LOST season six

Kor Qel Droma

I'm ignoring all the mythology stuff(because it kind of sucked), this time it really was "all about the characters" and they did that really well. It reminded me of the Angel episode where they tie up everything in one episode to get Angelus.

Really loved seeing Shannon, Boone, Juliet and everyone else again.

EDIT: They totally missed an opportunity to make the Island a spaceship when Desmond pulled the plug and everything started shaking...

Edited by Purkake

I can see where anyone who is anti-religion is going to hate the ending, but it is a fantasy show, so get over it.

I thought it was great, the whole shebang. I really liked the way they didn't end it totally. You've got Ben and Hurly running the island, you've got a bunch of folks making it back home. The ones who didn't make it found each other in the alternate reality.

I teared up three times. Jin and Sun of course got me, that was the best romance. Charlie and Claire also got me, which I was surprised by given my meh-ness towards Charlie. Sawyer and Juliet was pretty great too.

It's less of an anti-religion thing and more of a plot handwaving thing, kind of like BSG but less so.

Yes, they tied up the characters really nicely, but all the plot and answers business went out the window as a result.

I can see where anyone who is anti-religion is going to hate the ending, but it is a fantasy show, so get over it.

I thought it was great, the whole shebang. I really liked the way they didn't end it totally. You've got Ben and Hurly running the island, you've got a bunch of folks making it back home. The ones who didn't make it found each other in the alternate reality.

I teared up three times. Jin and Sun of course got me, that was the best romance. Charlie and Claire also got me, which I was surprised by given my meh-ness towards Charlie. Sawyer and Juliet was pretty great too.

I completely agree with you. Even though I still don't understand everything(and I somehow don't even care that much) I thought it was great.

Edited by Beast

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

Zoroastrian?

Seemed vaguely Buddhist to me (Jacob: "It only ends once, everything else is progress"; the losties all get reincarnated into similar lives until they are (re)awakened at which point they step off the Bhavacakra together at a predesignated place)

I guess Gnosticism was influenced by Zoroastrianism. But basically the reference to Jacob and the MiB being twins, one good, one evil. Then they go on about Jacob being the Demiurge, the flawed yet good intentioned being of which everything is attributed to. They called it the Gnostic Wet Fart Ending.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Found this on Bad Robot, is supposidly an explanation from someone on the show, it is a great read and explains a hell of a lot:

First ...

The Island:

It was real. Everything that happened on the island that we saw throughout the 6 seasons was real. Forget the final image of the plane crash, it was put in purposely to f*&k with people's heads and show how far the show had come. They really crashed. They really survived. They really discovered Dharma and the Others. The Island keeps the balance of good and evil in the world. It always has and always will perform that role. And the Island will always need a "Protector". Jacob wasn't the first, Hurley won't be the last. However, Jacob had to deal with a malevolent force (MIB) that his mother, nor Hurley had to deal with. He created the devil and had to find a way to kill him

I wonder how the people on the Ajira plane are going to explain where they come from.

"Hey remember us? We're the people who crashed 3 years ago, then returned, then took another plane all together and crashed again, and now we're back again thanks to the runway that just happened to be on the island, and oh yeah, we brought some survivors from the first crash with us, of whom we originally claimed they were dead btw."

Edited by Pope

Zoroastrian?

Seemed vaguely Buddhist to me (Jacob: "It only ends once, everything else is progress"; the losties all get reincarnated into similar lives until they are (re)awakened at which point they step off the Bhavacakra together at a predesignated place)

I guess Gnosticism was influenced by Zoroastrianism. But basically the reference to Jacob and the MiB being twins, one good, one evil. Then they go on about Jacob being the Demiurge, the flawed yet good intentioned being of which everything is attributed to. They called it the Gnostic Wet Fart Ending.

Can't say I agree; I don't really think Jacob is the cause of everything. He's another link in the chain of connections that bind the group together. And arguably Jacob can be seen as just as evil as MiB.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Not my idea, but the show is a surprisingly apt analog for the final episode, you either let go and accept that LOST(and life) doesn't have any straight answers and find peace or keep hanging on fruitlessly looking for answers that aren't there.

Not trying to excuse the ending, but it is a pretty interesting thought.

I also like how you have Hurley replacing Jacob, and Ben basically fills the role of Smokey. So you still have the light and dark representation on the island.

What was with the shoe attached to the bamboo stalk at the end there?

I also like how you have Hurley replacing Jacob, and Ben basically fills the role of Smokey. So you still have the light and dark representation on the island.

I'm seeing Ben more as the new Alpert than the new Smokey. If anyone could be a new Smokey, it should be Jack (although not necessarily with the same motivations).

The shoe was Christian's, it dates back from the Pilot episode.

edit: speaking of Alpert, has that guy actually done anything of importance during the entire show?

Edited by Pope

I think it has been there since the first episode. Jack died in the very same place he woke up in the first episode, I think.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Just saw it. Nice ending. Heart-warming and fuzzy.

Still don't understand a damn thing, but then I knew I never would after

they ended up in the sixties..

Oh well, grabbing the last two episodes of '24'.

J.

I'm seeing Ben more as the new Alpert than the new Smokey. If anyone could be a new Smokey, it should be Jack (although not necessarily with the same motivations).

Agreed. It was obvious that Ben was the new Alpert.

I meant more from a light/dark perspective than any physical powers. Hurly is the good guy, while Ben is very willing to do whatever it takes. Alpert never seemed to do much of anything, so I don't see Ben as that guy. I definitely don't see Ben being an intermediary for Hurly.

I meant more from a light/dark perspective than any physical powers. Hurly is the good guy, while Ben is very willing to do whatever it takes. Alpert never seemed to do much of anything, so I don't see Ben as that guy. I definitely don't see Ben being an intermediary for Hurly.

Richard was pretty dark when he first appeared. When he was with Ethan recruiting Juliet. Manipulating Locke in trying to get his father killed. Locke couldn't kill his father so Alpert gave him a file and through reading that file, Locke was able to manipulate Sawyer to kill his father. Alpert was also involved in the purge of the Dharma Initiative. Ben is exactly like Alpert and Ben turned into a good guy at the end just like Alpert did and I'm sure Hugo would have kept Ben in his place, whereas Jacob was manipulative and manipulated Alpert to do anything he wanted. For me, Ben under Hugo would be more of a good guy than Alpert under Jacob.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

The reason there was a "dark" that needed to be stopped was because Jacob wanted to punish his brother with a fate worse than death for killing C.J. Cregg. C.J. smashed in the head of a woman so she could steal her freshly baked twins and mold them into the next guardian. How the island's protector goes about stopping folks from getting into Pandora's knickers depends on who has the job, and neither mother or son were shining beacons of light.

That's cute.

Especially when we look at the fact that in season one the creators said they were going for Sci-Fi grounded in real world science. :(

That's cute.

Especially when we look at the fact that in season one the creators said they were going for Sci-Fi grounded in real world science. :(

Really? I'm pretty sure that went out the window when they physically moved the island. There is a magical smoke monster as well that seems a little bit of a stretch for sci-fi.