I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

That would be one way of improving it. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of trading system where you could minerals for each other with each mineral being worth a certain amount.

I like that idea. Barter could work.

If they allowed buying resources, though, they'd have to find a way to get a heck of a lot more credits in the game. My resources are always chocked full, but I never have enough credits for everything that I want to buy... which is, of course, everything!

That is true. They'd almost have to go back to an inventory system so you could sell enough loot to get enough credits to buy enough resources to upgrade the gear you want to keep.

BTW, I got the Widow sniper rifle, but only my soldier can use it. Garrus and Thane are both trained in sniper rifles, but this selection isn't available to them in the weapons locker. Does anyone know why not?

Good thing about the Widow is, you only really need to carry one.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

"the fact that vol likes it is a more scathing criticism o' the me2 resource acquisition scheme than any argument Gromnir could hope to devise."

I agree! On that note, the factr I like games like BG2 or PST proves they are very, very sucky! Right? LMAO I wonder if Mr. Boo would agree with your assesment. R00fles!

For a lawyer, your 'logic' can be very illogical and pedestrian. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought the scanning game was meh. It was fairly fast to build up enough resources to get the main upgrades, so I don't see why there is much fuss about it. The Mako took a lot more time, although there were some cool Mako moments, where the scanner is never really exciting.

"the fact that vol likes it is a more scathing criticism o' the me2 resource acquisition scheme than any argument Gromnir could hope to devise."

I agree! On that note, the factr I like games like BG2 or PST proves they are very, very sucky! Right? LMAO I wonder if Mr. Boo would agree with your assesment. R00fles!

For a lawyer, your 'logic' can be very illogical and pedestrian. :x

even a busted clock is correct 2x a day. besides which, concerning bg2 and ps:t we typical disagree with your reasoning. fall from grace, for example, is a terribly developed character. nevertheless, vol thinks fall from grace is keen. even so, Gromnir has on numerous occasions, identified times and circumstances when vol made a valid argument. our faith in an ordered and rational universe is diminished when such stuff occurs, but we does not deny the increasingly slight possibility o' vol being correct. his belated agreement with Gromnir that the da rogue class were unnecessary is such an example. the fact that vol also were critical of some obvious tim cain blunders before toee release were surprising. vol is not always wrong, but such rarities simply add to the unpredictable wackiness that is vol. if you was wrong 100% o' the time then you would become dependable... which is equal unthinkable.

also, for future reference, logic is not synonymous with reason or argument. vol, having never actual utilized logic would hardly be expected to recognize such a distinction, but Gromnir gives it a shot anyways.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"his belated agreement with Gromnir that the da rogue class were unnecessary is such an example."

Belated? I was saying it from the moment I played the game even before you started claiming that the rogue was useless.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"his belated agreement with Gromnir that the da rogue class were unnecessary is such an example."

Belated? I was saying it from the moment I played the game even before you started claiming that the rogue was useless.

R00fles!

1) prove it... Gromnir has shown his posts. show yours.

even so, that would still makes belated. Gromnir had argued on the bio da boards and elsewhere that the rogue/thief/skill-user/bard/ranger (and any of the other host o' possible names for the 3rd class) were unnecessary bloat from the moment bioware announced 3 classes for da. from that perspective, you were very late to the party.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

And in DLC news:

Kasumi's coming on April 6

Hey, a new SMG comes with the DLC? Groovy!

BioWare is currently in the midst of "internal discussion" to determine the price of the DLC, but we'll keep you updated as soon as it's finalized.

Free for Cerberus Network members is the optimal price, of course. I don't think that's gonna happen this time though...

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

You have to hold the Lmouse button down for a couple seconds with the new arc shooter as well, but it's pretty cool. I just finished recruiting Mordin in my new game, and I only used it once, but it almost instantly wiped out a cluster of four Vorcha - only one of which was out in the open to begin with. I wish I was a little closer to them when it happened, heh, I didn't really get to see it.

