I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

Jason is just another typical military grunt.

He's not even memorable enough for you to get his name right! (It's Jacob.)

You are absolutely right and by extension so am I :lol:

My favorite compliments are also bragging

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, Zaeed isn't much fun to chat with. And he may not be a very good soldier, but I took him on my Grunt recruitment last night and I learned one thing. He's a better soldier than I am. :(

On the plus side, I've got tons of resources now! On the minus side, I spent a whole bunch of them on a thing-a-ma-jiggy that is supposed to make planet scans faster and easier... and I didn't see any danged difference in scanning. Maybe I'm supposed to turn it on or something.

I suck at this game. But I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. How sick is that?? lol

@ ~Di: Before you go to Haestrom to recruit

Tali

make sure you pump the difficulty slider to hardcore or insanity. And make sure you keep it there fore the entire mission. I know it sounds brutal (and believe me it is), but the reward is one of the best assault rifles in the game: The Geth Pulse Rifle. :x

manthing2.jpg

I know it sounds brutal (and believe me it is), but the reward is one of the best assault rifles in the game: The Geth Pulse Rifle. :x

I dunno why, but until I read that I thought this was one of those things that you had to play on hardcore/insanity for the whole game in order to get it. Dumb, I now know, as once you get the rifle you can adjust the difficulty level downwards.

Gah. I'm too far along in my current game now to backtrack that far.... of course, since I'm not even playing a soldier this game... I'll just shut up now. Move along. Nothing to see here.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I know it sounds brutal (and believe me it is), but the reward is one of the best assault rifles in the game: The Geth Pulse Rifle. :x

I dunno why, but until I read that I thought this was one of those things that you had to play on hardcore/insanity for the whole game in order to get it. Dumb, I now know, as once you get the rifle you can adjust the difficulty level downwards.

Gah. I'm too far along in my current game now to backtrack that far.... of course, since I'm not even playing a soldier this game... I'll just shut up now. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Metagaming is a heck of a deal. Of course, the best part about the GPR is that you won't even need Disruptor Ammo since it takes down shields faster than it takes Lindsay Lohan to get plastered. So you can use it with maxed out Incendiary Ammo (Inferno Ammo) and it absolutely rips everything to shreds in seconds thanks to its sinusoidal fire rate (I kid you not) and its manic accuracy. And, to top it off with a cherry, its one of the most efficient ammo guns in the game. Not only does it hold around 480 rounds, but every ammo-pick nets around 120 rounds! So needing a backup wep is never an issue.

EDIT: Your non-solider can use it too if he has Assault Rifle Training! Now be a trooper and backtrack...

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Metagaming is a heck of a deal. Of course, the best part about the GPR is that you won't even need Disruptor Ammo since it takes down shields faster than it takes Lindsay Lohan to get plastered. So you can use it with maxed out Incendiary Ammo (Inferno Ammo) and it absolutely rips everything to shreds in seconds thanks to its sinusoidal fire rate (I kid you not) and its manic accuracy. And, to top it off with a cherry, its one of the most efficient ammo guns in the game. Not only does it hold around 480 rounds, but every ammo-pick nets around 120 rounds! So needing a backup wep is never an issue.

EDIT: Your non-solider can use it too if he has Assault Rifle Training! Now be a trooper and backtrack...

Impressive. Accuracy is a big plus, cuz otherwise I'd need all that ammo. But realistically, playing beyond Haestrom on any difficulty level below hardcore/insanity would be a cakewalk with GPR. I know some would say it already is, but I'm not one of those. Veteran is a challenge enough for me. Still I'm intrigued. I can't remember offhand, do you get the GPR

before you fight the Colossus or after?

?

EDIT: Heh, I already picked the Widow instead.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Got through the Disabled Collector Ship mission on Insanity. If anyone else needs help with it, this would be my advice.

-Grunt and Garrus, Grunt must be loyal and have Fortification/Krogan Berserker maxed with both Krogan Vitality upgrades. Garrus should have Heavy Concussive shot, AP ammo is always useful. Try and get the most XP from sidequests and as many upgrades as you can before.

-On the floating platforms, try to focus on the scions unless they're out of their attack range. So the first scion you should definitely kill first while the second one can wait a while. Keep your allies alive, they're useful distractions for Harbinger and the rest. If you have combat drones or something else to distract them, use it constantly.

-For the Praetorian boss fight, either nuke him ASAP if you have the Cain, or shoot the minions (husks, drones) first so they stop respawing. After that, dodging the praeotrian laser should be easy, just stay far away from him or he'll insta-kill you.

-Ignore the husk rush completely.

Still, damn tough mission.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Impressive. Accuracy is a big plus, cuz otherwise I'd need all that ammo. But realistically, playing beyond Haestrom on any difficulty level below hardcore/insanity would be a cakewalk with GPR. I know some would say it already is, but I'm not one of those. Veteran is a challenge enough for me. Still I'm intrigued. I can't remember offhand, do you get the GPR

?

You get it in the room Tali was trapped in, so yeah, it's after fighting off Big Colo. I too pick Widow because it's the best weapon in the game and awesome for boss-killing (even better than the Collector Pulse Rifle). So my Solider with GPR + Widow is pretty much untouchable even on Insanity.

manthing2.jpg

I know it sounds brutal (and believe me it is), but the reward is one of the best assault rifles in the game: The Geth Pulse Rifle. :(

?

