FO:NV: The Return of Gameplay Mechanics Discussion

Pidesco

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty much 100% sure if you hated Fallout 3, you will still not like FO:NV.

Just take a look at KotOR and KotOR 2, they were not dramatically different. Obsidian did some neat stuff with the sequel, but don't expect an entirely different game.

I didn't hate KOTOR, but I thought it was very average and forgivable. KOTOR 2 I thought was great.

Good story/characters/dialogs go a VERY long way in my book.

Hurl's talking mostly about gameplay.

Sawyer being the big 'ol Systems Queen that he is, I honestly don't know how you'd expect New Vegas to be mechanically similar to its predecessor to a great degree. I honestly believe he's going to be tinkering with a lot of things, if not outright fixing them.

Sawyer being the big 'ol Systems Queen that he is, I honestly don't know how you'd expect New Vegas to be mechanically similar to its predecessor to a great degree. I honestly believe he's going to be tinkering with a lot of things, if not outright fixing them.

My hope tends to agree with you completely.

However, my hope also believed the that the alien crpg would not be cancelled.

My hope lets me down a lot. :shifty:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'll drink to that.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

http://www.namcobandaigames.eu/news/2010-0...bution-deal/325

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS AND NAMCO BANDAI PARTNERS S.A.S. AGREE TO FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS DISTRIBUTION DEAL

*Snip*

I am not sure if this is a distrubution only agreement or more but Namco's own DLC policy makes me a bit worried:

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS AND NAMCO BANDAI PARTNERS S.A.S. AGREE TO FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS DISTRIBUTION DEAL

*Snip*

I am not sure if this is a distrubution only agreement or more but Namco's own DLC policy makes me a bit worried:

ALthough that article contains some interesting thoughts and examples of how bad DLC can (and probably will) be, it was such a one-sded rant that it loses some credibility.

Does NAMCO develop any games?

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

*Snip*

Ohh my gawd. You mean we either have to wait for the gooty edition or buy the game in tiny slices over the space of several months. DLC sales gimmics make baby Jesus cry.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Although, we can't really be surprised. Bethesda was one of the pioneers of the salami approach to selling games after all.

Tekken.

Man I must have clocked thousands of hours on those games. Good mindless multiplayer fun.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Ohh my gawd. You mean we either have to wait for the gooty edition or buy the game in tiny slices over the space of several months. DLC sales gimmics make baby Jesus cry.

Good thing Namco isn't developing the game :)

hmm yes this is why i started making games, to **** around with excel

Somebody get this boy back on Onyx duties already

So Obsid.... when's that new Onyx game being shown off? :*

Fallout 2's dev time was about 1.5 to 2 years I believe. In that they added the car, new companion controls, a gameworld twice the size of the original (both world map and visitable locations), dense and complex areas like Vault City and New Reno, new guns/armor/weapons/talking heads, and even had time to add far too many easter eggs, too much goofy floating text, and an awful tutorial level. They should have an ample amount of time to make FONV, if they use it well.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Or they could solve it by giving us a perk that ups the sneaking speed so you can run and sneak at the same time. When I was exploring the wasteland of Fallout 3 I was sneaking almost the entire time! It worked well (either by me surprising my enemies for an insta-kill or me just sneaking past stuff) but it took ages to get anywhere. And I'm one of (seemingly) few people who enjoy wandering across desolate landscapes..

I'd suggest a variant on this. Long range 'sneaking' by virtue of the survival talent. Call it 'sauntering' for the truly cool post-apocalyptic hep cat. You basically radiate the right vibes for anything near by which might otherwise consider nailing you. For added cool make the PC physically change how they are moving. So if there are ghouls nearby then they shamble, if there are yao guai they lumber, if there are soldiers then they march. That way you could see what was nearby as soon as your skill kicks in.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.