What are you playing now?

Gorth

Still playing Final Fantasy XIII, plan on finishing it this week. It annoys me that I have to go and grind crystarium points to win boss fights, and it annoys me even more that I cannot have a proper conversation with any character in the game.

If anyone has ever played Folklore, FF13 feels kinda like that game. Just prettier and with a deeper battle system.

There seems to be some conspiracy centered at getting me to play Dragon Age. A few minutes ago my neighbour borrowed me his copy. Actually he practically shoved it in my hands so I'm now staring at it and trying to resist the temptation of party based combat and gay elves :ermm:

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

There seems to be some conspiracy centered at getting me to play Dragon Age. A few minutes ago my neighbour borrowed me his copy. Actually he practically shoved it in my hands so I'm now staring at it and trying to resist the temptation of party based combat and gay elves :ermm:

Do it. Even though you might risk losing your job, girlfriend and social skills.

Do it. Even though you might risk losing your job, girlfriend and social skills.

I'm a student, my gf is tolerance incarnate and my social skills were never great to begin with, so I'm safe.

My preciousssss

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Not to mention your mental stability. I still have nightmares of never ending mobs every 10 steps.

Don't let the good beginning fool you, the longer you play, the clearer you will see.

Stalker: Call of Pripyat arrived today from The Hut. I'm going to put it on hold for a while because there's two russian patches released but not a single one for UK version. I might be somewhat crazy in a good way, but I'm not nuts enough to play Stalker game without patches :ermm:

Well, if it's any comfort, I've probably played over 20 hours so far and I have yet to encounter any serious bugs. In fact, the only bug I can think of was one where I was supposed to guard someone and the game kept killing that person before the game even let me pull out my gun (when the game loads a new location, you always start with your gun holstered). Also, this person was supposed to be guarded by a bunch of other guards but me, but they didn't spawn immediately.. five minutes into the battle, they suddenly appeared. It was very spooky.

I got past that bit by acting as a human meat shield since I could move much faster than I could pull out my gun..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not to mention your mental stability. I still have nightmares of never ending mobs every 10 steps.

Don't let the good beginning fool you, the longer you play, the clearer you will see.

I can always ruin it in a review later. :ermm:

logosig2.jpg

Well, if it's any comfort, I've probably played over 20 hours so far and I have yet to encounter any serious bugs. In fact, the only bug I can think of was one where I was supposed to guard someone and the game kept killing that person before the game even let me pull out my gun (when the game loads a new location, you always start with your gun holstered). Also, this person was supposed to be guarded by a bunch of other guards but me, but they didn't spawn immediately.. five minutes into the battle, they suddenly appeared. It was very spooky.

I got past that bit by acting as a human meat shield since I could move much faster than I could pull out my gun..

A stalker game that doesn't bug out so much that it destroys the world with it!? Well I'll be damned.

I can always ruin it in a review later. :ermm:

Well what do you think what I'm waiting for :ermm:

I already got the popcorn ready.

Stalker: Call of Pripyat arrived today from The Hut. I'm going to put it on hold for a while because there's two russian patches released but not a single one for UK version. I might be somewhat crazy in a good way, but I'm not nuts enough to play Stalker game without patches :ermm:

Considering the the Russian version has been out for a while most of the fixes have probably already been rolled into the English release.

BG2 works well on the widescreen mod but that mosaic / tile effect on the dialogue screen is more prominent. No biggie.

I suppose that one day I won't be able to run BG2... and I will have to put the discs in a frame in my den like they were a classic platinum selling album or something. It really is that good. I have three copies, including the five-disc original in the big box and an unopened DVD version. No CE though, sadly.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Stalker: Call of Pripyat arrived today from The Hut. I'm going to put it on hold for a while because there's two russian patches released but not a single one for UK version. I might be somewhat crazy in a good way, but I'm not nuts enough to play Stalker game without patches =]

Considering the the Russian version has been out for a while most of the fixes have probably already been rolled into the English release.

Hey, it is already patched to latest version! Thanks!

But now the long waited ME2 finally arrived. I guess I have to play it first to see what's up with that.

Howdy Black Isle fans

Just stopping by to say hi to the old timers, (and so my account here isn't erased because of too many cobwebs ).

Been playing NeverwinterNights 1 internet, Aventia action server, since last August. Stopped playing WOW since last...umm March I think. With D&D getting weirder and more limited, spell variety wise, figured my last project should be to make a lvl 2048 charaacter that Aventia supports. Then after, maybe I'll stick a crowbar in my wallet, get a new gameing box, and try a new game.

