Summoner

Sargoth

THis is a great game I played a few years back and still play from now and again. Its probably one of my favorite all time RPG's.

its an outdated game now, but still fun to play. And I really loved the combat of the game. You could choose to let the character just fight out the battle for you or try to click accurate enough to dodge/evade/attack/powerattack without much use of skillbased icons. Although you had icons for the magic spells

Summoner on Wikipedia

It had a sequel, but was only released on PS2 and probably doomed it the series. I've never played the sequel....

How many of you have played it? and what are your thoughts on the game? Played the sequel? any thoughts on that?

Edited by Sargoth
sargothsigcopy.jpg

Never played it. I think I vaguely remember when it came out a long time ago.

What is it? An FPS?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I might be thinking of some different game though.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I might be thinking of some different game though.

Looking at the links provided might be helpful...

*shrugs*

Wasn't that interested in clicking a link and reading. More just making conversation.

You could at least look at the pictures.

I could, yes, but I was more interested in engaging in dialogue with the OP or anyone else who wanted to answer the question and talk about the game.

generally, I prefer that interaction to going off and clicking a youtube or wikipedia link. :shifty:

Wasn't that interested in clicking a link and reading. More just making conversation.
What is it? An FPS?
No.

: P

Awesome. I love charades.

Is it bigger than a breadbox?

Y'know, I played the demo 9 years ago, but I've no idea what it was about.

Is that what we've come to? This isn't a chat room.
HA! Look who's talking! Edited by Oner

So you generally prefer making irrelevant comments instead of contributing to an intelligent conversation.

Wait, what?

I asked for more info about the game mentioned in the OP by the OP. What's wrong with that?

if I start a thread on Jagged Alliance 2 and its awesomness and someone says, "Hey, what's JAgged Alliance 2?" I would enjoy discussing it with them since I probably wouldn't have made a thread if I wasn't interested in discussing the game.

oh, but I just ignored the comment, hoping other people would do to. But I clearly see FAIL here

Who failed where? I'm totally confused at this point.

So you generally prefer making irrelevant comments instead of contributing to an intelligent conversation.

Wait, what?

I asked for more info about the game mentioned in the OP by the OP. What's wrong with that?

if I start a thread on Jagged Alliance 2 and its awesomness and someone says, "Hey, what's JAgged Alliance 2?" I would enjoy discussing it with them since I probably wouldn't have made a thread if I wasn't interested in discussing the game.

Again, this isn't a chat room. If you want more info, go check the wikipedia link instead of spamming the forum.

As for the game, never heard of it.

Wait, what?

Again, this isn't a chat room. If you want more info, go check the wikipedia link instead of spamming the forum.

I can't tell if you're being serious.

So then...why are you here exactly?

To become the biggest spammer in the Obsidian Forum Community. Isn't it obvious?

Anyway, I remember playing a demo of the game a bazillion years ago and finding it completely uninteresting.

To call Slowtrain out on his crap.

That's my job.

Edited by Hell Kitty

To become the biggest spammer in the Obsidian Forum Community. Isn't it obvious?
It was a poetic question.

To call Slowtrain out on his crap.To spam the topic with hypocrisy.
Thought as much.

That's my job.

It's true. He used to keep me in a well and only feed me once a day.