Winter Olympics, eh.

kirottu

My money is on the Yanks for sunday. Sure, I'd be happy if Canada won, but I think the US has done more with less so far this tournament.

I just want Canada to lose on home ice. I don't like a fair amount of players on Canada's team anyway. Including Pronger, Brodeur, ect.

YES! Canada wins the Men's Hockey Gold in the overtime! Final score 3-2 with Crosby getting the winning goal on a feed from Iginla!

That makes 14 gold medals for Canada and a new Olympic record for most gold medals by any country in the winter Olympics!

But, we diodn't win the over all medal count, which imo, is what matters.

Grats to Crosby and Team Kanada for winning the only gold - only sport - that truly matters at the Olympics. <.

Good job by our Southern neighbours in giving it their all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Grats to Crosby and Team Kanada for winning the only gold - only sport - that truly matters at the Olympics. <.

We didn't get the overall medal count, but we were close, we had a silly amount of 4th and 5th place finishes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That was definitely an epic hockey game. The one silver (get it?) lining for the US team is they were the youngest team in the tourney, and they will be able to keep that core together for at least a couple more Olympics.

And we're one of only two countries that ranks things in terms of total medals rather than gold medals. The BBC commented a couple days ago that it was ironic that the COC was conceeding the podium when nearly everyone else had Canada leading the standings.

I didn't think the Hockey game had quite as much action as the earlier CAN-US game, but it was still damn good. That last minute goal by Parise was just "OMG NO!" when it went in with less than 30 seconds to go.

Edited by Deraldin

Anyone catch the closing ceremonies? Giant beavers and flying moose. Magical.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I didn't think the Hockey game had quite as much action as the earlier CAN-US game, but it was still damn good. That last minute goal by Parise was just "OMG NO!" when it went in with less than 30 seconds to go.

It was more like OMG BEER EVERYWHERE because I threw my drink in the air.