My laptop is screeching

Oner

It's scared of your ugliness.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Option A:

A banshee has possessed your laptop and it is trying to find a way to kill you.

Option B:

Something in the laptop is about to commit suicide. Could be a fan or a capacitor. Or something else. I suggest taking backups from the files and sending your laptop to service.

Edited by Slinky

Yeah, I concur that it's something bad - and from personal experience I would guess that a fan is to blame. You might be able to replace that yourself if the laptop is out of warranty but if it's not then I'd just get it serviced.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I have to say I support the possession hypothesis. I recommend taking it to your local church and throwing it into the font while it's plugged in. If I'm right you will find the demon is forcibly expelled with a fantastic shower of sparks etc.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Aha! Then the bashee theory is confirmed!

Wouldn't you make stange noises if someone would come along and shove a cord in your ass, and then wiggle it around?

Wouldn't you make stange noises if someone would come along and shove a cord in your ass, and then wiggle it around?

I call for science!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Look, have you ever seen Roswell Conspiracies? It was scientifically proven -heck, they admitted it themselves- that banshees are vulnerable to technology. Throw a remote control at one and she'll be in hospital for days, and you suggest she lives in a laptop? Ignorance I say.

• 9 months later...