Can this be considered as animal torture?

ramza

Funny and sad at the same time...

How much lazier can humans become?

http://www.wind.com.gr/pages.fds?langID=1&pageid=1960

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQT2T6ygnRc

I really want to beat the crap out of the owners who laugh in the second video.

PS: I was restraining myself from laughing (I had mixed feelings) when looking at the first video for the first time and my aunt was passing by behind me and happened to watch the video as well. She shouted "Oh my God, that's horrible! And they even put nazi music along with the torture sequence!" (I have crappy speakers on my laptop, so she may have not heard well). I burst out laughing, that was just too much...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Is this torture too?

I've given baths to cats by hand, and they usually react like those cats inside the box.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Is this torture too?

I've given baths to cats by hand, and they usually react like those cats inside the box.

The problem is that cats are claustrophobic by nature. Putting them in such a small space + spraying them with water (which they hate) is not really the best idea. Dogs usually can live with it (actually they don't even react this way) but it's very different for cats. It's not just an unpleasant experience, they must really feel like they are drowning or something like that.

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed that I linked the wrong address for the first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woaa0KZ6iRM...feature=related

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Animal cruelty is a serious problem stretching it to include things like this however is a joke. Pet ownership itself is cruel through sponsorship of the supply and production processes on top of being useless exploitation they are not even working animals. The only 'problem' with the catwash is visibility, what is a pets tramatic event compared to entire tramatic lives of a host of animals exploited to support the general consumer lifestyle...

I see this being like the closed loop arguement in the smoking thread, if ones issues are trifling then pointing out the fact as an arguement is just stamped distraction or diversion. However thats what this is, Its just demeaning and trifling to animal exploitation issues. How would could this be a last straw, crossed line or anything like that? The only issue the visibility and you believing they are 'doing the whole pet thing wrong'

Edits boatload of sentence fragments... :)

Edited by Asol

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

As an owner of two cats, i do not approve of washing your cats that way. Even if neither of them happen to be afraid of water to begin with.

You DO NOT need to wash your cat unless it has fleas or if it has dipped its whole coat in toxic wastes or excessive dirt. Washing your cat is NOT a weekly pleasure that you can have as a pet-date with your friends. Washing your cat is a kin of you taking shots against Polio, TBC and other deceases. Only done when absolutely necessary.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm the owner of two cats as well and if you really need to wash your cats (eg. if they have fleas), there are easier ways to do this than to put them in something like that. I've washed cats in the past and it's easier to hold them, put them in a laundry sink and let luke warm water run over them while applying flea shampoo to them. Rinse the shampoo off, have a towel ready and wrap them up to get any excess water off and then let them sit next to a heater. After about half an hour, they seem to be okay. With these machines, I don't see any benefit why you would put a cat in one of them.

I'm the owner of two cats as well and if you really need to wash your cats (eg. if they have fleas), there are easier ways to do this than to put them in something like that. I've washed cats in the past and it's easier to hold them, put them in a laundry sink and let luke warm water run over them while applying flea shampoo to them. Rinse the shampoo off, have a towel ready and wrap them up to get any excess water off and then let them sit next to a heater. After about half an hour, they seem to be okay. With these machines, I don't see any benefit why you would put a cat in one of them.

True, i discarded the machinewashing completely without providing alternative measures.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cats love bathing about as much as people love being hit with a Taser. It is no more animal cruelty to force a cat into one of those contraptions than it is to shoot their owner with a Taser :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Cats love bathing about as much as people love being hit with a Taser.

So you're one of those 'once a week' people?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.