ME 2 technical help needed

~Di

ME2 installed fine, I got the DLC's, the launcher comes up and hooks me up to Cerubus, but when I try to start the game, I get no further than the loading screen (which has no movement, just an amber shape of some kind and the word "loading"). I've got 2 gig of ram, a 133 Pent 4, Nvidia 7800 and SB audigy (the sound is fine... plays music while I stare at the frozen loading screen). My computer then has to be rebooted.

Are loading times actually 5-10 minutes long, or have I got a real problem? :shifty: Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm currenting going through the Bio Tech forum, but I usually get better advice here.

Edited by ~Di

You'll need to download the single core fix that can be found on the internets. You might also try the 1.01 patch as it was supposed to help with those issues as well.

EDIT: If you need the link again PM me. :shifty:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

You'll need to download the single core fix that can be found here (I used a direct like to the file as I wasn't sure if the website hosting the file is allowed here). You might also try the 1.01 patch as it was supposed to help with those issues as well.

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, I don't see that fix on the page that your link took me to. :shifty:

Don't you just hate it when pirates fix the game before the actual developers?

Yeah... That is annoying.

ack. Bad post.

Did it work though? If you got the file I'll edit out the links. :shifty:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The patch came out five days ago. That's a copy of the patch for people with pirated copies of the game.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The patch came out five days ago. That's a copy of the patch for people with pirated copies of the game.

This particular patch has been out for over a month.

bunnyfailed.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

bunnyfailed.gif

The one that Deadly_Nightshade linked. Go check the date if you want to.

I know. That was in response to MC's silly (and uninformed) remark.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That did it! *kiss-kiss-kiss*

:blink:

Actually, no, it wasn't. The file I linked was an older, player-made patch/fix that only dealt with single-core issues. :biggrin:

-Hurlshot

I tried the patch first, and it worked right away. I didn't need the "unofficial" fix, but thanks to my fellow forumites, I knew that the problem was a single-core game glitch and not my machine! I wasn't going to download the patch because people were complaining that it broke more than it fixed, so if I hadn't been told what my problem was, I wouldn't have even thought about the patch.

So again, to those who helped me, thanks so much!

Edited by ~Di

Problem solved.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: