Fallout 2

follout 3. its not good. discuss/

Wrong. Fallout 3 > Fallout 1 in every possible way.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Fallout > (Fallout 2 == Fallout 3)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Isn't Fallout 256 colours. It looks really awful. Not that I'm a graphics whore, but I do have a bare minimum.

Fallout doesn't look awful. 640*480*256 is not awful.

*shakes head*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Wasteland uses 16 colours.. It still rocks.

Wasteland? That old bag of bones? Enter the 21st century TYVM!!!

Yar seriously.

(Goes back to playing an "antiquated" game of chess.)

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Wasteland? That old bag of bones? Enter the 21st century TYVM!!!

Yar seriously.

(Goes back to playing an "antiquated" game of chess.)

Fallout Chess Game. I could imagine myself playing that.

Mmmmmm..

Damn, I'm really starting to like the idea.

Edited by Oner

Wrong. Fallout 3 > Fallout 1 in every possible way.

Reported to moderators for hopelessly bad taste.

Isn't Fallout 256 colours. It looks really awful. Not that I'm a graphics whore, but I do have a bare minimum.

You should try the Hi-Res mods at NMA. They're easy to install and look pretty amazing. Also, it's the wasteland...how many colors do you really think there will be? (and at least it didn't have the horrible green/blue tint Bethesda gave FO3).

Hey, look...I'm agreeing with you.

Five things that shows how Fallout 3 is better than Fallout 1 and 2:

1. It is graphically superior in every way, and allows greater immersion in its visual representation.

2. A far more open world with greater amount of quests to do within the game.

3. It is highly and easily moddable, given its powerful tools system made public by Bethesda.

4. Far less pop culture "jokes" breaking immersion.

5. Overall game length is nearly 2 to 3 times longer than that of Fallout 1 and 2 combined.

Five things that shows how Fallout 1 and 2 are better than Fallout 1.

1. Tandi.

2. Greater strategic combat due to turn base style.

3. Smarter follower AI in Fallout 2, but not 1. Definitely not 1. DAMN YOU IAN!

4. The writing.

5. The voice acting was also superior. You can't beat Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Dorn. Not even with Liam Neison and Malcom McDowell.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Five counter-arguments to Killian's weak arguments:

1. It is graphically superior in every way, and allows greater immersion in its visual representation.

Depends on your preference. I prefer the graphics and look of the isometric games much more than the copypasta and embarrassing animations of Fallout 3. I've never felt as immersed in a game as I have from Fallouts 1 & 2.

2. A far more open world with greater amount of quests to do within the game.

Without going and counting, this is highly debatable. What's not debatable though is that there is no point in doing any single quest in Fallout 3 since your character is never invested in anything. How could he/she be when the world doesn't even react to itself much less anything you say or do?

3. It is highly and easily moddable, given its powerful tools system made public by Bethesda.

The original games have plenty of incredible mods. Maybe it's not as easy to make barbie doll **** or play house, but there are incredible mods and patches just the same.

4. Far less pop culture "jokes" breaking immersion.

Yet there are plenty of bad "jokes" throughout the game so immersion breaking I had to stop playing it.

5. Overall game length is nearly 2 to 3 times longer than that of Fallout 1 and 2 combined.

So too much of a bad thing is now a good thing?

Five things that shows how Fallout 1 and 2 are better than Fallout 1.

This sentence makes no sense.

Five things that shows how Fallout 3 is better than Fallout 1 and 2:

Death animation sprites > Rag dolls with blood fountains.

Prerendered talking heads > Mannequins with moving mouths.