I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

A thought:

Once we know that the Collectors are behind the colony abductions, and given that we know that they live an area accessible only via the Omega-4 Relay, why doesn't somebody (Cerberus or the Alliance) simply post a bunch of warships around said Relay to stop any ships that come out of it? Even a monitoring probe of some kind would probably be effective to give some warning.

A thought

Relays usually link to more than one system, if the Collectors only used the Omega 4 Relay they would be seen more often. Specially since the Relay is right next to Omega, hence the name.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I am still confused by Wilsons attempt to kill me (and the rest of the station crew) in the beginning of the game. I suppose there is no point in dwelling on the plot holes. Maybe it gets explained in the next installment.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've got the armor and weapons upgrades, and haven't recruited everyone yet. Just because I'm too nosey to wait and see, could someone tell me who gives me the ship's shield upgrade? Since these ship upgrades seem to be a big key in the end-game, I don't wanna miss one, especially after seeing a YouTube video of what happens when you do things... well... wrong. :grin:

I've got the armor and weapons upgrades, and haven't recruited everyone yet. Just because I'm too nosey to wait and see, could someone tell me who gives me the ship's shield upgrade? Since these ship upgrades seem to be a big key in the end-game, I don't wanna miss one, especially after seeing a YouTube video of what happens when you do things... well... wrong. :(

I believe its Tali.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I've got the armor and weapons upgrades, and haven't recruited everyone yet. Just because I'm too nosey to wait and see, could someone tell me who gives me the ship's shield upgrade? Since these ship upgrades seem to be a big key in the end-game, I don't wanna miss one, especially after seeing a YouTube video of what happens when you do things... well... wrong. :(

I believe its Tali.

I might be wrong, but I think Morsdin also has something to offer in the way of ship upgrades..

I am still confused by Wilsons attempt to kill me (and the rest of the station crew) in the beginning of the game. I suppose there is no point in dwelling on the plot holes. Maybe it gets explained in the next installment.

The only explanation that comes anywhere near making sense to me is that TIM set the whole thing up (probably through Miranda) to test your readiness. (I'd guess that Wilson thought he was selling you out to somebody who happened to be a covert Cerberus op.) Really, why else would there be a freakin' pistol in a drawer 20 feet from your operating table?

I might be wrong, but I think Morsdin also has something to offer in the way of ship upgrades..

Mordin's only upgrade (beyond the one that lets you survive the Seeker swarms) is a boost to his own omni-tool. Of course, since you can't upgrade anything until you bring him on-board, I think it's implied that he has a role in the implementation all the upgrades.

The only explanation that comes anywhere near making sense to me is that TIM set the whole thing up (probably through Miranda) to test your readiness. (I'd guess that Wilson thought he was selling you out to somebody who happened to be a covert Cerberus op.) Really, why else would there be a freakin' pistol in a drawer 20 feet from your operating table?

Because is an obvious tutorial mission and they decided to put you right on the action, not worrying about the plot. For future reference when you find plot holes remember: It's ME

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'd be suprised if the Illusive Man didn't plan it. It's not only worth to test Shepard, it's also very effective way to remove everyone who knew about the Lazarus project (except Jacob and Miranda, who could easily get killed later as it's suicide mission).

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Conspiracy! :(

I first thought it was a "Peragus Station" light level, with some kind of mystary going on and you had to figure it out, but it was just a short tutorial level. This is how you reload a gun, this is how you point it at an enemy and shoot, this is how the minigames work and this is how to select the powers of team members. The rest was an explanation for why the big, mighty hero is reduced to level 1 again. Heck, they can always add some DLC's that fills some of the gaps.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think Wilson may have been planted by the collectors.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Once we know that the Collectors are behind the colony abductions, and given that we know that they live an area accessible only via the Omega-4 Relay, why doesn't somebody (Cerberus or the Alliance) simply post a bunch of warships around said Relay to stop any ships that come out of it? Even a monitoring probe of some kind would probably be effective to give some warning.

