New Avellone Blog on Alpha Protocol

Most importantly, what does your character want? Well, we let you tell us in the game. Twice. And you get to see if the answers match at the beginning and end.
MMmmmm..

This one is my favorite:
Global economic voyeurism

How can economy be voyeured?

I notice on the faction dossier pic there's a young version of Darth......

Darth Trainwreck. Whatever.

Darth Sion.

Remove the giant percentage completion signs or at the very least make them optional. Please.

Turning character development into a metagaming collectathon isn't a good idea, especially in a game where the narrative and the player's relationship with the characters are an essential part of the gameplay.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Maybe have the numbers disabled on the first playthrough and have it enabled on the subsequent playthrough?

First it does not encourage first time players to focus on the metagaming aspects of the game. While on the other hand the players who usually play the game against after competion often have the purpose of exploring other aspects of the game that has yet to be discovered which the % number will come in handy.

Anyway. Great read. I simply can't wait for the game's release. Its a pity that ME2's coming out on this month than AP which might place AP's reviews inevitably in direct comparison to it.

Edited by Zoma

First pics, with all the characters. Third row. Character on the far left. I winced.

Bottom row, pic in the lower right-hand corner. I grinned.

Looking good, can't wait to get my grubby paws on this.

Metagaming collectathon? OCD much? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Looking forward to this.

Really want to see how this will come across in gameplay like..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Interesting blog, thanks for the heads up! I'm seriously looking forward to this game, specially after all this talk about reactivity. Also, why does Darcy appear four times in the image with all the characters? He's actually the big bad guy, isn't he? :conspiracytheory:

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I see "nullus can insisto" is now "quo nemo sequi potest." I wonder how that happened!

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

First pics, with all the characters. Third row. Character on the far left. I winced.

Bottom row, pic in the lower right-hand corner. I grinned.

Looking good, can't wait to get my grubby paws on this.

Metagaming collectathon? OCD much? :p

2nd row, second guy. Young captain Anderson?

BTW that photo of SIE looks weird.

That's because some people told to the Obsidianites that "Nullus can insisto" didn't mean anything at all and was actually all kind of wrong in the latin grammar area. So Mr Rorie went into a quest (there was proof somewhere :p ) to make a sentence that actually made sense.

Interesting blog, thanks for the heads up! I'm seriously looking forward to this game, specially after all this talk about reactivity. Also, why does Darcy appear four times in the image with all the characters? He's actually the big bad guy, isn't he? :conspiracytheory:

I think he only appears once, by my count. I think Shaheed and Leland appear twice each, but I think Darcy's only on there once, right under the "33%".

Matthew Rorie

That's because some people told to the Obsidianites that "Nullus can insisto" didn't mean anything at all and was actually all kind of wrong in the latin grammar area. So Mr Rorie went into a quest (there was proof somewhere :( ) to make a sentence that actually made sense.

I know. I take Latin.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Of course, I also got quite hyped and interested over Deus Ex Invisible War when they kept going on about the reactivity of the different factions and how it would play differently if you aided one group and they'd remember if you later backstabbed them for another group and so on... and the game arrived and it was all "Where the hell is the reactivity and repurcussions?!?"

I was worried for a little bit that AP might be the same..but after these last few blogs I'm getting quite positive and optimistic over it all once more...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's because some people told to the Obsidianites that "Nullus can insisto" didn't mean anything at all and was actually all kind of wrong in the latin grammar area. So Mr Rorie went into a quest (there was proof somewhere :( ) to make a sentence that actually made sense.

The new translation is from a friend/old schoolmate of mine who now teaches at Boston Latin School.

That's because some people told to the Obsidianites that "Nullus can insisto" didn't mean anything at all and was actually all kind of wrong in the latin grammar area. So Mr Rorie went into a quest (there was proof somewhere :lol: ) to make a sentence that actually made sense.

The new translation is from a friend/old schoolmate of mine who now teaches at Boston Latin School.

As far as I can tell, it's correct.

Personally, I think "Nemo Hoc Sequitur" (No one follows here) sounds cooler, though.

That's because some people told to the Obsidianites that "Nullus can insisto" didn't mean anything at all and was actually all kind of wrong in the latin grammar area. So Mr Rorie went into a quest (there was proof somewhere :lol: ) to make a sentence that actually made sense.

So does that earn him a spot in the game's credits?