Where do you get this arc shooter? I've recruited everyone except Tali and the geth thingy, done all the loyalty missions and haven't run across it yet. BTW, I got the Widow sniper rifle, but only my soldier can use it. Garrus and Thane are both trained in sniper rifles, but this selection isn't available to them in the weapons locker. Does anyone know why not?

The Arc Lightning gun was released on the Cerberus Network yesterday. Not sure if it just shows up or if you have to research it first, but you'll need to download and install it before you can use it.

Thanks! Got it, tried it... it's pretty cool!

BTW, I got the Widow sniper rifle, but only my soldier can use it. Garrus and Thane are both trained in sniper rifles, but this selection isn't available to them in the weapons locker. Does anyone know why not?
"Bonus" weapons can only be used by Shep (if acquired on the Collector ship), or whoever gave you the research upgrade. Why? "Fabrication Rights Management". In fact it's just an excuse to gimp your squaddies even more.

The game can be modded to allow squaddies to use these guns, but I recommend you finish your first playthrough "legit", so you get a good idea of what you might want to change in the future.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm going to finish my first playthrough "legit"... I always do, even though I sometimes go cheat crazy with later playthroughs (I like money, okay? :getlost: ). I was just surprised because when I got the eviscerator and other upgrades, my squaddies could use them. Oh, well.

And thanks to everyone who told me how to use the M-920 Cain. I took out

Tali's Collossus and its entire goon squad

with a single hit!

"Bonus" weapons can only be used by Shep (if acquired on the Collector ship), or whoever gave you the research upgrade. Why? "Fabrication Rights Management". In fact it's just an excuse to gimp your squaddies even more.

The game can be modded to allow squaddies to use these guns, but I recommend you finish your first playthrough "legit", so you get a good idea of what you might want to change in the future.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm going to finish my first playthrough "legit"... I always do, even though I sometimes go cheat crazy with later playthroughs (I like money, okay? :getlost: ). I was just surprised because when I got the eviscerator and other upgrades, my squaddies could use them. Oh, well.

And thanks to everyone who told me how to use the M-920 Cain. I took out

Tali's Collossus and its entire goon squad

with a single hit!

am suspecting that you do not yet have legion as a jnpc. Gromnir never bothered to use legion as a squad-mate, but the notion o' a squadie with access to the widow sniper rifle suggests a high possibility for game breaking. the widow is an absolute terror weapon in skilled hands. now imagine both thane and legion equipped with widow... not needing to be concerned with ammo limitations as does the pc.

HA! Good Fun!

am suspecting that you do not yet have legion as a jnpc. Gromnir never bothered to use legion as a squad-mate, but the notion o' a squadie with access to the widow sniper rifle suggests a high possibility for game breaking. the widow is an absolute terror weapon in skilled hands. now imagine both thane and legion equipped with widow... not needing to be concerned with ammo limitations as does the pc.

HA! Good Fun!

You're correct, I don't have Legion yet. Am hinky about going for him, because I suspect that when I do

I will end up being propelled toward the endgame before I am ready.

Although I'm partial to my fully-upgraded Vindicator, I'll have to try out the Widow to see what kind of awesomeness we're talking about! The ammo limitations are a big problem for me personally... I've never played a game where I have to search the ground after every battle trying to "run over" spare ammo clips... so I see what you mean about squaddies with super-weapons that never run dry.

I was thinking about trying a Sentinel or other fun class that has mad powers to play with. It's the metagamer in me. I want to cast a single bwahahaha power that wipes out a screen full of enemies. On the other hand, to find weapons like Widow and not be able to use them seems a travesty. Maybe I'll stay a professional soldier for my entire ME2 career... presuming, of course, that I eventually, you know, get mildly proficient at the game!

You played an infiltrator, didn't you? How did you like it? The sniper and incinerate perks sound fun to me, but I can't figure out what use AI Hacking could possibly be. Any other classes or powers you particularly enjoyed?