Glad to see the new Fallout making a expansion. Haven't bought Fallout 3 yet tho, old box. Can't even play the NWN2 game I bought yet, cause of the error messages.

Well, tell Fionovar and Howling 1 I said hi. Good luck with ur company Feargus.

I finished Stalker: Call of Pripyat last night. The end was a mixed bag. The actual GAME end (the one where you participate) was a let-down. I had a too good armour, a too good sniper rifle, and a too good assault rifle for it to even begin giving me problems. Also, I got some kind of achievement that kept awarding me free ammo. I checked my storage just before the endgame and it turned out I had 1800 rounds of armour piercing bullets for my assault rifle just lying there waiting for me! Needless to say, I ripped through any and all resistance the game threw at me from then on.

But the MOVIE ending was cool! I'm actually thinking of replaying it at once just to see another permutation of the end. It heavily resembles the Fallout endings, as it too consisted of short movies strung together depending on what you'd done in the game beforehand. It basically covered every major character you'd run into and every location and their fate after you'd passed through. Very cool! I'm also pretty sure I didn't get the "good" ending (or at least the best ending) since I usually always let my squad mates act as bullet sponges while I, myself, lie in wait with my sniper rifle in the background. Noone survived :D

Still, a very, very good game. Right now I'd rank it up there with the first Stalker, but I may even have to rank it slightly higher. Well worth the asking price of 23

Hmm, I'm not sure, but I'd estimate 30 hours or so. I wasn't in any hurry though as I just love to roam the zone just to see the battles going on around me and the stuff that just happens.

Having played about 2 hours of Stalker CoP I can say I'm impressed with how atmospheric the game is. And much more polished than the original.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Haha, and I have played 2h of ME2 and it already irritates me :p

Good that I have CoP ready to fire up after ME2 to counter the bad vibes.

White Knight chronicles and Champions Online.

Champions honestly feels like a single player game that randomly has people in it. Of course it doesn't help that most of the characters you make will ultimately feel the same if they have the same overall attack style (Ranged or melee) because they had to make most of the attacks EXTREMELY similar simply because of the fact you can mix and match power pools. I picked it up because it was 20 bucks and I got a free month. I'd honestly probably have gotten City of heroes again over this.

White knight is a trip. If you get it you HAVE to be a fan of deep jrpgs to enjoy it. You can take any character and send them in a 'direction' in terms of attacks and magic. You also can make "you" in the game as a character. Yes, you get a personalized avatar. And they do it correctly (In my opinion) so that when you're making his face and body, they have several presets that you can look at and zip through, then manipulate the sliders if you feel the urge to (unlike a few where you just have a standard face, sliders, and a random button). The story is basically that you're a hired hand at a wine seller and you're sent to pick up the wine for a celebration at the castle. You pick it up and come back to the castle and the main character (who's not you, your character is really just a member of the part who doesn't talk) slips into the castle and ends up getting caught up in an attack on the place. Eventually he runs off trying to save the princess dragging her with him into the catacombs. Down there they fight their way further and further down into the depths until they hit the treasure vaults where Leonard (the main character) ends up having to make a pact with a creature that gives him the ability to control the titular white knight.

It's makes for an escaflowne esque combat system and seems good currently. There's also a multiplayer component where you take your avatar into somebody elses game. Haven't tried it but I'll probably be doing it with coworkers.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Haha, and I have played 2h of ME2 and it already irritates me :p

It sounds like you expected it to irritate me. Why would you ever buy a game with that attitude?

Haha, and I have played 2h of ME2 and it already irritates me :lol:

It sounds like you expected it to irritate me. Why would you ever buy a game with that attitude?

I tried to come up with something funny on that typo of yours, but I'm way too tired right now to be clever.

But to answer your question, while I tend to see a lot of unused potential and things that doesn't exactly fit into my personal preferences in Bio's games, I still play them and like them enough for four reasons:

1. I like RPG's

2. World is not exactly drowning on RPG's, so there really isn't much room to choose

3. World is not exactly drowning on RPG's, so there really isn't much room to choose

4. World is not exactly drowning on RPG's, so there really isn't much room to choose

3. World is not exactly drowning on RPG's, so there really isn't much room to choose

This is the only reason I'm thinking of picking up Mass Effect 2 too. In a while, when it's cheap.

I would never agree with reason 2 though, and reason 4 is just silly.