What you did today

Gorth

Wow, that's quite a bitter take on life.

On the side, my daughter's new favorite word is delicious, and she runs around shouting Super Skylar and calling me Super Daddy. I guess my life is officially over.

I'm really hoping for another update from sluggo soon. It's a fairly fascinating evolution watching him become a lady's man.

Ah, Archie. What would we ever do without your never-uninsightful Aussie opinions?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Guest The Architect

Indeed.

Well Hurlshot it was more or less a joke, but hey sometimes that's how it pans out, and I think if anyone finds themselves a great long term girlfriend/wife for themselves then good on 'em, but the whole "must have kids" thing is bull****. Some people are clearly not cut out to be parents. A lot of juvenile delinquent ****heads were probably accidents though. But I for one, certainly don't want to have kids. But hey if you're a good father and your daughter is one of the shining lights of your life then congrats man.

Edited by The Architect

Parted ways with my girl friend. It was friendly and amicable. The truth is I just have no desire to get married again and she has never been and I know thats what she is looking for. New rule, from now on I'm dating divorced women only.

My midlife crisis toy is coming along nicely. I got the engine mounted and drive train fully connected. I still have to put the carburator, radiator and water pump on, then reattach the front end. Lotsa work still to go.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, them relationships can be pretty bittersweet sometimes. I'm gonna see my ex tomorrow. It's been an up and down rollercoaster the past week or so. There's been a couple days where it feels like I'm going to be a mess, and other times when I'm pretty sure we're doing the right thing. The heart takes you where your heart takes you, I guess.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Kor I know this won't make you feel any better, but it was better to have a break up now than after you got married. Divorce just plain sucks.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wow, that's quite a bitter take on life.

On the side, my daughter's new favorite word is delicious, and she runs around shouting Super Skylar and calling me Super Daddy. I guess my life is officially over.

I'm really hoping for another update from sluggo soon. It's a fairly fascinating evolution watching him become a lady's man.

Rofl I'm glad someone is taking an interest but really nothing great has happened between us. In fact if anything its gotten worse. Like 2 days ago we were texting and I saw this vague update on her facebook about how her life just turned to sh- so I asked her about it and she was like oh i dont want to talk about it. And I was like w/e i understand wont force the issue, so then like later that day I get this text "we need to talk" and im like oh jeez im getting dumped but it ended up being about how she found out a bunch of people knew her ex was cheating on her but never told her about it. So then I was like oh man you scared me I thought you were going to dump me and she was like "I thought about it because of this situation..." How that equates I don't know but bullet narrowly dodged. Was going to go for the first kiss tonight but something came up and we didn't see each other so it will have to be moved to tomorrow or the weekend.

I'm really not sure what to do. She causes me such a great deal of stress and I really like her but at the same time there still is no connection there. We literally have nothing in common except for the same major, so we have nothing to talk about. I find I can't be myself around her and basically everything points to I should have never gotten into this in the first place, however, she took an interest in me and right now she's probably the fastest path to getting laid/real relationship so I have to take it even if it's semi-empty.

edit: 2 exams tomorrow. havent even studied for one.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm really not sure what to do. She causes me such a great deal of stress and I really like her but at the same time there still is no connection there.

If the above statement is true what you should do is as easy as can be... stop caring whether the relationship takes off or not. That is not to say treat her badly, and if the oppotunity for a roll in the hay arises, take it. But in your own mind just let it go.

she's probably the fastest path to getting laid/real relationship

Sluggo, if you never listen to another word I write listen to this: Those are two very different things that should not be confused with each other. If all you really want is to get laid, this whole situation is going to be a hell of a lot more trouble than it's worth. Just go to a college bar, find a nice looking but plain wallflower type girl, talk to her, pay attention to her, dance with her, buy her drinks and I can just about guanteee a positive outcome.

If you want the real relationship then stop caring about it and let the chips fall where they msy. You'd be surprised how well it works.

But beware what you wish for.

