Questions, questions

Instead of starting a thread for every question you have, post them here.

Also, try not to spam the forum.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Question! ,o/

Will AP follow ancient RPG tradition by having the bad guy run away from you before the boss fight into a totally random "dungeon" filled with for-various-reasons-takes-long-to-kill enemies instead of putting up a proper fight right there, all the while (or, despite that) mission control (and the game in general) makes a pathetic attempt to make you feel like giving chase is urgent? You know we love, nay, worship ****ty filler **** that drags out the final ten minutes into an hour for no reason and completely needlessly.

I reached the thieves' maze in BG.

Question! ,o/

Will AP follow ancient RPG tradition by having the bad guy run away from you before the boss fight into a totally random "dungeon" filled with for-various-reasons-takes-long-to-kill enemies instead of putting up a proper fight right there, all the while (or, despite that) mission control (and the game in general) makes a pathetic attempt to make you feel like giving chase is urgent? You know we love, nay, worship ****ty filler **** that drags out the final ten minutes into an hour for no reason and completely needlessly.

I reached the thieves' maze in BG.

I endorse this question whole-heartedly.

Almost as good (bad) as when you beat the snot out of the main villain, having him crawling on his knees, bleeding satisfactorily to death before you eyes, just to have the game tell you that you have to stop fighting since you don't have a chance of winning and force you to come back another day. Maybe not as bad as poorly designed spawn points, but still. Please, please, let there not be such "fake" boss fights?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1.is it possible at any point in game to own every single gun?

2.is there a carry over system when starting a second play through will all gear and equiment be there or do you start from scratch

EDITED QUESTION:how do you get money i assume you complete missions and are given cash but are there any other ways to make $$$

CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

:shifty::shifty::shifty:

1: Hmm, maybe, if you butter up to everyone who can sell weapons to you. I hesitate to say "for sure!" because there might be some mutually exclusive weapons dealers (although I don't think that's the case). I know our systems designer was very strict about not letting people fall into the trap of maxing out their assault rifle skills and then killing someone without knowing that that person sold the Assault Rifle Uber +10 that that player would definitely want. So you can definitely own all of the most powerful stuff.

2: I don't think gear is carried over, but there is a Veteran system where you can restart the game with a lot of skill points (and unique conversation options).

You can get cash from a variety of sources, including loot pickups from dead enemies, hacking into computers and setting up account transfers, cracking into safes, selling old equipment or mods you don't want to use, etc.

Matthew Rorie

• 1 month later...

My question/topic......Maximum inventory

I just watched the latest trailer for Alpha Protocol "Toys" and I thought of a question:

What is the Maximum amount of weapons you can carry during a mission and if you find new stuff, can you swap it out or are you stuck?

For instance; say you can carry a Pistol and another weapon like SMG (at one given time). Say you can carry Flash Grenades and actual Grenades at one given time. If you go on your mission and you find some cool "shock trap"; are you able to carry it with you, or do you have to swap it out for something in your inventory or how does this work?

Or perhaps you can respond saying this game is like either Splinter Cell (limited on inventory space) or is it like Mass Effect/Metal Gear Solid (where you have a cube that stores all new weapons/gear and you can sell it later to a broker)

Thanks

Edited by ltolman

My question/topic......Maximum inventory

I just watched the latest trailer for Alpha Protocol "Toys" and I thought of a question:

What is the Maximum amount of weapons you can carry during a mission and if you find new stuff, can you swap it out or are you stuck?

For instance; say you can carry a Pistol and another weapon like SMG (at one given time). Say you can carry Flash Grenades and actual Grenades at one given time. If you go on your mission and you find some cool "shock trap"; are you able to carry it with you, or do you have to swap it out for something in your inventory or how does this work?

Or perhaps you can respond saying this game is like either Splinter Cell (limited on inventory space) or is it like Mass Effect/Metal Gear Solid (where you have a cube that stores all new weapons/gear and you can sell it later to a broker)

Thanks

I can't find it now, but when they were discussing the various body armours in the game, they said that the trade off you face is protection vs stealth vs carrying capacity. I take that to mean that how much gear you can carry depends on what sort of armour you're using. And that you can modify your armour to increase it's carrying capacity and other stats.

What you're searching is the interview by Gamebanshee :

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/9645...a-protocol.html

Specifically that bit by Matt McLean :

Matt: The player can outfit Mike in different kinds of armor. The broad decision made with armor is protection vs. detection vs. carrying capacity, though the player will also have armor modifications that can be used to round out or specialize an outfit - you might want a sneaky infiltration suit but be willing to sacrifice some of its noise dampening for added protection.

Question: Do silencers deteriorate over time like in MGS3-4? ... id like to know because i find that system more enjoyable & im 50/50 on silencers..

also i love that your gear plays a role, especially for carrying czpacity.. i dont know of any game thats ever done that but always wanted it as a feature.. all i nee is that silencer question answered & i'll be in love with this game already

How good is the hand-to-hand combat? Can you be good enough to not even use a gun through a mission and just beat everyone

up with bare fists??? I hope so! That's what I wanna specialize in. :ermm:

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

Also can we block bullets with our fists?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"