American politicians attempt to intervene in internal politics of peaceful middle-eastern country.

lord of flies

Let's theorise there was a holy land, and it split into a billion copies, one for each quantum probability. Let's say in one universe all of one abrhamic group died due to some freak genetic disease disease or some other vague washy idea.

Surely the answer is to transport one abrhamic group from our world into the paradise outlined above, thereby solving two problems.

Therefore I conclude instead of all this fighting we concentrate on resurrecting Professor Pavarotti to help build a dimension Sliding machine. This idea makes so much more sense to me, and I think it's just a lot more practical.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Thought: Could we build new Holy Lands out in the Pacific?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They would sink.

I rather assumed tackling that issue was implicit in the question.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ok. you got me. I didn't see that pun.

-Elwood Blues

Each state has a right to choose itsown political, economic and social structure.

We may not care much for it, but any meddling into internal affairs of any given state by another state, like the one proposed in the OP, is quite illegal.

One would have thought that 2 "nation building" disasters in quick succesion were enough to teach people such change has to come from inner inertia and not outside influence.

Except Iraq is improving. Slowly, sure, but it's happening. Hecjj, just last week the Iraqi gov't was focused on pushing the major cell phone companies to improve services after the 20mil (btw that's about 2/3 of Iraq's population) cell phone users moaned about horrible service.. just like Western countries. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Er, ok. So the nation building thats been wildly sucessful in Germany and Japan following WWII should just be ignored due to your comparion with the current wars that arent even over yet? And dont look now, but were just about out of Iraq and they seem to be doing just fine.

It says a lot that Japan - the only victim of a (two) nuclear bombs are also amongst the US's closest allies, andn one of the most successful Western nations. *shrug* And, last I heard, Germany ain't doing so bad either.

Er, ok. So the nation building thats been wildly sucessful in Germany and Japan following WWII should just be ignored due to your comparion with the current wars that arent even over yet? And dont look now, but were just about out of Iraq and they seem to be doing just fine.

You don`t even know what nation buidling is lol.

Germany and Japan allready had a national identity. Waht you`re thinking off is demilitarisation. Nation building has flopped pritty much everywhere, when we talk about forcing a national identity from the outside (ie. Iraqis, Afghans etc.). And we all know this, so que "state building" - deliberate efforts by a foreign power to construct or install the institutions of a national government, according to a model that may be more familiar to the foreign power but is often considered foreign and even destabilising.

Which is such an improvment... I`m sure the millions dead and misplaced are content knowing their suffering brought about a 40% increase in mobile phone coverage and another undemocratic and corrupt (puppet) regieme.

"when we talk about forcing a national identity from the outside (ie. Iraqis and Afghans)"

Um.. Nobody is trying to force a 'national identity' onto them. Iraqis and Afghanistians already have a national identity.

"another undemocratic and corrupt (puppet) regieme."

Welcome to Western politics!

"when we talk about forcing a national identity from the outside (ie. Iraqis and Afghans)"

Um.. Nobody is trying to force a 'national identity' onto them. Iraqis and Afghanistians already have a national identity.

"another undemocratic and corrupt (puppet) regieme."

Welcome to Western politics!

Northern Iraq is almost autonomous. They have their own flag, their own army and an own national identity: The Kurds. Just saying.

Afghanistan has little of a national identity as well, as there are 7 different nationalities in the same area, each with their own language and culture. They are more like a (very)poor man's version of the Swiss.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Which is such an improvment... I`m sure the millions dead and misplaced are content knowing their suffering brought about a 40% increase in mobile phone coverage

You're of course talking about the millions dead and displaced under Saddam's regime, I take it.

Edited by Krezack

It says a lot that Japan - the only victim of a (two) nuclear bombs are also amongst the US's closest allies, andn one of the most successful Western nations. *shrug* And, last I heard, Germany ain't doing so bad either.
Is this a joke? Like, seriously.

Japan and Germany were both doing extremely well prior to American dickery. Japan was competing with the British Empire in textiles in 1914 without tariffs. Germany had enough industrial and military power to damn near crush the French and Russians in WW1 (and, to a lesser extent, in WW2).

The only good things the US occupation gave Japan and Germany was Article 9 and the mass shaming that lead to the extinguishment of nationalism for two generations, respectively.

No, they did not. Japan attacked a military target. We attacked a civilian target. The bombs were not a necessary measure and they shouldn't have been dropped.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

If it was up to me I would have bombed Tokyo, and save the other bomb for Berlin. When they attacked us they became the enemy. The best way to take down an enemy is to tear about its foundation. The foundation of any military is its civilian support which the government can pull from to bolster its military. The point of war is to win. You cannot win by being nice to those who want to kill you.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Were the civilians trying to kill you?

The civilians support the government and military, they are a whole an entity. Japan, as a nation and entity, attacked the US.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

If it was up to me I would have bombed Tokyo, and save the other bomb for Berlin. When they attacked us they became the enemy. The best way to take down an enemy is to tear about its foundation. The foundation of any military is its civilian support which the government can pull from to bolster its military. The point of war is to win. You cannot win by being nice to those who want to kill you.

I had forgotten why you disgust me, but now I've remembered.

I'm with Kill again. We should have nuked Berlin and Tokyo, not Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It's war; civilian casualties are a necessities, especially with a country like WWII-era Germany, when the entire country was made of of raving psychos (remember, I'm Jewish).

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I can understand bias against the Nazi's, but hatred of Germans in general is just stupid. And by the way, the Japanese were ready to surrender by the time the bombs were dropped.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.