LOST season six

Kor Qel Droma

Wasn't the whole pregnancy issue because of the Losties detonating Jughead back in 1977?

No, the pregnancy problem was there with the Dharma Initiative before Jughead was detonated and presumably from the beginning of time on the Island. I put it down to having something to do with the island itself. It can give and take life.

Was it? Wasn't Ethan Rom born on the island, and his mother survived?

We know that the Dharma Initiative could get on and off the island pretty easily, so we don't actually know if Horace and Amy conceived Ethan on the island or off the island - Juliet seemed to think this was an important distinction (and Alex and Aaron so conceived and their mothers all survived the childbirths). I don't think anything we know allows a conclusion one way or the other.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

so we don't actually know if Horace and Amy conceived Ethan on the island or off the island

That's the important part of the whole pregancy issue. If you were conceived off island, you could be born on the island. eg. Jacob, MIB, Aaron, Alex, etc. If you were conceived on the island, you would die. We've never seen anyone conceived and born on the island. Something the island does in the first tri-mester, maybe the electromagnetism or some other 'magic' affects the foetus.

Wasn't the whole pregnancy issue because of the Losties detonating Jughead back in 1977?

No, the pregnancy problem was there with the Dharma Initiative before Jughead was detonated and presumably from the beginning of time on the Island. I put it down to having something to do with the island itself. It can give and take life.

Maybe putting the bomb so close to the electromagnetic anomaly caused the bomb's effects to resonate through the whole timestream, possibly irradiating the island from the very beginning?

:-

Oh and check out these

trailers for season 1. The time when LOST was still full on endless potential and no one really knew what the hell was going on. Edited by Purkake

What IS the island? Why can't anyone see it?

What IS this electromagnetic energy?

How was the Dharma Initiative gonna harness/use it? For what?

Why does a guy turn into smoke when he's pushed into a glowing cave?

Are we supposed to look for the answer in the Bible? Is the whole thing some

good vs. evil Bible-analogy?

I should stick to '24'.. :blink:

J.

What IS the island? Why can't anyone see it?

The island is an island. What do you think it is? A giant turtle that moves around and the losties are on it's shell? The reason why people can't see it is is because it's out of phase with the rest of the timeline. When you go to and leave the island, the time is different. This was shown in Season 4 between the boat Michael was on and the island. And you can only go to the island on a specific bearing. Otherwise you don't see it.

What IS this electromagnetic energy?

Presumably, it's from the glowing cave. MIB found the source of the cave through a wall.

How was the Dharma Initiative gonna harness/use it? For what?

Experiments. The Dharma Initiative worked out you could do things like time travel.

Why does a guy turn into smoke when he's pushed into a glowing cave?

Why does the Master from the Doctor Who series turn mad and evil when he looks into something when other time lords who do the same don't? Just because. Dr Who fans accept this without question. There's no special meaning, it's just because. Probably about the best analogy I can think of. That's TV for you.

Are we supposed to look for the answer in the Bible? Is the whole thing some

good vs. evil Bible-analogy?

No.

I should stick to '24'.. :lol:

J.

Yes you should. :)

so we don't actually know if Horace and Amy conceived Ethan on the island or off the island

That's the important part of the whole pregancy issue. If you were conceived off island, you could be born on the island. eg. Jacob, MIB, Aaron, Alex, etc. If you were conceived on the island, you would die. We've never seen anyone conceived and born on the island. Something the island does in the first tri-mester, maybe the electromagnetism or some other 'magic' affects the foetus.

We have seen someone conceived ON the island and born OFF of it though.

Sun and Jin's daughter.

I finally caught up on my episodes of LOST, looking forward to the finale. I was a little bummed that the pilot guy had a super weak death, but what are you gonna do. I loved the Ana Lucia bad cop cameo. Everyone's life is way better in the alternate reality, crazy.

Well, that was an ending. From what I've read in this thread, I think a few of you aren't going to be happy with it.

Me, myself, quite enjoyed it. Instead of spending two and a half hours getting answers to questions from the past, it focused on the here and now for the characters we've watched grow for six years.

And, since it is LOST, you're still left scratching your head. That's probably how it should be.

It's been an interesting ride, that's for sure.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Enjoyed the end. It totally was not what I expected and yet it fit entirely with the show.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Enjoyed the end. It totally was not what I expected and yet it fit entirely with the show.

That pretty much sums up my feelings.

I'm VERY glad it wasn't a "here are your answers"-fest.

And it raised more questions. >_<

Also: Team Richard/Frank/Miles FTW!

I thought it was fantastic until Jack got to the church. Then it was just a downward spiral of crap. None of the major mysteries are revealed, nothing. It was just stupid. Boo to the creators. I can't believe they planned that garbage ending three years ago and in all the time since couldn't figure out how terrible it was.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

CHUD basically dismissed it as a mish mash of Zoroastrian and Gnostic mythology set to a contemporary backdrop. Which seems pretty accurate.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Zoroastrian?

Seemed vaguely Buddhist to me (Jacob: "It only ends once, everything else is progress"; the losties all get reincarnated into similar lives until they are (re)awakened at which point they step off the Bhavacakra together at a predesignated place)