DLC for Alpha Protocol - Incredible potential... what would you like to see?

With an espionage setting like Alpha Protocol, there's SO much room for expanding into further adventures and DLC missions. I really hope the game does extremely well and Obsidian provides some excellent DLC missions in the months after release. I would say it would work a lot like what BioWare has done with Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network.

Here's hoping for DLC missions ;)

What I would most like to see (aside from significant feature additions or a standalone campaign best suited for a proper sequel) are missions that further flesh out the CnC in the original story. It's hard to come up with examples of this because it's situational, but something like a different path through part of the game or a new hub with associated consequences later on. This would provide the "new" content that is pretty much expected of DLC these days, but also enhance the overall AP experience without just feeling tacked-on. Basically, I'd most appreciate DLC that makes the game better, not just DLC that makes the game longer.

What would be a good thing for an expansion? More of the same with some new skills, new characters and a new level cap? Or something different like Obsidian did for MotB and SoZ? Like, for example, instead of having four hubs, there is only one and we can go everywhere in it? Missions would still be given through emails and video-calls, but we would have a lot more freedom about how to act because we would have the objective in front of us all the time.

As long as the DLCs of Fallout 3's, particularly Point Lookout, in size and not ME2 and DA bit size DLCs.

Let's wait for some actual ME2 DLC before we decide how big it is, eh?

The stuff we've gotten so far has been pretty impressive, considering it's free (well, ok, not impressive, but big compared to, well, nothing).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

DA's 'DLCs' were at least a couple of hours of play. Nothing to sneeze at. ME2 hasn't even had real DLC yet except for Zhaeed which gives you a brand new companion + a mission that is relatively as long as any other mission. Seems to me DA and ME2's DLCs are just fine in size. Wghile, like everything FO3, its DLC likely sucks.

If Obsidian does DLCs, they should follow BIo's example and do it right.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Shale was a proper DLC, everything else for Dragon Age so far has sucked swedish b*lls (no offence swedes). 1h of gameplay per DLC ain't really worth it. While the DLC's are cheap, I'd rather have Bioware focusing their development on longer dlcs or expansions.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Hey, have you heard of Awakening? 'Nough said. DLCs are not meant to take the palce of expansions, and I don'

t know why people expect to pay $5 and epxect to get 10+ hours of game time out of it. Come on, now. Plus, it's not always about x hours.

One of my favorite RPGs of all time - FO - wasfully completeable under 10 hours (15-20 if you stretch it out). heck, one of my funnest games, was a agme that basiclaly repeated the same 10ish screens over, and over. Some of the most fun i've ever had. R00fles!

Anyways, now to Obsidian DLCs... Just expect them to keep them good. That is all.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I need more information on how the game is structured in order to have a strong opinion about the size/content that would be appropriate for DLC or expansions.

Tentatively, given how much the appeal of the game seems to be on long-range consequences for decisions, integration of the DLC/expansion with the rest of the game will be rather difficult. And, if that integration isn't done (e.g., just some self-contained mission content with additional enemies and l00t) I probably wouldn't consider it worth buying.

Tentatively, given how much the appeal of the game seems to be on long-range consequences for decisions, integration of the DLC/expansion with the rest of the game will be rather difficult. And, if that integration isn't done (e.g., just some self-contained mission content with additional enemies and l00t) I probably wouldn't consider it worth buying.

Especially, as it turns out, both ME1 DLC's were devoid of such long-term consequences. For now, at least.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

DA's 'DLCs' were at least a couple of hours of play. Nothing to sneeze at. ME2 hasn't even had real DLC yet except for Zhaeed which gives you a brand new companion + a mission that is relatively as long as any other mission. Seems to me DA and ME2's DLCs are just fine in size. Wghile, like everything FO3, its DLC likely sucks.

The DLCs in Fallout 3 are larger in scope and added far more to its gameplay than anything DA, ME1, or ME2 have gotten.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

45 minutes for the hardest ones I heard. Plus the fact that the loot is completely unbalanced, that the enemies and loot are level scaled, and that the objects from the DLC are not compatible with the extension. All this is really bad in my opinion. I don't want to pay for things that came for free in Baldur's Gate 2. Especially when their main selling point is "Oh, look! More shiny armors and weapons for your character! Don't you want those???". Finding among the best equipment of the game in quest that aren't that hard completely breaks the immersion for me. Bad, bad Bioware, your DLCs suck!

About Alpha Protocol, yeah I can't see any DLC that would be worth the money, unless they have the content and length to be called "extensions".

Hey, have you heard of Awakening? 'Nough said. DLCs are not meant to take the palce of expansions, and I don'

t know why people expect to pay $5 and epxect to get 10+ hours of game time out of it. Come on, now. Plus, it's not always about x hours.

Yes, I've heard about Awakening. Still my point is that pushing out 1h DLCs is waste of time especially when they don't really add anything to the game. And like I said earlier, it's not the money that bothers me. I'm fine using 4 euros for a DLC, it's one beer at a bar. I just hope they would make something like 5h DLC's for 15 dollars (+ the expansions) that would actually add something to the game other than few codex entries, few items and 30-60mins of playtime. Shale DLC was okay, Warden's Keep was kinda meh (at least it had some lore etc.), but like one has to wonder what was point in Return to Ostagar...

Hate the living, love the dead.

i would like to see guns hanging from a strap on his back, instead of just there, also any expansion to the game would be great hopefully this game takes of in good way, cannot wait to play your game Obsidian, i was at one point going to raid your warehouse for 1 copy of the game for my ps3 :p

p.s

i was going leave the pennys there for it ofc ;)

Some Trolls, arnt looking for anything logical, they cant be questioned, talked to, reasoned or negosiated with, some trolls just want watch the forums burn

Hm, I really can't see how dlc would work well for this game. One of the key features is the choice and consequences and how choices from one hub can affect the others.. DLC won't work that well with it. Hm, I mean, sure they could have it so choices from the "normal" game hubs would affect the DLC stuff.. but nothing in the DLC would affect the rest of the game.

So unless the DLC is designed purely to be stand alone stuff that runs outside of the games story.. (which I guess could be possible) there wouldn't be much point to it...

But hey, that might just be me. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One thing I'd like to see, even if it's a small add-on, is the addition of sniper rifles to the game.

No sniper rifles in game currently? No way... I figured you'd get at least something like a silenced sniper rifle...

Anyway, any new weapons and spy tech gadgets would be welcome, possibly WITH missions.

I'd also love to see a DLC training course where which randomizes the course every time :D you can test your skills. Hostage rescue, infiltration, assault, hack several terminals, etc. All sorts of things.

Even some 'spy training' type memory mini-games or something. LOADS of potential. >_<

Pretty sure there are sniper rifles in the game... hopefully as assault rifles at least, maybe as special weapons like the rocket launcher.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"