Edited by ~Di

You're correct, I don't have Legion yet. Am hinky about going for him, because I suspect that when I do

I will end up being propelled toward the endgame before I am ready.

Although I'm partial to my fully-upgraded Vindicator, I'll have to try out the Widow to see what kind of awesomeness we're talking about! The ammo limitations are a big problem for me personally... I've never played a game where I have to search the ground after every battle trying to "run over" spare ammo clips... so I see what you mean about squaddies with super-weapons that never run dry.

I was thinking about trying a Sentinel or other fun class that has mad powers to play with. It's the metagamer in me. I want to cast a single bwahahaha power that wipes out a screen full of enemies. On the other hand, to find weapons like Widow and not be able to use them seems a travesty. Maybe I'll stay a professional soldier for my entire ME2 career... presuming, of course, that I eventually, you know, get mildly proficient at the game!

You played an infiltrator, didn't you? How did you like it? The sniper and incinerate perks sound fun to me, but I can't figure out what use AI Hacking could possibly be. Any other classes or powers you particularly enjoyed?

There is a mod out that gives the Sentinel the sniper rifle.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I'm playing an infiltrator now, and enjoying it. AI Hacking is a dump skill-- it's pretty pointless, as Disruptor Ammo owns any mechs you fight, anyway. I also haven't put any points in Cryo ammo, either, but that's mostly because I'm playing on Hardcore, where pretty much everything has some protective ability or another, rendering Cryo attacks pretty impotent.

Infiltrator is all about zoom slowdown headshots with sniper rifles. (Note: It's not a class to play if you don't want to spend time scrounging for heatsinks. Those SR shots have to be rationed carefully.) The Cloak gives a damage boost, but in my experience it's more useful for defense (running away when a charging Krogan flanks you, for instance). It's a nice choice for a second character because you can pick Warp Ammo as your bonus skill at character creation. Base Infiltrators have Incinerate to deal with Armor and Disruptor Ammo to deal with Shields, but no special advantage to use against Barriers. Now, on the default difficulty, Barriers are pretty rare so that's not a big problem. But higher up, every single Collector has one, so getting Warp ammo early is helpful. (Reave is also an option for this role, but it's largely redundant with Incinerate.)

Sentinel was my first run (on default difficulty). It doesn't have any "Bwahahahahaha" powers, but, between Warp, Overload, and Throw, it does have a power for every occasion.

Edited by Enoch

infiltrator were a good class for Gromnir to play through his first time. incinerate and tactical cloak were great powers; the cloak thing saved us more than once when we were 'bout to get mauled by a krogan or somesuch... go invisible and get some distance.

overload

warp

incinerate

based on our experience, those is the three most useful/essential powers, but maybe not the most fun. seeing jack do shockwave were kinda kewl. there is multiple places in the game where shockwave and throw results in insta death for baddies... knock off platform, bridge or ledge. the general consensus is that slam is crap, but combined with throw it is mighty effective... and it is fun to bounce an enemy who is hiding behind cover. ai hacking is very effective... but of very limited use. face waves of synthetics? how many such missions are there? turn a ymir mech into your ally? not a bad deal, but you cannot use that tactic often. the self-destructing combat drone (level 4) is a neato trick and can decimate enemies who use cover. never have used neural shock to any degree, but some folks swear by it.

as an aside, the general thinking on cryo ammo is that it is sucky. Gromnir disagrees. not only does it freeze an enemy making that enemy immobile and more fragile, but am absolute certain that it strips barriers. between squad cryo ammo and incinerate we rare had to utilize the collector particle beam to deal with those pesky harbingers. not many enemies got biotic barriers, but collectors do.

btw, we has no personal use for personal shields, barriers or fortification as a power choice. lack o' cover typical results in death in less than 3 seconds. a level 4 shield or fortification means you can survive outside cover for an additional 1.5 second? wow.

sentinel looks like it is fun... access to throw, warp and overload? engineer ain't bad neither with overload, incinerate and the level 4 combat drone. our favorite is probable infiltrator with warp ammo as a bonus power. when we look at the numbers, the most effective is probable the soldier with the revenant assault rifle and warp ammo as a bonus power. dunno.

