Aliens RPG Gameplay Footage

A post by Josh Verrall, former Obsidian programmer

"Hmm, I don't think that's the most current footage from the time of cancellation, the HUD doesn't look right, and the game certainly was dark, but not black screen dark. But that can depend on how it was recorded.

It was definitely more action oriented, akin to Mass Effect."

A post by Josh Verrall, former Obsidian programmer

"Hmm, I don't think that's the most current footage from the time of cancellation, the HUD doesn't look right, and the game certainly was dark, but not black screen dark. But that can depend on how it was recorded.

It was definitely more action oriented, akin to Mass Effect."

For those that missed it, this thread on the Codex has some good info on Aliens RPG. Anthony Davis chimes in on page two. Unfrotunately, Roshambo hijacks the discussion later on.

Oh, but be careful - the link is very much not safe for work, including a picture of, uh, masturbating xenomorph. Tread lightly.

BTW, could someone elaborate on what you would've based stealth? These are sweat smelling, integrated night vision wielding aliens after all.

Keep reading :lol:

In a nutshell, at some point in the thread, Davis replaces the term "stealth" with "recon", which makes a bit more sense.

Besides, I believe Aliens weren't the only kind of enemy.

That rpgcodex thread and most people who wrote in it should be shot into sun.

Hard to say anything about the game based on just one alpha build video. Lighting seemed fine, but other than that can't really say anything.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.ph...27ef72cd#816974

xD Stupidity hurts.

>Disregard what was written here.<

I don't visit the Codex often but... Dear God, so much hate in that thread. What is that place? Do they like anything?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.ph...27ef72cd#816974

xD Stupidity hurts.

>Disregard what was written here.<

I don't visit the Codex often but... Dear God, so much hate in that thread. What is that place? Do they like anything?

I think they still live in like 1998. Anything made after that makes them cry.

Hate the living, love the dead.

"I don't visit the Codex often but... Dear God, so much hate in that thread. What is that place? Do they like anything?"

It's the Codex. They hate everything pretty much. Even the games that are well liked there are hated on.

Codex has a saying:"If you like a game, it very likely sucks." (not exact quote)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

There's hating a game, and then there's hating a preproduction build. And then there's hating something to be in the "cool" minority of internet rebels and toughguys.

Anyway, that video sure does bring back memories!

I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

twitter

"Aren't you there too Volourn? On-site Bioware fanboy and anti-Bioware hater or something "

My opinions don't change depending on the board I'm on. My posting style does. If people think I can be a jerk here, they shouldn't read my posts on the Codex.

The Aliens game footage itself is fine for what it is. Definitely notm worth so much hate. I do laugh at the PC running back and simply watching their ally being attacked and presumably slaughtered. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually, I like the Codex Volo better. It's more chaotic. :x

I'm sure theres a more recent thing that may be leaked later on..

Still reading that retard thread. Guys, I have an idea. If you do release the design docs, first take a red pen and write with big words all over the stealth section:

HAHAHA IT'S STILL CALLED STEALTH AND WILL BE FOREVER CRYYYY ROSH CRYYYYYYYYY QQ FOREVER MWAHAHAHA AND NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT EXCEPT CUT YOUR WRIST AND POST CRYING YOUTUBE VIDS B****

or something. ^^

Srsly, crying and b****ing this much over a design doc title. -.-

Edited by Oner

Even if the movie was pretty bad (probably related to it's very early pre-production state), it's a true shame the game got canned. It had promise...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee