RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Calax

Arcania: Gothic 4 gameplay video.

Really really looks like Gothic 3+.

-> More reasonably, the UI finally has a minimap. The question marks on top of questgivers is stupid, though, can we stop making everything a WoW clone?

-> City section minimap hints at a decently sized settlement, similar to Gothic 3.

-> Old companions (Gorn, Diego, etc) return.

-> Lockpick minigame, what a piece of ****. ;)

-> Combat is similar but spells seem to cast faster.

Did I see correctly in the trailer, that it starts out showing you a guy beating up sheep with a stick?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Did I see correctly in the trailer, that it starts out showing you a guy beating up sheep with a stick?

Yeah.. I'm guessing they're trying to make the game a bit more mainstream by having a tutorial that does NOT kick your butt from here to eternity. Oh, and the quest markers will certainly help bring in more people too. In all the Gothic games, you had to talk to everyone! That didn't sit well with some players (who wants to know exactly who to talk to at all times) so I guess they're changing it to be a bit more mainstream there too.

It's just details, if the game is good it won't matter one bit. And I'm pretty sure you can turn off the mini map, quest markers and skip the tutorial.. if only to appease the older fans of the series.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

But you didn't have to talk to everyone. You only had to talk to all the named characters. Gothic never screwed you over by breaking that rule, all you had to do was find everyone with names and talk to them... anyway, yeah, I know what you mean. It won't be a big deal and it will probably help bring in a lot of new players.

I was just kinda shocked that sheep beating is being used as a selling point. :lol:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Square Enix US Executive Producer "is knee deep in review for project X. When revealed it will blow your socks off! The media thought SE and GPG was interesting - just wait!"

A new project from SE and another western developer is coming.

Do we know who the western developer is or they're keeping that under wraps too?

Might be KH 3... I remember something about that being referenced recently.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Square Enix US Executive Producer "is knee deep in review for project X. When revealed it will blow your socks off! The media thought SE and GPG was interesting - just wait!"

Do we know who the western developer is or they're keeping that under wraps too?

The latter. Probably a US independent developer like Gas Powered Games which was mentioned above.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood confirmed.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The latter. Probably a US independent developer like Gas Powered Games which was mentioned above.

Or

another Feargus Urquhart slam dunk

Edited by Syraxis

It's been 6 months or so since F:NV deal, he needs to keep those slam dunks coming to justify his salary and in-office hot tub.

Medal of Honor trailer

That was... surprisingly good. Much more emotional than anything you'll see in Modern Warfare. I might just give this game a chance.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Medal of Honor trailer

That was... surprisingly good. Much more emotional than anything you'll see in Modern Warfare. I might just give this game a chance.

The contrast between the emotional tone of the voice-overs and the cartoonish face is... strange. Especially since the graphics seems mostly to be striving for realism.

I like this weirdness.

Still, it's just a trailer and considering how much I'm a fan of shooter (not much) I'll probably pass on this unless they pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Not saying much as Modern Warfare has the emotional content of a wooden Keanu Reeves. I guess someone liked Shughart's little bit in BHD, hehe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy