Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Humodour

Oh, btw, Arkane also has an Austin studio, led by Harvey Smith (Lead designer of Deus Ex), He's working right now on an immersive FPS-RPG.

This = double win!

I have my, let's say, doubts about that thing. This announcement is nearly two years old, at a time The Crossing was still set to be released. Isn't that project the one they shafted for lack of a publisher??? Plus I'm not sure that the two studios, the french and the american one, are independant, they both work on the same thing...

Edited by Sannom

Again, nobody knows. They could work together on one project, or two seperately.

We only know the The Crossing is "on hold", and that Arkane lately contributed to Bioshock 2. We also know from a recent Raphael Colantonio interview that they're hard at work on an immersive FPS/RPg whatever thingy, and that the publisher is very supportive. That's all.

Edited by Morgoth

http://www.arkane-studios.fr/uk/jobs.php

"We currently have two AAA unannounced titles in development (PS3, Xbox 360 and PC)"

"- Creation of 3D objects (setting elements, architecture elements...) and their integration in the game levels (using Unreal Editor)."

"- Relevant experience with Unreal is prefered."

Oh funroc, you got me there.

Taking a look here and there at the official homepage can't hurt. :aiee:

Oh, btw, Arkane also has an Austin studio, led by Harvey Smith (Lead designer of Deus Ex), He's working right now on an immersive FPS-RPG.

This = double win!

Harvey Smith is one of the main reasons Deus Ex 2 was so ****ed up (all he cared about was streamlining it to the point it was just a slightly interactive novel or movie). This is not win at all.

Arkane recently obtained the licence for Arx Fatalis off JoWood, though it could be related to simply to them putting it onto GoG rather than being a potential sequel.

This announcement is nearly two years old, at a time The Crossing was still set to be released. Isn't that project the one they shafted for lack of a publisher??? Plus I'm not sure that the two studios, the french and the american one, are independant, they both work on the same thing...

The game he was talking about was not The Crossing, and was on a contract for EA, reviving an old IP that was well known and regarded but not a stellar seller.

This = double win!

Harvey Smith is one of the main reasons Deus Ex 2 was so ****ed up (all he cared about was streamlining it to the point it was just a slightly interactive novel or movie). This is not win at all.

He also played an important role in the original, and I'm sure the sequel taught him a few lessons on what not to do. With that in mind I'm certainly interested in learning more about the game he's working on.

This = double win!

He also played an important role in the original, and I'm sure the sequel taught him a few lessons on what not to do. With that in mind I'm certainly interested in learning more about the game he's working on.

Fair point. A categorical 'meh' from me then.

Not to mention, Deus Ex 2 was a very decent game. It just didn't live up to the original.

eh, no, it goes beyond that.

It didn't even live up to what we were told it would be.

I actually finished it twice, so I can't say its a horrible game, but pretty stunningly underwhelming given its legacy.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Not to mention, Deus Ex 2 was a very decent game. It just didn't live up to the original.

I actually finished it twice, so I can't say its a horrible game, but pretty stunningly underwhelming given its legacy.

That's basically what I was trying to say. Taken as an independent game, it is a solid effort. But I get what you mean, it was marketed as one thing and arrived as another. And it also wasn't just like they ran out of time or failed to execute, they seemed to make purposeful choices that turned it away from the original.

That's basically what I was trying to say. Taken as an independent game, it is a solid effort. But I get what you mean, it was marketed as one thing and arrived as another. And it also wasn't just like they ran out of time or failed to execute, they seemed to make purposeful choices that turned it away from the original.

Yes, I think we are both saying roughly the same thing.

once I got over my initial extreme disappointment, there was a reasonable game to be found there.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Xana can possess me any day, hurr hurr hurr.

+1

I had a bit of a soft spot for that game when it came out. Maybe it's just my perverse attachment to kicking/throwing people off of high places, which also made Assassin's Creed a joy.

You did a walkthrough for it on Gamespot too, unless it's a different Matthew Rorie.

Nope, that was me. I did those for them for a few years. Too bad most of them have broken navigation now.

Matthew Rorie

I liked it. It was a nice change from the clickclack of NWN and other skillbased systems. clickfestSkillbased rpg's should be burned and buried six feet under. Why did noone ever copy the summoner fighting and made improvments to that

sargothsigcopy.jpg

In Chapter 8 and nearly done with the game - pretty short, but I think it's the right length to explore and have fun with their mechanics and end it before it gets boring. My character is appallingly built and I'm just as bad, but I'm getting by on Normal and having fun. Switched from a never-be-seen Thief ninja to a run and gun daggerman with a kick fetish, the mountaintop orc stronghold was great.

Going to go with Crysis next? Or has this bit of action-gaming sated your action lust?