The Council suggested doing something similar in ME, to counter the threat of Saren's attack on the Citadel, and Shepard basically tells them that won't be enough. In fact, IIRC that's what they did, and, well, Shepard was right. Normandy 1.0 was the most advanced warship in space - or so we're led to believe - and the Collector ship sliced and diced it fairly quickly. I dunno if anyone else could stand up to a Collector ship either, at least not without planetary defense turrets, except for maybe the Ascension. It's also noted, by TIM and possibly others, that the Alliance and Council armies are spread pretty thin in the aftermath of Sovereign's attack on the Citadel.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

A thought:

They didn't know that the Collectors

only have one ship instead of say,a thousand

Also, for an area that's supposed to be chock full of black holes, there's a lot of junk just freely drifting everywhere.

TIM setting up the tutorial: I'm not sure there would be a reason for TIM to scrap his probably best project.

Also, there were like two people working on the project, others were happy if they knew who was being experimented on. Shoot Miranda and Wilson and all is "well". The name iself wouldn't do any good, since any Lazarus cell job would be called Lazarus project.

Everyone on the station would have to die. When you meet up with Miranda just before getting on the shuttle, you can ask if they should go back and look for other survivors. She says something like, 'everyone knows you're the only important person on this whole station. If they're not here they didn't make it.' and Jacob says something like, 'she's right. they knew the risks when they signed on.'

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Then he's in on the conspiracy.

Maybe he's an Alliance plant.

Normandy 1.0 was the most advanced warship in space - or so we're led to believe - and the Collector ship sliced and diced it fairly quickly.

I got the impression that Normandy wasn't really a ship of the line as much as it was a stealth/scout vessel, relying on staying unobserved rather than fighting. Cue the introduction of ME2, where they all seem shocked that the collectors can "see" them

Normandy 1.0 was the most advanced warship in space - or so we're led to believe - and the Collector ship sliced and diced it fairly quickly.

I got the impression that Normandy wasn't really a ship of the line as much as it was a stealth/scout vessel, relying on staying unobserved rather than fighting. Cue the introduction of ME2, where they all seem shocked that the collectors can "see" them

Bingo. Normandy isn't supposed to be shot at.

Cerberus doesn't have the fleet to blockade the relay, the Alliance doesn't believe the Collectors are behind the threat, and even if they did, they'd have trouble sending a fleet into the Terminus Systems (see ME1).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Bingo. Normandy isn't supposed to be shot at.

That is true. However, it's not defenseless. I mean, they have to be prepared for those times when the enemy is looking out the window. And the Normandy was at the Vanguard of the Alliance fleet when they arrived at the Citadel to take on Sovereign, and Joker - or whoever was in charge of the guns - delivered the killing blow to Sovereign. I know, it was all a very dramatic cinematic piece, but so was having the ship sliced up by the Collectors.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by mr insomniac

And Miranda, for the perfect woman, seems to have a hell of a lot of self-esteem issues, so there we go again with the overcompensation fa

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think the Alliance doesn't give a rat's ass about the Terminus colonies, and they don't extend military protection to them -- same as with human colonies in the Skyllian Verge and the Council. Which is one of the reasons why people go settle there, to begin with.

Except that

Even though TIM set the whole thing up - sort of - the Alliance was "extending an olive branch" to the civilian colony on Horizon, by sending Kaidan/Ashley there with some defenses

. Maybe it's partly a PR move, but I think they do want to do something about the collectors, it's just implied they don't have the manpower at the moment.

No. The Alliance's goal in that operation was to find out whether the rumors going around about Shepard and Cerberus are true, and what their connection to the missing colonists really is -- the Alliance "aid" is merely an excuse. Anderson and TIM both confirm this.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ah, I've always gone to the Citadel before Horizon, and I never talked to Anderson again after that initial meeting. If he says something about it all during that initial meeting, then I've forgotten it. My bad. As for TIM, I generally don't listen to him much anymore, heh. Next time I play through the game, I'll try not to spacebar the conversations.

And Miranda, for the perfect woman, seems to have a hell of a lot of self-esteem issues, so there we go again with the overcompensation fa

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif