LOST season six

Kor Qel Droma

I don't think they're going to change their whole setup this far into the game.

My prediction is that it will end with Jack and Locke sitting at the beach like Jacob and MiB in the flashback.

I agree. I've watched the entire Series recently and it seems it's always been about Jack and Locke throughout. At the end, they'll probably be on the beach playing a game of backgammon.

I predict Jack and Desmond - there's always been a tie there. He and Jack had met BEFORE the island.

Desmond's "special" - but... what if he's not meant to beat Smokie, but either usurp or contain him? :)

I think it would've been better if they had both been blasted by the sonic pilons upon running towards each other in the previous episode. Dramatic reunion ftw.

lol :lol:

That was my first thought when that scene started to play out.

The "when you grow up you can make your own rules and make everyone play by them" made me chuckle. I think it was really confusing episode. Just too many new questions now.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I agree. Just what 'is' the mother ? Is she a smokey humanfied ? How did "Mother" take out all those villages and bury whatever was down the well. Was she able to turn into "Smokey" aswell ? I suspect she could. She probably went into the light previously which is why she told Jacob never to do it. She probably didn't want either of them to become so powerful. And he stabbed her before she could talk to him. Hence he was able to kill her!? I'm assuming the temple was built over the hole that his mother showed him. Which is maybe the spring in the temple?

I'm not seeing that Jacob's twin is the big bad. The mother murdered innocent people. Jacob murdered his brother because of the mother's death. The brother killed the mother because of her murderous rampage, so why is he the big bad? All very confusing.

I don't quite understand how anybody in that era would have figured out that spinning a wheel in the pocket of electromagnetism would allow them to leave the island. I dunno maybe there's always been Alchemy of sorts through history which could explain it.

A few things...

"Mother" was obviously the previous guardian (i.e. like Jacob) - let's not assume she's a smoke monster just because she's a mass murdering maniac. Just because Jacob didn't show any super powers except immortality and the ability to grant it didn't mean he didn't have any. The same would apply to his mother too. ;)

Also - note the "ritual" she used to transfer... or maybe "share" guardianship? That's the same thing Jacob did with Richard... I wonder if there's something Richard isn't telling us.... or maybe something he doesn't even know. :)

As for the black/white/good/evil thing... I'm starting to think Smokie isn't the "bad guy" in this. Jacob keeps him on the island, keeps bringing people there to die, keeps messing with people's lives... :ermm:

As for the wheel thing... that was a bit weak, but keep in mind, the people there had 30 years to play with things, and obviously approached it from a mystical, rather than scientific POV... which the "rules of lost" seem to favor...

Since "Mother" destroyed everything/one before it could be built, I guess it was built by people jacob brought to the island.. odd.

Oh yeah, one more thing... about MiB being able to kill the mother before she talked... keep in mind... Smokie told Richard to do the same thing to Jacob... so...