Winter Olympics, eh.

kirottu

There's only one Portuguese guy at the Winter Olympics.

He participated in this event.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't watch events controlled by those who say someone deserves to die because they weren't 'good enough'.

Hmm, I cant catch the reference.

I dont watch on purpose but if something interesting is happening while I flip by then Ill stop and watch for a few minutes.

Edited by Gfted1

I watch, since it the only thing worth watching on TV at the moment.

What i am looking forward to though, is to watch is the mens Hockey of course. I do not care about women's Hockey with results such as these.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There's only one Portuguese guy at the Winter Olympics.

He participated in this event.

Hey, he finished the course :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm watching Hockey right now. I remember four years ago I was addicted to it because the NHL was on strike. Now I'm just watching to keep up with all my Sharks. So far they are looking good.

I'm really shocked by the Luge accident. It seems like a really terrible design, not just the course, which I understand they are trying to make it tough, but just put up some padding around those metal beams or something! I imagine you will see some big changes in the sport for the future, but it is unfortunately too late for the young man who lost his life.

I'm really shocked by the Luge accident. It seems like a really terrible design, not just the course, which I understand they are trying to make it tough, but just put up some padding around those metal beams or something! I imagine you will see some big changes in the sport for the future, but it is unfortunately too late for the young man who lost his life.

I'd like to think some padding would have saved that guys life. But he was nearly reaching speeds of 90 mph. Personally, I don't think it would have made a difference.

I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but didn't they used to line the outside of the tracks with hay or straw bales years ago?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'd like to think some padding would have saved that guys life. But he was nearly reaching speeds of 90 mph. Personally, I don't think it would have made a difference.

I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but didn't they used to line the outside of the tracks with hay or straw bales years ago?

From what I understand it was the guys 7th run on the course, and since it was completed there has been hundreds of runs. It not so much that it is a dangerous course, its that there was a freak accident. But yeah, it shouldn't have been exposed like that.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So, has anyone else been watching the olympics?

Not really. I'm waiting for the hockey tournament to get going (tonight for Sweden).

But the Finns ruined cross country skiing for me with their systematic doping. Stupid Finns!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not really. I'm waiting for the hockey tournament to get going (tonight for Sweden).

But the Finns ruined cross country skiing for me with their systematic doping. Stupid Finns!

nelson-muntz.gif

Now, where did I put my steroids..

Keep beating the dead horse :p

I do remember that one swedish commentator mentioned the reason on why the finns got caught. It was due to that the finnish team wasn't aware that that type of doping had just been forbidden. The austrian, norwegian and russian teams had been informed about it in beforehand though (i dunno about the swedish team).

Anyhoo, see ya in the hockey-finals!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't watch the Olympics. I read an article in one of Sweden's largest newspapers about it though, where the journalists sent to Vancouver said it was badly organized, with horrible (warm) weather and the only good thing was that the Canadian journalists were nice to hang out with. So, I am probably not missing a lot.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

They should come to Iowa. We have plenty of snow. WAY TO MUCH FRAKIN' SNOW!

No, I haven't been watching the winter Olympics, but I have heard about the death. I am surprise that there hasn't been more deaths in that event. I mean, speeding about 80 MPH on ice with minimal protection?!?! One small mistake and SPLAT! Its Sonny time.

I really hope they rethink about having this event, or at least allow the athletes who participate wear some form of protection.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Good for you. It's not like anyone else does doping in cross country skiing...

Smigun pretty much absent for whole year, comes and all most gets the gold. Team Austria's path to glory from Ramsau (sp) to Turin where they got busted by Italian police. Now we have such powerhouse nations as France and Switzerland taking medals in cross country skiing that has been dominated by Nordic countries and Russia/Soviet Union for eternity. Before them it was Germany that suddenly just started to produce world class skiiers...

The only reason Finland got caught was due to our WADA guy not informing Team Finland that hemohes can be seen through the tests + them being amateurs at it. If you actually believe that most WADA personnel of each country don't tell their athletic commissions about the new tests you are really naieve.

Some WADA guy said in an interview that they could see from the tests that pretty much every f**cking team was using Hemohes to cover EPO in Ramsau. Hehohes wasn't banned back then so they couldn't do anything about it...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Switzerland almost pulled a huge upset off against Canada. It was a fantastic game, as good as any NHL playoff matchup.

Yeah, for the second tournament in a row. If they had beaten us again, at least we managed to score this time! Had me going there for awhile wondering just who was going to get that win. :ermm: