What you did today

Gorth

I also favour the rage at inanimate objects.
After spending more than I'd like to admit replacing doors, keyboard and mouse sets, tennis racqets, a PC screen and a motherboard, a Game Boy and probably more stuff I'm forgetting, I recommend taking deep breaths instead. Not quite as satisfying perhaps, but significantly cheaper.

I recall learning a combined lesson that XBOX360 controllers were wireless and patio doors were expensive.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I also favour the rage at inanimate objects.
After spending more than I'd like to admit replacing doors, keyboard and mouse sets, tennis racqets, a PC screen and a motherboard, a Game Boy and probably more stuff I'm forgetting, I recommend taking deep breaths instead. Not quite as satisfying perhaps, but significantly cheaper.

When made angry - which is admittedly rare - I have to cause damage to something. I would rather take it out on a

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got yelled at at work on sunday for being a tad bit of a jerk to some customers... because I was doing things like "Sorry, gotta flick this off, we're closed" and then shutting off the demo units/open sign while somebody was playing... 10 minutes after we closed. We close at six on sunday, it was pokemon release day (yay... :aiee: ) and we're trying to get customers out of the place as fast as we can but people JUST KEPT COMING IN(!). We finally got everyone out after I started guarding the door at 6:20.

Fortunatly the Store manager (the guy who told me off was assistant) told me today that I'm allowed to do that, I could have used more tact, but after the store technically closes you get more leeway.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yelled at for doing your job? I hate it when that happens.

well, one of the customers did kinda cry about it the fact that I shut the demo unit on her husband, but then she was taking advantage of our trade in policy and was an all around angry person. The asst manager (who yelled at me) cares more about keeping customers happy than overall business which can be both good and bad. Yes, we want people to have a good experiance, but we also need em to follow the rules about purchases and our hours...

Bought some bits and pieces (a print, sketchbooks and a resin statue) from Clyde Caldwells website. I know you can't really judge a person by exhanging a few brief emails, but I got the impression that he is a nice and very generous person. A positive experience for a first time shopper. Yes, shameless pugging, I know :(

I've always been fascinated by those eye catching book covers that Mr. Caldwell and his colleagues have provided paperback books with over the decades.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

bought tickets for new jersey's annual Bamboozle festival. it's usually a bunch of no-name bands mixed in with a few headliners. only going to see Weezer and Kevin Devine.

I've seen Weezer before. They play a pretty good set live. Hopefully they won't play too much new stuff. Kevin Devine is cool too.

I had my first session with the shrink counsellor today. It was...emotional.

Aside from that, I went to the gym for the first time in forever, and have been spending the evening preparing meals for the week ahead.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

This is my realization for the day:

For something with a mass of 3.02031314

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

bought tickets for new jersey's annual Bamboozle festival. it's usually a bunch of no-name bands mixed in with a few headliners. only going to see Weezer and Kevin Devine.

I've seen Weezer before. They play a pretty good set live. Hopefully they won't play too much new stuff. Kevin Devine is cool too.

I had my first session with the shrink counsellor today. It was...emotional.

Aside from that, I went to the gym for the first time in forever, and have been spending the evening preparing meals for the week ahead.

I saw Weezer last summer on tour with Blink-182 (Weezer blew blink out of the water). Never seen Devine though so that should be fun.

As for the counselor, it was never really my cup of tea but it did wonders for my sister so keep at it!

Ate 30 milligrams of hydrocodone last night, after wife and kid went to sleep. That turned out to be too much to be enjoyable for me and I couldn't fall asleep for a while. Been feeling like **** all day today. I'm gonna have to lay off that **** for a while.

That has always been my problem with drugs - I like them too much, so I end up having to quit(3+ months smoke free, yay!)

R.I.P. Phil Harris, Captain of the Cornealia Marie from the TV show Deadliest Catch.

I've been sick. :ermm:

same here :shifty:

And here...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I saw Weezer last summer on tour with Blink-182 (Weezer blew blink out of the water). Never seen Devine though so that should be fun.

**** yeah Weezer! :)

But didn't Blink 182 disband years ago? I'll take it they got back together fairly recently... As for their music, ehhh I like a few of their songs but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Played a round of golf. I'm still not even remotely good, but I improved. I cut 8 strokes off my last score.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I've been sick. :(

same here :)

And here...

You people are sick!

Had a gardener come and look at my place, preparing a quote for giving it a make over and replant dead trees etc. Stupid shrubbery keeps dying on me because I don't have time for it :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

**** yeah Weezer! :)

But didn't Blink 182 disband years ago? I'll take it they got back together fairly recently... As for their music, ehhh I like a few of their songs but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Got back together last year, so we saw them on their reunion tour.

And here...

You people are sick!

Had a gardener come and look at my place, preparing a quote for giving it a make over and replant dead trees etc. Stupid shrubbery keeps dying on me because I don't have time for it :(

Driplines and faucet timers are your bestest friends

And here...

You people are sick!

Driplines and faucet timers are your bestest friends

They are both going to be part of the quote :)

What the hell is a dripline?

STOP PRESS: I just noticed some joker has changed my class to 'monk'. This is rather too pointed a criticism I think.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What the hell is a dripline?

STOP PRESS: I just noticed some joker has changed my class to 'monk'. This is rather too pointed a criticism I think.

Ok, in your mind take a standard hose, now add some small hose branches off of it that have small holes that'll let water at at a very low pressure (at a drip). That's it, easily adjustable and low water usage. My mom (horticulture department head at a community college) loves em because they water her plants without losing much of the water to the wind and can go long distances. Our potted plants still need to be watered manually but the ones that are in the ground are either watered by a dripline or specifically chosen because they like the climate we're in. Our lines in the back yard are on a water timer that's attached to our faucet (usually the faucets have splitters on em too).

or specifically chosen because they like the climate we're in.

That's what I was going to suggest.

I don't know where in Aussieland Gorth lives, but surely there are some varieties of native bush/shrub/tree/cactus that can thrive without much more than some pruning now and again?