Terrorist attack in the US!

Meshugger

Link.

The authorities identified the pilot as Joseph A. Stack III. There were indications that Mr. Stack, 53, was a software engineer who had had conflicts with the I.R.S.

Terrorist scum!

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Its never about impact. He's had enough of everything and just decided to go out with a bang.

Btw its not a terrorist attack.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Its just desperation.

“I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.”
Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

My tax returns are usually sorted out online :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just another guy with financial troubles who decided that everyone but himself was to blame. First he posted a scathing, self-pitying rant on his blog. Then he burned up his house. Then he got into his plane (yes, so broke that he owned himself a little Cessna!) and tried to take as many folks as possible with him.

Wanker.

Then he got into his plane (yes, so broke that he owned himself a little Cessna!) and tried to take as many folks as possible with him.

Wanker.

Yeah, the plane part cracked me up too. I'm sure all the folks living under the poverty line really sympathize with his financial woes.

^Pretty much my idea too. Some people simply break badly when they are treated, in their opinion, wrongly.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't interpret this as me making excuses for this jackass, but I am surprised this hasn't happened more often. The IRS is as close as the US Government comes to true evil. Yes I know that they have a job to do and they do serve a purpose, but when you are destroying someones life don't act like you are enjoying it. If they deem you owe them money they will simply seize it, liquidating your assets to do so, even before you have recieved due process. If you do go to court or arbitration against them, they assumed to be in the right and the burden of proof is on you. If they take from you more than you owe you need to take them to court to get it back and if you do get it back, there is no interest paid for the time they had it, but by God you will pay (and pay and pay) interest on time you had money owed to them.

I remember when I was audited, this arrogant, smirking, little **** just ruined my life and as I was getting up turned to the other SOB there and asked him if he wanted to go get lunch. I came as close as I ever have to comitting murder that day. As horrible as this it, I can almost understand his anger and I just can't seem to gin up much sympathy for the folks who were working in the office that day. Even though I know they were just regular people doing their jobs. I guess I'm just not a nice person.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Don't interpret this as me making excuses for this jackass, but I am surprised this hasn't happened more often. The IRS is as close as the US Government comes to true evil. Yes I know that they have a job to do and they do serve a purpose, but when you are destroying someones life don't act like you are enjoying it. If they deem you owe them money they will simply seize it, liquidating your assets to do so, even before you have recieved due process. If you do go to court or arbitration against them, they assumed to be in the right and the burden of proof is on you. If they take from you more than you owe you need to take them to court to get it back and if you do get it back, there is no interest paid for the time they had it, but by God you will pay (and pay and pay) interest on time you had money owed to them.

I remember when I was audited, this arrogant, smirking, little **** just ruined my life and as I was getting up turned to the other SOB there and asked him if he wanted to go get lunch. I came as close as I ever have to comitting murder that day. As horrible as this it, I can almost understand his anger and I just can't seem to gin up much sympathy for the folks who were working in the office that day. Even though I know they were just regular people doing their jobs. I guess I'm just not a nice person.

"Obviously his methods were wrong, but you can see how a person can feel so excluded..."

"Of course he shouldn't have killed anyone, but you can understand the frustration of a guy who does the right thing, but still gets the shaft, meanwhile these other guys get everything handed to them..."

"You know, he does have one legitimate point..."

"All I'm saying is his explanation makes total sense..."

"Look, I don't condone what he did, but I can understand..."

The Rage Of The Average Joe

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The IRS is as close as the US Government comes to true evil.

So in other words, not very close.

Not really. But ask anyone that has dealt with them up close and personal and to a man and woman they will not have anything nice to say. They are, in a word, brutal.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That is because you live in a country founded by tax evaders. The IRS will always be a symbolic representation of the evil British colonial rule :lol:

...or maybe not. My only encounters with US officials has been the customs agents in Los Angeles (LAX). Sheesh, those guys are genetically engineered to remove they capabilities for smiling. Preferable to the alleged gleeful mockery from the IRS I suppose.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"Obviously his methods were wrong, but you can see how a person can feel so excluded..."

"Of course he shouldn't have killed anyone, but you can understand the frustration of a guy who does the right thing, but still gets the shaft, meanwhile these other guys get everything handed to them..."

"You know, he does have one legitimate point..."

"All I'm saying is his explanation makes total sense..."

"Look, I don't condone what he did, but I can understand..."

The Rage Of The Average Joe

Actually, the biggest difference between me (and millions of others) and people like Joe Stack is I went home and got really, really drunk. And the next day started over, dead broke, from square one. Killling people does not fix what happened or makes it not happen to someone else. In fact the one I REALLY wanted to kill was my accountant/business partner for all the bad advice but he was even worse off then I was.

The truth is, sometime you can do nothing wrong and still have s****y things happen to you. And the next guy can lie cheat and steal, never get caught and retire a millionare. Life isn't fair. Taking your rage out on somone else does not even the scales because the entity that hurt you, in this case the IRS, is a nameless faceless thing that is beyond your ability to damage. It's like being angry at God, or the weather, you have no recourse. You just deal with it an move on. That is what rational people do.

Irrational people do what Joe Stack did. And this time it was agains tthe IRS but you can bet had it not been them it would have been someone or something else. You can't explain why irrational people do what they do. And you really can't stop them either. Trying to assign some political motive to him is just foolish. No one would have thought it political had he snapped and shot someone who cut him off in traffic. This isn't much different.

Yeah, I know this isn't quite what I was saying earlier but this is my real $.02.

Thomas Sowell

• 4 weeks later...
Its never about impact. He's had enough of everything and just decided to go out with a bang.

Btw its not a terrorist attack.

Could you honestly say the same sentence if the same attacker was a Muslim American citizen instead of a Christ American citizen?

Meanwhile, may I remind you the definition of terrorism according to 'American' laws here?

If you read the 2nd definition you may easily recognize that the action here is pure terrorist as it has a 'political motivation'(critisizing a political organization about taxes) includes violence and is against non-combatant targets(plane ''crashes'' into a building full of ''unarmed people'').

After knowing all of these, I was shocked when I was to witness even some authorities avoiding to use the word ''terror'' as same authorities including some tv channels were very motivated to use that term when any Muslim attackers attack something. Such double standardness is too much and also is dramatic for Muslim people. I wish patience to the Muslims living in the USA.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.