Thomas Sowell

Slug, I don't know if I'm reading this right, but it's kinda sounding like the woman you're looking at is gonna be high (emotional) maintence. I mean if she's thinking of killing the relationship (before it even really takes off) because of something you had 0 to do with (particularly something like "oh, my friends didn't tell me something about my past relationship") there's probably going to be drama in the future about some little tiny thing that you think nothing of, but she turns it into a small moon.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

... there's probably going to be drama in the future about some little tiny thing that you think nothing of, but she turns it into a small moon.

Isn't that a thing, which every woman does? ;)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Remember what I said a few weks ago, slugland? You don't live on the mountain. Just enjoy being with her, learn everything you can about her by sharing a few life experiences, go to bed as much as possible, and whenever you aren't doing that, change the rules slightly. Easy to say, harder to do. But I'm sure with your natural quirkiness you'll do splendidly.

My back is still wrecked. I'm on ibuprofen properly for the first time in my life. I never usually take painkillers except occasionally if I have to work through a hangover.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

don't stress out sluggy - just take it easy and see what happens

i made some plans last night to go caving in the next few weeks.

also planning on saving up to go skydiving for a friend's birthday in may

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

right now she's probably the fastest path to getting laid/real relationship so I have to take it even if it's semi-empty.

And to think the other day I spoke about the male-dominated gaming landscape, using Dragon Age as example as it grants Achievements to players who have sex with female characters.

Screw that, they know consumers better than I thought!

Chatted a friend out of his depression temporarily. We always end up giggling like madmen, talking about crazy visions of things.

Listened to the whole Bronson soundtrack and loved it for the first time. You know how that happens? You listen to something ten times, then you finally get it? Anyway, I decided to look up some Bronson trivia and found this fantastic interview with Tom Hardy about him talking to Bronson on the phone.

, even if the language is what you'd expect from a lifetime criminal.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I spent the day trying to look busy at work. I set my cell phone alarm to use my ring tone and I had it going off all day today. When I got home I worked on the Camaro for a bit.

Thomas Sowell

i need to rewind to last night to see how the hell i managed it

so there's this girl from overseas i've known for a couple of months and quite like

i never did anything about it as i know she's leaving in like 2 days

so last night i meet up with her for a coffee thinking it'd be the last time i ever see her

woke up in bed with her this morning, and apparently we're spending what time she has left in the country together

what did i do?! i must take notes!

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Lol, I wrote in to an advice columnist and she actually replied. Weird. I wonder if it will be in our local paper?

Hmm... I think you just betrayed everyone on this thread. Shame on you, Kor. Shame on you.

Yeah. I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

i need to rewind to last night to see how the hell i managed it

so there's this girl from overseas i've known for a couple of months and quite like

i never did anything about it as i know she's leaving in like 2 days

so last night i meet up with her for a coffee thinking it'd be the last time i ever see her

woke up in bed with her this morning, and apparently we're spending what time she has left in the country together

Man, it must be tough having these problems. If you ever wrote a book I'd buy it.

Thomas Sowell

Lol, I wrote in to an advice columnist and she actually replied. Weird. I wonder if it will be in our local paper?

Hmm... I think you just betrayed everyone on this thread. Shame on you, Kor. Shame on you.

How so, Kiro? I needed advice from someone with no knowledge of my situation. Honestly, I don't really have anyone to talk to about this. My friends all told me to leave her ages ago, so no point in complaining to them. It's not fair for my parents to have to deal with their 36 year old sons emotional issues. And spending most of my free time with her and her kids has pretty much isolated me from my friends. An anonymous advice column really seemed like the way to go.

If I offended you, or any other board member by actually trying to get some help, I'm sorry. Although I'm not sure I should be.

If its any consolation, Kiro, she read it today splattered across the back page of the first section of our local paper. She is deservedly pissed at me and probably won't talk to me again. I don't blame her, but I don't feel the need to explain it to her since she won't listen anyway. I can admit I'm not in a great place right now, and I did what I thought I needed to do to feel better. Even though I did, my intentions were not to hurt her.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.