FO:NV: The Return of Gameplay Mechanics Discussion

Pidesco

And game world! I'm hoping they have some talented artists and level designers in Obsidian. Not that Fallout 3 was bad in that aspect, but it pales in comparison to the Gothic games, for example.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Or they could solve it by giving us a perk that ups the sneaking speed so you can run and sneak at the same time. When I was exploring the wasteland of Fallout 3 I was sneaking almost the entire time! It worked well (either by me surprising my enemies for an insta-kill or me just sneaking past stuff) but it took ages to get anywhere. And I'm one of (seemingly) few people who enjoy wandering across desolate landscapes..

I'd suggest a variant on this. Long range 'sneaking' by virtue of the survival talent. Call it 'sauntering' for the truly cool post-apocalyptic hep cat. You basically radiate the right vibes for anything near by which might otherwise consider nailing you. For added cool make the PC physically change how they are moving. So if there are ghouls nearby then they shamble, if there are yao guai they lumber, if there are soldiers then they march. That way you could see what was nearby as soon as your skill kicks in.

So it's basically a SEP field perk? Cool. "Everybody in vicinity just go on about their business regardless of your actions."

Did Fallout 3 have Silent Running, or was it just in Fallout 1 / 2 ?

Edited by jero cvmi

Hai, J.E., since you're reading, what's the current tyteness level of the game?

I really hope the game will feature 100% of tytness, but can the game be tyte without facehuggers?

Only eight days left till the OXM coverage yeehaw!

An OXM leak should be forthcoming once it hits the presses.

Oh, to be in the midst of active game promotion again. I fully expect Bethsoft to make it rain like no publisher Obsidz has had before. They're going to be visible, perhaps to a greater extent than they were in their Black Isle days.

**** it up, bros.

Let's also hope the world overall is smaller and "tyter" than in F3. That gives Obsidian more time to polish the content.

I actually want it to be much bigger this time. I don't want to feel crowded in a WASTELAND. But I'm all for polishing it to perfection!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just hope that if your character is responsible for the destruction of an entire city, it actually has some gameplay conseqences, other than just getting your flat in a different location.

edit: and no parent quests!

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Josh, share your thoughts with the unwashed masses.

Amen!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You're setting yourselves up for disappointment, this is gonna be a Pete-only party where every answer is a non-answer

Unfortunately, though after the first PR wave I hope we get interviews from Obsid devs while Hines & any bethsoft producers sit on the side lines.