Sarah Palin joins Fox News

Walsingham

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News," Mrs Palin said in a statement on the network's website.

"It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news."

I already giggle whenever I hear the Fox strapline about fair and balanced, but this is mental. It's not journalism. It's the circus.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Faux Snooze. Ever since that Mass Effect debacle I ignore everything that Fox reports. If they can't be truthful about something as minor as a video game I can I trust them to be truthful about more important issues.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Faux Snooze. Ever since that Mass Effect debacle I ignore everything that Fox reports. If they can't be truthful about something as minor as a video game I can I trust them to be truthful about more important issues.

I was about to scorn you for this, but some people choose their news channel based on what the anchors look like. :x

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I based my news channel by the least amount of bias it has against the truth. Such as if I want to read news on American politics I go to the BBC. On world events that don't matter to the US too much I go to CNN. For internal US news that isn't political I go to my local stations.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News," Mrs Palin said in a statement on the network's website.

I already giggle whenever I hear the Fox strapline about fair and balanced, but this is mental. It's not journalism. It's the circus.

Just to make it perfectly clear: this wasn't said in a sarcastic way?

Just to make it perfectly clear: this wasn't said in a sarcastic way?

What wasn't?

-Elwood Blues

Every news outlet has its bias. That is normal, but Faux Snooze take it to a whole new level. MSNBC isn't much better but it is on the other side of the political spectrum.

"I based my news channel by the least amount of bias it has against the truth. Such as if I want to read news on American politics I go to the BBC."

BBC is one of the most biased news sources in the western world. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh **** this has me bursting at the seams. Fox is hilarious.

Finally! This is going to be so awesome. Fox news is pretty much the only news channel I watch.

post-711-1263277738_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it business time.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

(LA Times) Palin, who will make her debut tonight on "The O'Reilly Factor," will appear regularly as a commentator on the network. She'll also be one of the hosts of an occasional series called "Real American Stories," about how everyday Americans cope with challenges.

There are no words yet invented that are capable of expressing my derisive mirth. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"I based my news channel by the least amount of bias it has against the truth. Such as if I want to read news on American politics I go to the BBC."

Not so much on American politics in comparison to Fox, CNN, and MSNBC.

Got any research on the subject? This covers CNN, FOX News and MSNBC as well. I am actually interested in this kind of stuff, but i can't find any numbers.

I haven't seen much of the "News"-segment of Fox, but their commentator-shows are incredibly unprofessional and devoid of any taste.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Of course he hasn't got any research. How do you investigate media bias without being accused of the same crime. Can't be done. All anybody has got are opinions.

Mine is that the BBC is reasonably professional and a reliable agency. Aren't they public service by the way, that should help in theory at least against political agendas in the boardroom.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yes, Fox News can be biased, but it's pretty obvious when they are, and it's still better than other news outlets trying to ignore news stories unfavorable to Obama/liberal agenda. But I agree the whole Mass Effect episode was disgraceful.

Edit: I guess this is a good place to link the article about the past presidential campaign I saw yesterday: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31302.html

In late summer 2007, Schumer
Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yes, Fox News can be biased, but it's pretty obvious when they are, and it's still better than other news outlets trying to ignore news stories unfavorable to Obama/liberal agenda. But I agree the whole Mass Effect episode was disgraceful.

how does that make them any better exactly? they're pretty obviously just the republicans pr channel, of course they'll report news that might harm their opponents. just because left wing media self censors doesn't make fox news reliable or good.

i don't see how hiring that idiot could end well for fox news, she's obviously missing a few chromosomes and will just end up embarrassing herself and fox news on air.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

how does that make them any better exactly? they're pretty obviously just the republicans pr channel, of course they'll report news that might harm their opponents. just because left wing media self censors doesn't make fox news reliable or good.

At least you get the whole story, I always take political reporting with a grain of salt and don't jump to conclusions until I see multiple sources.

i don't see how hiring that idiot could end well for fox news, she's obviously missing a few chromosomes and will just end up embarrassing herself and fox news on air.
I don't think she's an idiot, just typically ignorant and provincial. Besides if Glenn Beck hasn't embarassed them, no one can. And Beck has been both very good for ratings, and bagged a couple of Obama's sacred cows. Certain segment of the population adores Palin.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

At least you get the whole story, I always take political reporting with a grain of salt and don't jump to conclusions until I see multiple sources.

I don't think she's an idiot, just typically ignorant and provincial. Besides if Glenn Beck hasn't embarassed them, no one can. And Beck has been both very good for ratings, and bagged a couple of Obama's sacred cows. Certain segment of the population adores Palin.

well based on the number of scandals she's been involved in, how she handled her governor job and her general appearance and rhetoric i'd say she's a bit stupid. but i guess thats nothing new to the country who had george w. bush as president for 8 years.