Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

Sorry.. I just moved passed the basis of BG. It was awesome when you are a kiddie; but for people have matured (well.. aged heh since if you post on the nets you aren't mature), it simply is the basis of basic rpgs. BG is a literal dumbing down of 2E D&D. The characters don't change at all except a handful much later in BG2/TOB. None do in BG1. You cna't even can't the wussy elf (who I loved btw) to stop acting like a gutless funnyman despite everything he faces while in the party. Outside of the choice between Minsc and his g/f with that pansy shemale there is no real C&C to speak of except *maybe* 1 or 2 situations.

All true, looked in retrospect - which is quite unfair since they all derive their core gameplay from BG.

For its time however, BG was much more successful at combining gameplay elements. The story was nice, the characters interesting, the combat good. Compared to it the rest all have things sticking out, and some like JE or ME are partly broken.

Bg has lost its lustre for me.

First honest thing you said, ever.

JE had the least filler - pointless or otherwise - of all BIO games. That's why, coincidentally, it's the shortest. It doesn't have spamming combat, silly random travel over empty areas, or silly inventory matrix, and other time wassters. It really was all about action - whether thata ction was combat or dialogue, it didn't matter.

Sure lets ditch the rest of the pointless stuff and just put in a hoop and stick instead. That sure clears out any possible distractions.

wda0003l.jpg

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

is the pc version just a glorified console port or will it really feel like the superior version (like dragon age)

because if its a port i'm just gonna get the 360 version to continue my save

but if its really a superior version in every way then i'll get the pc version

anyone know???

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

is the pc version just a glorified console port or will it really feel like the superior version (like dragon age)

anyone know???

I'd think it's the same deal as with ME1, but hopefully with less bugs related to ATi cards.

Certainly nothing anywhere near DA.

anyone know???

I haven't actually seen much that's said how the pc differs from the xbox... I mean going by how they handled ME, everything was tweaked up to take advantage of pc hardware more and the control system/HUD was shifted to work better with keyboard & mouse rather then gamepad..

I'd assume there'd be something similar this time around ... but it's just a guess.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thread is getting a bit beyond the customary 500 posts... time to reboot. Continued here

;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein