Life is a bitch

Morgoth

Today I learned that my dear brother in law felt from 6 meter height down with his back on a rock. Now he's in hospital, fighting for his life. My sis and his 2 year old son are emotionally destroyed, like the rest of the family.

You never know what **** can happen to you, but it always happens when it is least expected.

This sucks. :skeptical:

:skeptical:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Atleast he's not dead.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

An enormous icicle dropped right near me yesterday and would have impaled me but for luck. The line between life and death is flimsy indeed. Rotten luck about your brother in law.

A couple of people have actually been hit by icicles around here this winter.

I kind of sympathise. I mean, you must be feeling terrible. However, I would tentaively suggest that life in general does not suck. Life in its natural form ****ing rocks. I say that despite all the crap which has happened to me recently, and the fact that I'm sitting here having just washed out of training after busting my back quite badly and my life plan being shot to ****. I say this mainly because I was out on ptrol last night, freezing my nuts of, hurting all over from being beasted about the place. it was -5 degrees C, and we were sleeping in the open. Then it began to rain, and I got soaked. But i looked up at the stars and I thought 'My God, I ****ing love being alive.'

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i feel for ya ... best of luck to your B-in-law .

I lost my sister the day after thanksgiving to cancer

one of my brothers suffered a major heart-attack just before x-mas (doing better but still high risk after surgery)

and another brother almost died just after new years ... kidneys started shutting down, high fever, fell broke several ribs , just a bunch of different problems (doing better now)

and most recent yet another brother of mine was just in the hospital for pneumonia and found he has several spots on his lymph nodes (probably cancer) more test are being done

it's been a horrible time for my whole family

To go with my favourite quote when life feels rather crappy..

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be so much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

in the past 6 months or so, i know 2 people that have broken their backs

considering the grave nature of the injury i'm astounded that they have both pulled through remarkably well, with no major permanent problems

i can only hope your brother in law brings that up to 3 lucky souls

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Okay, I was maybe dramatizing a bit too much. His spine wasn't completely broken, and now he's wearing one of those funny supporting belts around his back. He's doing just fine and recovering fast.

Good, because I need him help me dragging some furniture for me. ;)

Woot! I'm so glad to hear that he's doing well and will recover! :)