HA! Good Fun!

The "Cryo ammo working on barriers" thing is news to me. Is that mentioned at all in the documentation?

no, it isn't. we found out by accident. was using a heavy pistol on a harbinger... had cryo ammo chosen. so we loaded up a save from illium where we fights eclipse mercenaries. again, we used heavy pistol with and without cryo. with cryo took down barrier fast.

was on veteran difficulty. am not sure if is a bug or glitch, but clearly the heavy pistol, which is s'posed sucky v. barriers, were like a hot knife v. butter when cryo ammo were utilized. go figure.

HA! Good Fun!

I think that's just fan speculation. Cryo ammo doesn't give out any bonuses against anything, it just makes frozen enemies take more damage. Your pistol probably burned through the armor by sheer damage - at a certain point, whether it's weak or not against barriers, the pistol WILL break through in one or two shots. Maybe it was the Heavy pistol critical kicking in?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I think that's just fan speculation. Cryo ammo doesn't give out any bonuses against anything, it just makes frozen enemies take more damage. Your pistol probably burned through the armor by sheer damage - at a certain point, whether it's weak or not against barriers, the pistol WILL break through in one or two shots. Maybe it was the Heavy pistol critical kicking in?

dunno. as we said, we tested heavy pistol with and without cryo. with cryo were far more effective at reducing barriers. woulda' been a very strange collection o' crits to produce such results.

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir never bothered to use legion as a squad-mate, but the notion o' a squadie with access to the widow sniper rifle suggests a high possibility for game breaking. the widow is an absolute terror weapon in skilled hands. now imagine both thane and legion equipped with widow... not needing to be concerned with ammo limitations as does the pc.
According to the wiki, Legion deals 43% less damage than Shep with the Widow... so while powerful, it's not quite "gamebreaking". And poor squaddies need all the help they can get, they do.

Also, squad Cryo Ammo I found to be one of the best force multipliers in the game, if used with AR or SMG-armed squadmates. In my Vanguard playthrough, I found that at least 2-3 enemies per encounter were consistently being frozen... which means they stop shooting at you BEFORE they are dead. Don't know about its effectiveness against barrier, though.

Slam is useful for one thing and one thing alone -- to set up Warp explosions with Miranda. And since she gets at least one dot in that skill no matter what, you might as well use it... I wish there was a respec research project for jNPCs too.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Gromnir never bothered to use legion as a squad-mate, but the notion o' a squadie with access to the widow sniper rifle suggests a high possibility for game breaking. the widow is an absolute terror weapon in skilled hands. now imagine both thane and legion equipped with widow... not needing to be concerned with ammo limitations as does the pc.
According to the wiki, Legion deals 43% less damage than Shep with the Widow... so while powerful, it's not quite "gamebreaking". And poor squaddies need all the help they can get, they do.

Also, squad Cryo Ammo I found to be one of the best force multipliers in the game, if used with AR or SMG-armed squadmates. In my Vanguard playthrough, I found that at least 2-3 enemies per encounter were consistently being frozen... which means they stop shooting at you BEFORE they are dead. Don't know about its effectiveness against barrier, though.

Slam is useful for one thing and one thing alone -- to set up Warp explosions with Miranda. And since she gets at least one dot in that skill no matter what, you might as well use it... I wish there was a respec research project for jNPCs too.

am not certain if we is disturbed or relieved regarding legion and the widow sniper rifle. makes sense that bio had to balance in some manner. is the mantis similarly gimped? would almost needs to be otherwise it would make more sense to have legion keeps using the mantis.

is all squad weapon damage 43% of shep's?

wacky stuff.

HA! Good Fun!