I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

Guest Slinky
am betting you understand... you just don't realize or wanna admit.

No, I didn't understand what you meant. Thanks for clearing it up, I pretty much agree with you.

Bringing the EVIL baby-eating machine to the citadel *is* a pretty silly call. If you do it, you are either fooling around, or roleplaying a fool -- I'd be happy if a cutscene or popup prevented me from acting like a jackass, as would be consistent with the game in other situations. In fact, the option to roleplay Larry Shepard doesn't really exist, as the tone of the game doesn't leave room for that. It's no big deal, but it's a bit of a "WTF?" moment. I'm not going to touch the question whether that does indeed break immersion or not.

Of course it is silly! :biggrin:

I just would like if the world would react to my actions, clever or silly, accordingly. That would improve the immersion for me personally greatly.

Anyway, I wonder if this Kasumi DLC is the same as Liara's, or maybe they aren't done making stuff for ME2?

Isn't Ilium the first (only?) place we hear about Kasumi, during a galactic news report? Could provide a possible connection there, or at least a starting point for recruiting Kasumi.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

" but me2 peoples were far too accepting of AI given the manner in which the developers were really hammering on the AI evils in me1."

Some of the crew certainly react. Tali certainly does. Bottom line, unlike the Citeda which admittedly could have been handled in a more logical way (like NumbersU suggested), but on the Normandy what Sheaprd says goes. If he wants an 'evil' robot on baord, than damnit he will have an evil robot on board. Capiche?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Does Samara always threaten to take out Shepard when Shepard has more renegade points than paragon?

It would be funny if during the inevitable victory celebration at the end of ME3, renegade Shepard gets a shotgun blast in the face. THE END.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Does Samara always threaten to take out Shepard when Shepard has more renegade points than paragon?

It would be funny if during the inevitable victory celebration at the end of ME3, renegade Shepard gets a shotgun blast in the face. THE END.

IMO it's funnier if she catches (or rather, she doesn't) the falling Sheppy at the end.

That actually explains a great deal... like why I have to do most of the killing.

Gotta say also that I'm liking the geth pulse rifle. It was totally worth getting. All weapons in ME2 should look and sound this cool. :(

Just remember to use incendiary ammo with it (you won't need disruptor), and you'll be able to shred anything in seconds. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

given the pervasive fear o' AI we saw from peoples in me1, Gromnir were more than a little surprised by how easily we were able to welcome legion aboard the new normandy... not to mention the presence of an active AI on the SR-2. were an almost dune-like fear of AI in me1... and those fears were seeming reasonable especially in light of geth and sovereign attack on the citadel. me2 has a different AI pov that not seem to mesh with the impression we got from me1. felt... odd. weren't game busting by any stretch o' the imagination, but me2 peoples were far too accepting of AI given the manner in which the developers were really hammering on the AI evils in me1.

HA! Good Fun!

I still don't have Legion yet, but your above comment made me laugh because I remembered the "look" on Tali's "face" when she first came aboard the new Normandy and was told the SR2 had an AI wired into it. I mean, even through the mask you could see her "oh, no you didn't!" glare.

Thanks for the info on the infiltrator class. I'm thinking I'll choose either that or sentinel for my next playthrough. By then I might be good enough to stay alive with a "squishier" type.

I'm beginning to think that the Normandys (SR2) stealth capabilities are much overrated. It feels like every merc base in the galaxy has equipment that picks up my presence and logs it in their computer system/broadcasts warnings that a ship is hanging in orbit. No wonder it (SR1) got its ass kicked in the intro movie :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't think humanity has the big overwhelming fear of AI that the rest of the galactic population has... The majority of the Council races have the big fear because they were around when the Geth first kicked Quarrian butt... which is why they passed all the laws..

Humanity just turned up 10 years ago.. and the only reason they don't do heavy AI research is because it's against Council Law.. but am I the only one who got the feeling that the Moonbase outpost showed that the Alliance was perfectly willing to skirt the edges of those laws in the shadows? :shifty: And most of the Normandy SR-2 crew is humanity..so.. it does kind of make sense they don't have the uber-fear of AI that most others do..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't think humanity has the big overwhelming fear of AI that the rest of the galactic population has... The majority of the Council races have the big fear because they were around when the Geth first kicked Quarrian butt... which is why they passed all the laws..
Tali's conversation in ME 1 implies the anti-AI laws were already in place before the Geth uprising.

BTW, imagine the first humans serving/living on alien installations, constantly slipping and saying AI instead of VI, scaring the crap out everyone present.

"Sims 27 is finally out, check out the improved AI!

-AI?! *faints*

-Did I say something wrong?"

Edited by Oner

Hey, I like aliens as much as the next paragon Shepard, but that's just... creepy.
HA! And people thought FemShep got the shaft in ME1...

muttley.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Humanity just turned up 10 years ago.. and the only reason they don't do heavy AI research is because it's against Council Law.. but am I the only one who got the feeling that the Moonbase outpost showed that the Alliance was perfectly willing to skirt the edges of those laws in the shadows? :lol: And most of the Normandy SR-2 crew is humanity..so.. it does kind of make sense they don't have the uber-fear of AI that most others do..

the moonbase also were another example o' the danger o' ai... and admiral hackett were pretty clear that at least publicly humanity weren't so "stupid" as to genuine mess with ai. also, our sheppard grilled tali pretty rough regarding geth and ai. drawing some kinda conclusion that humanity is ok with ai based on me1 material seems unfounded.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Humanity just turned up 10 years ago.. and the only reason they don't do heavy AI research is because it's against Council Law.. but am I the only one who got the feeling that the Moonbase outpost showed that the Alliance was perfectly willing to skirt the edges of those laws in the shadows? :shifty: And most of the Normandy SR-2 crew is humanity..so.. it does kind of make sense they don't have the uber-fear of AI that most others do..

Actually, in the first ME book, its revealed that humanity actually has some ZOMG teh top-secretz AI research program... Which goes well until the leader gets indoctrinated, IIRC.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Its better than you'd expect... I didn't want to read it other, but my friend let me borrow it, and, since I'm cheap when it comes to books on occasion, I read it...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I can't believe people still feel this game is worth discussing. There really must be something in Maria's assessment of the Bio game cycle.

Oh well, you learn something new every day.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I'm doing a re-run with a Sentinel. I've been giving the Arc Projector a work-out and the weapon feels a bit overpowered. Not only does it clear entire rooms of mooks, even YMIR Mechs get vaporized very quickly.

Maybe the next DLC will be the BFG 9000?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Its better than you'd expect... I didn't want to read it other, but my friend let me borrow it, and, since I'm cheap when it comes to books on occasion, I read it...

Bioware learned their lesson from the Baldur's Gate books.

Hey, I like aliens as much as the next paragon Shepard, but that's just... creepy.
HA! And people thought FemShep got the shaft in ME1...

Ha, not me! Kaidan was sexy and yummy. Thane is morose and creepy, while Jacob, although cute, is dull as dishwater. *yawn*

Meanwhile, Tali's waaaay too obsessed with Shep, Miranda's hiding serious self-esteem issues, Jack is... Jack, Kelly likes every species including varren and Garrus is basically a giant metallic space chicken... those are somewhat disappointing romance options.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Meanwhile, Tali's waaaay too obsessed with Shep

It's called love, my friend.

Perhaps you've heard of it?

I meant she worships him a lot.

Also you do not know love. Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. It is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"