Supreme Commander 2

Purkake

I just want something a little more traditional, I guess. I have no problem with the meta-view being on the second monitor; I just don't want my mouse to be capable of scrolling over to it. Just lock my mouse on the main battle window and I'd be a happy camper, and still capable of scrolling in and out to zoom. There's even a menu option that would seem to be for this purpose ("Lock Cursor To Window"), but maybe that's for playing in windowed mode, now that I think about it.

Matthew Rorie

I just want something a little more traditional, I guess. I have no problem with the meta-view being on the second monitor; I just don't want my mouse to be capable of scrolling over to it. Just lock my mouse on the main battle window and I'd be a happy camper, and still capable of scrolling in and out to zoom. There's even a menu option that would seem to be for this purpose ("Lock Cursor To Window"), but maybe that's for playing in windowed mode, now that I think about it.

If you have a secondary monitor, but aren't using it to play the game your mouse cursor isn't locked to the game screen for some reason. Lock Cursor To Window will keep it from leaving the game. As for your scrolling issue, I don't know if this is just because I've got two different size monitors, but I can scroll using the top edge of my secondary monitor, but not the side or bottom. I know it would be a pain in the ass to move to the far side of the second screen just to scroll the main window, but maybe that still works?

Ah, ok, I see now. I need to disable the second monitor for the purposes of the game and then lock the cursor to the screen to prevent it from sliding off onto the desktop. It's too bad I can't keep the secondary monitor as the meta-map and still have the cursor locked to the main gameplay window, but I'd rather have the ability to edgescroll on all four sides of the window than have the meta map (although I guess we'll see how true that is when the maps get bigger).

Matthew Rorie

• 4 months later...

If you go into your display settings you will see two images of your monitors that you can drag around. Drag your second monitor to the upper/right corner in relation to your first monitor to prevent accidentally going to the second screen. Now you will only go to the second screen by moving to this corner.