Knights of the Chalice

Llyranor

Just played the demo, hadn't really heard of the game before. Pretty fun. Seems to be a pretty awesome implemention of turn-based party-based combat. Reminded me a lot of DnD, but I guess that's because it uses the Open Gaming License 3.5.

Full game worth it? Buy? Yes/no.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Alright, I took the plunge and bought this crap a few days back. Very good fun. Tried out Ironman mode, but after getting wiped out a few times within the first few battles, decided maybe I wasn't ready yet. I'm now a few hours in, after a few dungeons, and it's been pretty much a blast. The tactical turn-based combat is very well-done and accessible (I can pretty much get info on any specific rule via hyperlinking very quickly). Pacing is pretty good; combat goes by very fast/smoothly. Still a good challenge, but I'd say things are a little easier once I gained access to some mid-level area effect spells, though. I'd say the combat's been more enjoyable and involving than most of the shovelware CRPG crap that's been available lately. Pretty glad I bought this. If you miss the good old days of turn-based tactical battles, try the demo.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)