Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Yeah?

Try having a sleep key on your keyboard. How about them apples?

U can disable it in BIOS if it supports it, same with power button, it's under power management if at all, or in windows Control Panel -> Power Options -> Advanced -> Power Buttons (in vista or 7 U can use search tool, really handy)

Oh well, google also says http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/160600...button-keyboard

good luck with that.

Edited by roch

Oh, I fixed it all right, it was my keyboard back when I had a Pentium 133MHz.

Yes some ps/2 relict, U must be really gentle with it I presume ;) survived that long..

In all seriousness, I really wish they'd work on the saving system to make it less prone to corruption.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

You know what annoys me though. After windows XP Alt+CTRL+DEL nolonger starts the task manager, it gives you the logon screen where you can chose to start the task manager, and a bunch of other pointless logon related choices.

try ctrl+shift+esc

In all seriousness, I really wish they'd work on the saving system to make it less prone to corruption.

I don't think you really need to save people from themselves.

Unless you were talking about the actual save files getting corrupted, which seems... unlikely

You know what annoys me though. After windows XP Alt+CTRL+DEL nolonger starts the task manager, it gives you the logon screen where you can chose to start the task manager, and a bunch of other pointless logon related choices.

That feature was implemented to make the task manager selectable when in full-screen programs that changed the resolution of the screen. It should change the resolution when you press ctrl+alt+delete

I don't think you really need to save people from themselves.

No, your second guess was the correct one. But 'saving people' is sort of the local past-time around these parts.

That and speaking in tongues, and handling snakes.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Some new? info from Finnish gaming magazine Pelit:

- Weapons have unique/individual qualities. Some cause critical hits to head, others will damage your limbs severely for example circular saw will eat your fingers.

- Death animations vary depending which weapon you are using.

- Different gangs and villages might evolve during your gameplay while you are not watching. For example random Raider gang might find a hidden weapons cache and rise to power.

- One new picture (at least for me) which shows concept art of an NCR Ranger Armor.

Hate the living, love the dead.

example circular saw will eat your fingers.

;)

- Different gangs and villages might evolve during your gameplay while you are not watching. For example random Raider gang might find a hidden weapons cache and rise to power.

I think that's new.

This sort of dynamic world would be great and really aide the sandbox-style of gaming as far as keeping the world interesting.

I think it is extraordinarily unlikely that it will be implemented to any sort of degree. Much more likely to see a continutation of the level-scaled, but static, spawns of FO3.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

JE doesn't say very much anymore. Whether because of his Alien crpg experience or because Bethesda has everyone on the short leash or whatever, who knows.

But these days were lucky to get a "boo!" from him. Or anyone else.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.