they couldn't have many factions... at least during the later period of the Battle of Red Cliffs and He Fei.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd still say WWI, but that bit about "no gunpowder" is confusing... :ermm:

If the counter is constantly moving backwards, my money's on Rome.

1908? So this is gonna be about the Great War or what?

My last and only TW game I bought was Rome. Seems like this will be the second.

Could be about Turkey and the Balkans. It was the year Austria annexed Bosnia and Hercegovina and the Young Turks rose to power in Turkey offering to ally Turkey with Britain, but Churchill turned them down (anyone spot the irony in that?)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Could be about Turkey and the Balkans. It was the year Austria annexed Bosnia and Hercegovina and the Young Turks rose to power in Turkey offering to ally Turkey with Britain, but Churchill turned them down (anyone spot the irony in that?)

Kind of... :ermm: