What you did today

Gorth

Maybe you should just have a glass of shut the hell up. You know it's not easy living with a self-righteous, pseudo-intellectual, insecure, dumb ass prick who believes pretty much every conspiracy theory out there, so cut me some slack, or what, am I supposed to be immune from getting down about anything? Problems, depression, anger, they are for the emo and weak minded people only, are they? I should just harden the **** up, right? I wasn't even being whiny in that post.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get you upset or anything.

I just meant if you're having some withdrawels because you're not drinking as much, maybe some wine would help.

Arch you should definitely not get back into drinking at all especially if you were so into it that you are having withdrawals. You should find a better way to cope with your situation than substance abuse but it might be likely that you have the gene for addiction so maybe its a good start to see a counselor at your school and try and work some of this stuff out?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

i've never particularly got along with any of my siblings, so as soon as i moved out of home i pretty much stopped ever having to deal with them

i go months and months without so much as even txting them, and that suits me fine

today i'm at work unfortunately

thankfully it isn't as bad as it was yesterday. by the end of the day i was about ready to throttle someone.

plans for tonight is to head to a friend's gig, then tomorrow night another friend's music video release gig

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect
i've never particularly got along with any of my siblings, so as soon as i moved out of home i pretty much stopped ever having to deal with them

i go months and months without so much as even txting them, and that suits me fine

Yeah, I don't want it to have to come to that, though. I'm really trying to keep things cool. I mean I try to see things from his point of view, but I honestly think he has a psychological need to believe these things, but for all I know, maybe there is some kind of secret conspiracy going on, orchestrated by the Bilderberg group, the Bohemian grove, Skull and Bones, and whatever other fanatical rich secret societies there are out there, - but the sheer scale and secrecy required for this just makes it... well implausible would be an understatement, unless of course, the corporate media conglomerates are in on it - you see how ridiculous this gets?

I admit, for a while there, I used to buy into this sort of stuff, and am still not 100% sure that there wasn't some type of government cover-up/involvement in 9/11, and I try to keep an open mind, but I don't know, I think he's just seeing **** he wants to see, and connecting dots that really aren't there. All sounds like superstitious, occultist, pseudo-scientific garbage to me, for the gullible.

A lot of his claims (top sociologists/psychologists working for "them"), hierarchy of the corporate media being involved, the existence of secret technology, chemtrail effects - cannot be supported by evidence, and another thing that makes me skeptical of conspiracy theories is Occam's razor and that he sees conspiracy in just about everything. But hey, this world is crazy and people will believe in almost anything, it's just sad how protective people get with their beliefs and how stubborn they are - just look at all the wars that have happened over religious and political issues.

I admit I can be very naive myself, though. I was convinced for a while there the 2006 World Cup was rigged for Italy to win it, and then eventually came to my senses and understood the logical implausibility of it all. Confirmation bias can be quite powerful.

Me and my sister started getting along way better when she went to college. Maybe once every two weeks we have a solid conversation through texts, and when she comes home I don't mind spending a little time with her. Time away from people you hate makes you realize you don't hate them so much.

Yeah Arch you need to take a page out of The White People's Manual, which is no matter what income, region, or spiritual group you belong to, as long as you are white you have the right, nay, the obligation to hate and ignore your family to the best of your abilities. Unless you're Jewish or Mormon. It's a time honored tradition that I myself and my family (extended included) have embraced throughout many generations and its made me the great man I am today.

My bro is a complete a hole, I only talk to him when he needs something from me and when I absolutely have no choice and need something from him. Yeah it means I get douched on from time to time but no confrontations and often very little contact.

Course your situation is different but trying to see eye to eye with someone who is clearly deranged is not a great idea. It's in your best interest to start setting boundaries with him but you have to be clear and stern. People like to take advantage, if you give them a little they'll take a lot. You can't give him anything. It's not healthy to indulge his delusions. The very act of even letting him tell you about these conspiracies only furthers this. You need to have a talk with him, not an argument. Hell, even a letter if you're not sure you'll be able to contain yourself. Then again, your bro obviously has some issues so communication may not work on him in which case you really need to just try and stay out of his way as much as possible, be polite and courteous but remove yourself from the equation.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Well, I'm in Spokane, Washington today. We had an...interesting night in the hotel tonight.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Guest The Architect
Yeah Arch you need to take a page out of The White People's Manual, which is no matter what income, region, or spiritual group you belong to, as long as you are white you have the right, nay, the obligation to hate and ignore your family to the best of your abilities. Unless you're Jewish or Mormon. It's a time honored tradition that I myself and my family (extended included) have embraced throughout many generations and its made me the great man I am today.