You get it in the room Tali was trapped in, so yeah, it's after fighting off Big Colo. I too pick Widow because it's the best weapon in the game and awesome for boss-killing (even better than the Collector Pulse Rifle). So my Solider with GPR + Widow is pretty much untouchable even on Insanity.

I was afraid of that. It's a moot point anyway; I checked it out and I don't have a savegame going back that far anymore. Ah well, I was already planning on playing the game again. Thanks for the GPR info. :x Agreed on the Widow, although I still do like the rapidfire SR as well. Gotta say it appears to do less damage per shot than even the default SR... which kinda sucks.

Yeah, Zaeed isn't much fun to chat with. And he may not be a very good soldier, but I took him on my Grunt recruitment last night and I learned one thing. He's a better soldier than I am. :x

On the plus side, I've got tons of resources now! On the minus side, I spent a whole bunch of them on a thing-a-ma-jiggy that is supposed to make planet scans faster and easier... and I didn't see any danged difference in scanning. Maybe I'm supposed to turn it on or something.

I suck at this game. But I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. How sick is that?? lol

Zaeed saved my butt during the mission I just played thru. For reasons I don't want to give away in case you haven't gotten there yet, I couldn't see my targets most of the time and he was knocking them down left and right.

Zaeed's not bad, he's just not complete. I mean, if you like you can recruit him as soon as you get to Omega, leave Omega and do his loyalty mission, and twenty or so minutes in the real part of the game -- gaining control of the Normandy I mean --you never have anything to do with him again. At least you can continue to talk to all the others. Maybe his loyalty mission shouldn't come up til much later in the game, and he could interact with any Blue Suns you meet along the way. Maybe have some dialogues with him that way.

Zaeed saved my butt during the mission I just played thru. For reasons I don't want to give away in case you haven't gotten there yet, I couldn't see my targets most of the time and he was knocking them down left and right.

Zaeed's not bad, he's just not complete. I mean, if you like you can recruit him as soon as you get to Omega, leave Omega and do his loyalty mission, and twenty or so minutes in the real part of the game -- gaining control of the Normandy I mean --you never have anything to do with him again. At least you can continue to talk to all the others. Maybe his loyalty mission shouldn't come up til much later in the game, and he could interact with any Blue Suns you meet along the way. Maybe have some dialogues with him that way.

If you take Zaeed on the recruit Archangel mission you do get some points of recognition and other dialogue from the mercenaries over his presence... :x Not a lot, but some.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Take him with you on the Garrus recruitment mission-- he does interact with the Blue Suns.

Jack is a whiny emo

[...]

Miranda is the most superficial and empty character ever, once you get through her Ice queen facade she is empty.

Bio seems to have issues writing convincing strong, independent female characters. Jack's case is obviously an "all-powerful bitch" fa

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, without the upgrade, I had to pick up and re-position my mouse to scan all the way from the N to S poles of a planet. With the upgrade, I can do an entire sweep and stay within my allotted desk real estate. It's lame design, but it does have an effect.

If you take Zaeed on the recruit Archangel mission you do get some points of recognition and other dialogue from the mercenaries over his presence... :lol: Not a lot, but some.
Take him with you on the Garrus recruitment mission-- he does interact with the Blue Suns.

Yeah, I've done that. I was thinking more along the lines of him picking up clues about his loyalty mission from different Blue Suns along the way, maybe "interrogating" a few of them to find out what they know, then talking to Zaeed about it on the ship, a few conversations like you can have with the others... then, after that's done a bit, go on his loyalty mission. It would have made Zaeed a better overall character.

Yeah, Zaeed isn't much fun to chat with. And he may not be a very good soldier, but I took him on my Grunt recruitment last night and I learned one thing. He's a better soldier than I am. :o

@ ~Di: Before you go to Haestrom to recruit

Tali

make sure you pump the difficulty slider to hardcore or insanity. And make sure you keep it there fore the entire mission. I know it sounds brutal (and believe me it is), but the reward is one of the best assault rifles in the game: The Geth Pulse Rifle. :lol:

Hahahahahaha!!! That's a good one. I spent 3 hours on the Garrus mission on Casual (yes, dammit, that's how much I suck... had to turn it down) and now I'm supposed to pump it up to hardcore? That'll have to wait for another playthrough, after I've learned how to hit the broad side of a barn from behind a crate!!

But thanks for the info, which I'd never known otherwise. When I finally get that gun... and I'm tenacious, eventually I will... I'll give you a big, sloppy internet kiss! :*

Edited by ~Di

I just made

Mordin singing

my ringtone. I'm awesome.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I just made

Mordin singing

my ringtone. I'm awesome.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright...

Anyway, I traded in ME2 today. It was a great game and I enjoyed the ride but I can't say I was dying to replay it. Maybe it wasn't that great of a game or maybe I'm just not as interested in gaming anymore but I figured getting $45 for it to put towards my next game was worth it.

Hey, Gilbert & Sullivan always rule. It's always fun to see some of those songs tweaked for such situations like Mordin singing.. :o

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And Miranda, for the perfect woman, seems to have a hell of a lot of self-esteem issues, so there we go again with the overcompensation fa
Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Mordin and Legion are awesome, Garrus is much better this time around. The rest... meh.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

A thought:

Once we know that the Collectors are behind the colony abductions, and given that we know that they live an area accessible only via the Omega-4 Relay, why doesn't somebody (Cerberus or the Alliance) simply post a bunch of warships around said Relay to stop any ships that come out of it? Even a monitoring probe of some kind would probably be effective to give some warning.