Tony Evans leaving Obsidian for BioWare

funcroc

"Volorun, you're infamous. You know that? From what I've read about you, you're just playing an act. You're not actually a BioWare fanboy, but someone pretending to be. As some kind of parody? http://en.wikipedia..../Poe's_law? What say you in response?

I think you're actually an Obsidian fanboy reverse-trolling BioWare fanboys by acting like one."

Don't be delusional. I'm not a fanboy of anyone. I have criticzed BIO lots of times but people only get butthurt when I praise them so that's people remember. People forget that i find SOU subpar, and KOTOR overrated but if I claim that NWN is the best RPG ever they'll havea psycho shock fit. *shrug*

Conversely, if I say something positive about Obsidian like FO:NV is awesome people shrug their shoulders but if I'm mean and state that AP is sozzy they'll cry and attack me.

"So he is a troll?"

I have trolled on other forums but I have never trolled here. I don't need to. People get butthurt over mere honest opinions.

Now stop trolling me, and let's get this thread back on track. Thank you for your cooperation on behalf of Obsidian Entertainment. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 2 months later...

as one of the designers who worked on SoZ I am chiming in unhelpfully to say that "SoZ-ey" is my favorite adjective. that's all.

also you guys are being kind of nutty about BETRAYAL involving people changing jobs in the game industry. Sometimes people make life decisions for personal reasons or professional reasons that extend beyond moustache twirling?

Edited by Nathaniel Chapman

Clearly you are only saying that because you BETRAYED us all. We need funcroc to start blackmailing people to stay at Obsidian instead of just gathering information.

Seriously though, this thread kinda took a funny turn back there...

Hate the living, love the dead.

How dare people leave Obsidian, indeed. We must put a stop to this.

Bring out the chains! Let's see them leave with a 40kg iron ball chained to your feet, eh? -Cackles madly- None shall leave, and great games will be made! -Cracks whip- Get on with it, minions! Get on with it!

Oh, and remember to enjoy yourself. I will be taking notes. If I don't see smiles, questions will be asked. *Tough* questions.

Carry on. ... What are you looking at me for like that, I said CARRY ON!

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

A belated congratulations to Mr. Rorie on his new job, may it work out great for him.

Edit: also, some of the discussion on this thread made me think of: http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/39544291251/on-fandom-and-toxic-environments

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

oh wow, Volly actually managed to force himself to write a post without mistakes. it seems to be happening more often now. and I don't know if I like the new Volourn

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

as one of the designers who worked on SoZ I am chiming in unhelpfully to say that "SoZ-ey" is my favorite adjective. that's all.

If you think being funny will lead Volourn to forgive you know that it won't. Also know that it is spelled sozzy not "Soz-ey", r00fles!

yeah but sozzy just looks... wrong.

Also, I mean, if I was looking for forgiveness from people on the internet I would be a sad, sad human being. I REGRET NOTHINGGGGG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow this thread is way too up in peoples' personal bizniz for my taste...

Edited by Luridis
  • Like 1

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Uh... yea. I didn't like Dragon Age, but that doesn't really prevent anyone else from liking it.

So, I got around to reading beyond the first page and the only words I can find to describe this is, "nerd paparazzi." Got enough to do with my own linkedin ya know.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.