Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

I'm hoping for some okay restaraunts with great food so i won't get hungry

there is a mcdonalds right on the strip.

but the grand lux cafe in the venetian is where its at: 24 hours of good hangover food

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It can't really be understated how big of a splash Fallout 3 made. After Bioshock it was maybe the game that normal people heard about.

Do we need those kind of splashes? I was happy in nerd land...

I'm warming up to this game. And since I was never a Fallout enthusiast to begin with, that's saying something. The visual resemblance to Fallout 3 is off putting (brings back bad memories,it does), but the premise is wacky enough to catch my attention.

Might be time to restart my anti romance crusade again. Instead give us a brothel! Make all the hoes suitably dirty, and the action at least implicitly hot.

Kama Sutra Master FTW!

Question: who are the writers behind Fallout: NV and what's their previous work?

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Mainstream media coverage this early in the hype cycle? Wow.

Most likely a product of vertical integration

Is there some ownership connection between Gannett (USA Today's parent) and Zenimax (Bethsoft's parent) that I'm not aware of?

I was thinking more along the lines of a connection between USA Today and PC Gamer

The USA article definitely reads like an advertisement for PCG's cover story.

Edited by bhlaab

Question: who are the writers behind Fallout: NV and what's their previous work?

J. E. Sawyer - Icewind Dale II, Baldur's Gate: The Black Hound (canceled), Van Buren (canceled Fallout 3), Neverwinter Nights 2, Aliens: Crucible (canceled)

Chris Avellone - Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, Van Buren (canceled), Knights of the Old Republic II, Alpha Protocol

John R. Gonzalez

I was thinking more along the lines of a connection between USA Today and PC Gamer

The USA article definitely reads like an advertisement for PCG's cover story.

Ah; that makes a bit more sense. PC Gamer is owned by Future Publishing, which owns a whole lot of different specialty publications. I don't see any obvious connections to Gannett, and it isn't exactly uncommon for newspaper writers to crib leads from trade magazines. But there could also be some cross-promotion arrangements between the two companies, I suppose.

J. E. Sawyer - Icewind Dale II, Baldur's Gate: The Black Hound (canceled), Van Buren (canceled Fallout 3), Neverwinter Nights 2, Aliens: Crucible (canceled)

Poor Josh, he's certainly had a run of bad luck.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Chris Avellone - Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, Van Buren (canceled), Knights of the Old Republic II, Alpha Protocol

John R. Gonzalez

Wasn't there a fourth person?

John R. Gonzalez

Good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Wow, didn't know Chris worked on Fallout 2 - that's promising.

I wonder if he is going to include his usual metaphysical musings, I've grown used to them.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Wow, didn't know Chris worked on Fallout 2 - that's promising.

I wonder if he is going to include his usual metaphysical musings, I've grown used to them.

The story was done by the time he joined the NV project, I wouldn't bet on it.

Its mix of role-playing and first-person shooting game elements, as well as its elaborate and expansive story, earned Fallout 3 critical praise and several game-of-the-year awards. The game has sold about 4 million copies.
Was I playing the pre-alpha version? Mine had a crappy short copy/paste story. Edited by Oner

John R. Gonzalez

Wasn't there a fourth person?

Story-wise, I'd say these are the most important people, Sawyer as lead designer and project director, Gonzalez as lead creative designer, and Avellone as senior designer and Obsidian's creative director.

Story-wise, I'd say these are the most important people, Sawyer as lead designer and project director, Gonzalez as lead creative designer, and Avellone as senior designer and Obsidian's creative director.
The trailer is the only thing I can point to to answer your question, can't say much more than that. Josh and John Gonzalez (our creative lead and master of all things plot-related) put together a great story with some fun new mechanics, and they know their Fallout.

Yea, my bad.