My bro is a complete a hole, I only talk to him when he needs something from me and when I absolutely have no choice and need something from him. Yeah it means I get douched on from time to time but no confrontations and often very little contact.

Course your situation is different but trying to see eye to eye with someone who is clearly deranged is not a great idea. It's in your best interest to start setting boundaries with him but you have to be clear and stern. People like to take advantage, if you give them a little they'll take a lot. You can't give him anything. It's not healthy to indulge his delusions. The very act of even letting him tell you about these conspiracies only furthers this.

You need to have a talk with him, not an argument. Hell, even a letter if you're not sure you'll be able to contain yourself. Then again, your bro obviously has some issues so communication may not work on him in which case you really need to just try and stay out of his way as much as possible, be polite and courteous but remove yourself from the equation.

True enough man, but when you're living with someone you've got to keep the peace, make it work. I

freaking out because I'm gonna be in desmoines day after tommarrow.

You should take a drive down to Ames and go shopping for Slurpees and Big Gulps. You never know who you might meet! :p

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've returned home from my nerd contest. I had a lot of fun and made a snow angel which left me wet for the rest of the trip home.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I'm on spring break this week and I'm very bored. If I can't find something to do, this will be a very long week.

I flew back from PAX. I hate flying.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I had a lot of fun and made a snow angel which left me wet for the rest of the trip home.

That must have been some snow angel.

*ahem*

Anyway, sorry to hear your troubles Archie. I was back visiting the old town this weekend, and I decided to break the habit of a lifetime and simply run away from the problem of me and my brother. It was splendid. I had lunch with a very attractive ex of mine, took my stepdad to a burlesque show (which he enjoyed as much as was justified by the quality), and got a lot of work done. the moral of this tale is that you should make a staged withdrawal.

However, I know from last year how the more stressed I got the more I wanted a cold beer, and was up for swinging my fists (mental usually). So I won't think any less of you if you don't do as I suggest. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I had a lot of fun and made a snow angel which left me wet for the rest of the trip home.

That must have been some snow angel.

Oh, you have no idea. :lol:

We're getting some good rain here. Rain is the part of the Pacific Northwest.

We're getting some good rain here. Rain is the part of the Pacific Northwest.

did that get you wet as well? :lol:

last night i went to a friend's for dinner and we ended up finding a massive wolf spider to scare the crap outta their flatmates with :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

freaking out because I'm gonna be in desmoines day after tommarrow.

You should take a drive down to Ames and go shopping for Slurpees and Big Gulps. You never know who you might meet! :lol:

Actually that'd be "up" as Ames is north of DesMoines. Also, I did end up in ames looking at Iowa state, and if I can sell my dad on the idea I might be going there for a degree in Physics (Minor Astronomy).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have woke up at about 12:00 pm and went skiing again. I have skied down from piste3 for 3 or 4 times today. I have not used piste5 as I have strained my lateral tendons of right knee and medial tendons of left knee 2 days ago while I was skiing down from piste5 2 times under a snowy weather. At that day the piste was not smooth and knee height snow was on, however I didn't feel the slight injury until I have come to my restroom maybe because of the activity and cold combination. A little ache was on my knees and that's why I skiied slowly on piste3 today.

I can say that skiing on a massy snow is much easier than skiing on a snow that is icy, a little melted, or is a few days old of age.

It was snowy today again on the piste and I hope this keeps the skiing center open for as long as possible.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

I cannot ski any more. Being a terrible old cripple.

I had an awfully unproductive day, which has left me inexplicably cheerful. Mainly due to my friends.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I had a decent workout today, followed by making an appointment to see about another mortgage. Then I spent the afternoon putting together a crib / bassinet and a swing chair for my niece, who's coming up this weekend. I went to go get a haircut, but the place was packed. Maybe next time.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I have been in Yosemite all week with my school, and I just now got a chance to stop at a wifi hotspot and check my emails. The world is pretty much the same.

We did have a fright a couple days ago. We were hiking up a steep trail called yosemite falls. It was raining, and we were about 3 miles up. There was a rockfall, and two students were hit by softball sized rocks. Search and rescue came up and helped us get them back down. Luckily they were just scraped up and got back outside the next day with a few bruises.