Radical left-wing French politician wears hijab.

lord of flies

"A 1998 survey"

A 1998 SURVEY

In just a few years, France has suddenly stopped being racist, despite not doing anything special.

In 2002, seventeen percent of the population voted for an openly racist candidate. Than means that for every twenty people you pass on the street, three of them are unabashed racists.

Edited by lord of flies

Good to see that there's at least some countries left in Europe that aren't as quick to jump on the internationalist-multicultural PC bandwagon.

Oh, wait. Did you say France?

Crap.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

There has never have been a true multicultural society. Even the US, which has no official language and is completely secular, is predominantly Anglo-saxon. Litterature, music, laws, langauge, holidays, everything. The rest of the cultures are there as a flavour.

Hijabs will always be considered non-french. At least within this generation or two.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There has never have been a true multicultural society. Even the US, which has no official language and is completely secular, is predominantly Anglo-saxon. Litterature, music, laws, langauge, holidays, everything. The rest of the cultures are there as a flavour.

By about 2040, the US will be majority Hispanic.

Which I guess is still European but it's not Anglo-Saxon!

And in other news, in india muslim women caan chose to wear a sari and a veil instead of the hijab. Pretty sexy if you ask me.

black_satin_valkalam_sari_with_brocaded_border_fr26.jpg

In India, Muslim women can choose not to wear either of the damn things. They are cultural things (mostly Arab), not religious.

Edited by Krezack

It mostly looks like a really really fancy dress.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

By about 2040, the US will be majority Hispanic.

Which I guess is still European but it's not Anglo-Saxon!

Or have they by then been completely assimilated by then, just as the irish and the italians before them? Time will tell :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*sigh* the french are right

I hate to have to agree with the french. Although much more than that will be necessary to stop Islam.

"Stopping Islam" is a childish mantra of people who don't understand how things like "social class," "political regressivism" and "religion" intersect. French Catholics whining about French Muslims is even more idiotic than atheists who attack literally every Christian.

The woman is a member of a radical anti-capitalist party, she just happens to be a Muslim. Why is it so necessary to "stop" the second largest religion in the world?

Lets see here, maybe because Islam is seen as a violent blood crazed religion that treats women as property and wants to take over governments by making them into theocracies. Right or wrong, that is the image it has in many areas in Europe and the US and the extremists and Iran have done little to change that image.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Those groups probably should do something about it because the ignorance is getting a bit old.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Lets see here, maybe because Islam is seen as a violent blood crazed religion that treats women as property and wants to take over governments by making them into theocracies. Right or wrong, that is the image it has in many areas in Europe and the US and the extremists and Iran have done little to change that image.
Yes, but it actually isn't a "violent blood crazed religion that treats women as property and wants to take over governments by making them into theocracies," at least, no more than Christianity, so this is irrelevant posturing on your part.

Yes, but it actually isn't a "violent blood crazed religion that treats women as property and wants to take over governments by making them into theocracies," at least, no more than Christianity, so this is irrelevant posturing on your part.

LoF, you should know by now that it doesn't matter what an organization is, or what a product really does. It is all about public image and public relations, and how well something can be spinned so it can be accepted by the idiot masses. That is the image of Islam for many people and even the moderates have done very little to combat that perceived image.

Perception is reality even if that perception is wrong.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"