What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

After more than 4 months waiting for a warranty refund, I finally lost patience with Samsung. Sending them a letter with registered mail with my account info and a 7 day deadline to pay up, then I'll file a claim form at the Magistrate Court and drag them through a legal process. Bloody wankers that they are

Well, we went from nachos to bad things. Bad things happening with my grandfather's side of the family. I think that without some kind of intervention from my grandfather, things could get much worse.

Sounds bad? Family not getting along?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm still sleeping in when I shouldn't be doing it, guess I'm just tired after my finals.

Stumbled to Akihabara to check import game prices and spotted two stores I will definitely use in my future as they were selling the games below the market price, even cheaper than the used games stores sell them for. Some import stores have ridiculous prices - one of them was selling Modern Warfare 2 for 12.000 yen! Also had some nice d

I'm still sleeping in when I shouldn't be doing it,

I stayed up until 0700 playing KOTOR II as an homage to my student days! :lol: Great fun, until I realised I'd accidentally turned the difficulty to easy. i wans't just becoming awesome at the game! :p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sounds bad? Family not getting along?

Nope. The very short version is that my retarded aunt was evicted by her sister, and apparently my grandpa told the evicting sister he was wealthy (which he is but that's beside the point.). Now they're asking for a bunch of his money to help her when they already get about $2000 from the government every month which is more than enough to pay for everything she needs. But they are taking the money and using it to pay for their own needs.

Edited by awsomeness

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

i haven't done anything overly interesting

more parties on the weekend, exhausted days at work etc

but at least my back isn't so twisted and knotted and ****ed up anymore - i got given a massage at the party

there are also new musical plans. i need to borrow an acoustic bass and start singing again, as we only have just over a month to put the plan into practice

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Taylor Swift makes my ears bleed.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Crap, double post.

Also, they just ruined two of my favorite songs of recent memory by bleeping out half of them. **** you, Grammys.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Today I sent an email to my manager explaining all the reasons why I think the incident management system we use (LANDesk) was coded by 14 year olds.

Number one on that list is the fact that the software sends a new database query for every single change you make to any of the interactive fields. Want to put in a username to log the job under? Database query! Want to change that username? Database query! Want to search all jobs by user? Database query! Want to sort the list in alphabetical order? ANOTHER DATABASE QUERY. It's like the idea of caching the data set client-side and manipulating it there is completely foreign. THIS DATA IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE EVERY SECOND. Consequently, as users of this software on an enterprise level, we experience massive slowdown and latency when logging jobs, opening jobs, adding notes to jobs, anything. And by 'massive' slowdown, I've counted mini-freezes in the software of up to a minute just to change a username or escalation category (which hints to me that the database used is also poorly built), which is completely unacceptable when you have to meet SLAs on calls with other departmants.

And to top it off, some genius had the bright idea of coding the ****ing programme in .NET. :lol:

Edited by Krezack

Today I came to the sad conclusion that my laptop might be dying - if I cannot find out why and rectify the issue, then I might have to replace it before I finish the desktop I'm working on (I need the laptop for school). Sigh... Still, if I do get a new one I'll likely get something better than what I have now, so that might not such a bad thing afterall. :(

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Wednesday I make my last stand. I pull the pin on the love grenade and hope to jesus there's an explosion of hot sensual lust. Or I get rejected and then I go cry and touch myself in my vehicle while eating my sandwich between classes.

Going to the gym. Going to put up 200. No one can stop me.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Can't edit earlier post.

I couldn't be stopped. I benched 205 3 and a half times, friend had to help me the rest of the way on 4 but I'm pretty pleased. I ramped up 20 pounds for it instead of a more gradual ascent but I honestly could have thrown on 5's and probably done 2-3 reps after. I'm not really looking to go much farther than this right now. I want to get to 225, which all the big black guys do, because it'll likely mean I have the strength to bench my body weight 10 times which has been my goal from the start. Sadly, I've been severely neglecting my squat (because my friend never wants to do it) and its hard just to do my warm up set.

Wednesday is shaping up to be a big day, some might even say....massive?!?! 7 hours of school, exam, girl+heart on the line thing, gym and then the pi

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I know I'm bad and wrong, but I can't help thinking how terribly pretty she is. But I agree her music is awful.

I've decided to install steel floors. Well, not really, but it would be cool.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I know I'm bad and wrong, but I can't help thinking how terribly pretty she is. But I agree her music is awful.

On a Modernist kick huh? First the business cards and now the floor.

Edited by Gfted1

You know whats nice. Leather floors, with just a small ammount of padding underneath. Not cheap though.

That sounds like the worst idea ever for flooring material. Easily stained/punctured/cut, wouldnt last five munites in my household but I can appreciate that it would look good.

On a Modernist kick huh? First the business cards and now the floor.

I find steel comforting. It's why I wanted to join the tanks.

-Elwood Blues

I don't know who she is, but I googled her and I must say you are correct.

EDIT: Holy hell, her music does make the ears bleed. She's like Avril Lavigne for people who don't like the manufactured rock chick shtick.

Have two weeks vacation time before I got back to school for exam projects. Yay! Slept a lot and am now watching Eddie Izzard shows.

Edited by TrueNeutral

:wacko::lol:

Kanye, is that you?

Hey yo Grammys, I'm really happy for you, and I'ma (the only time in my life I'll use that particular phrase) let you finish, but the Super Bowl had one of the best televised fails of all time! Of all time!

A good morning so far with plenty of work done, so fully charged I went back and re read the break up letter I had from my ex of last year. It's something I'd been meaning to do largely because I don't like not doing things for emotional reasons, and I hadn't been able to face it. All was as I remembered, and just as mad as ever. Lots of typical woman stuff about how complete accidents proved I didn't really love her*. But as if this wasn't enough to maintain my faith it was for the best I noticed something new... the entire thing was written in comic sans font. No one has EVER used comic sans to good effect. Ever.

*For example, my phone broke at New Year's which is no-one's fault but Sony. This proved I didn't want to be with her. Apparently.

-Elwood Blues

Women. I'm glad I finally picked up a good one because they sure were killing me.

Also, people send me stuff in Comic Sans or Papyrus all the time because they know I hate them. Haha.

I recently came to the conclusion (which I may have already mentioned) that to me women are as mountains to a mountain climber. One loves them, one strives for them, one will go to tremendous lengths to be near them. But the mountain climber does not live on a mountain.

-Elwood Blues