The Great Alpha Protocol release month pool!

When will AP be released?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. WHEN

• February!
    • March!
    • April!
    • May!
    • June!
    • July!

So basically you vote and say what you voted, and when the final release date does indeed get announced, those who guessed the correct month will be put in some sort of raffle and get some sort of prize! Possibly through Steam, or something. If it comes out after July, well, nobody wins!

Who wants to make a guess? I'm guessing March.

I'm fuzzing between March and April.. but I'm going to say March because I'm being optimistic ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

April.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm gonna go with June, because on the Obsidian front page there's a link to gamestop that say release date 6/1/2010

Vaporware.

<.<

You have much to learn, eager young troll. A good effort, but I give you 0/10 for lack of originality and extrapolation.

December.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's obvious that it won't be released in the next two months. It takes time (at least 2-3 weeks) from when a games goes Gold to being available to sell in the shops. So you can expect a delay of about a month from the final product to being in stores and I believe it's nowhere near finished. Give or take another month or two to finish the game + another month from Gold to being in stores, I would guess a release date AFTER April. More like June onwards.

The game is finished, or really near completion. Avellone has said his focus has shifted from Alpha Protocol towards New Vegas, the team has been reduced to a minimum since at least one month, a guy at Sega already has people playing the game and asking them to come up with ideas that could be used for a sequel, and bug fixing went from 40000 identified bugs to just a handful. The game is finished, it's now up to Sega to market and distribute the game.

Since Avellone has submitted a form for a panel at PAX East in march, I would expect the game to be out in April.

well it does say "Coming Spring 2010", so i think we can narrow it down to March, April or May.. Maybe June, but nothing comes out in June. I say April.

Didn't that Red Faction sequel sell an obscene amount of copies just because it came out in June and nothing else did? Or didn't even that one come out in June and I'm confused? :sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif