Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

Thread Pruned: Remember, we have all ages making use of the boards so material of a sexually (close to explicit) nature really does just work for me ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

... material of a sexually (close to explicit) nature really does just work for me ...

Yes, so from now on: all pr0n directly to Fionavar's inbox!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

New info regarding DLC:

Teamxbox: "Players who access ‘The Cerberus Network’ will receive the first DLC

pack on January 26th (launch day in North America) featuring new

missions and in-game items. Included in this pack is a mission that

introduces Zaeed, a rugged and deadly gun-for-hire who is recruited to

join Commander Shepard’s mission to save mankind.

After launch, BioWare will release another DLC pack for Mass

Effect 2 that introduces the Hammerhead, a new vehicle in the Mass

Effect universe. This agile hover tank features improved handling on

rough terrain and maneuvers deftly in combat -- a necessity for players

traveling across harsh planetary environments throughout the galaxy. In

addition to this new vehicle, BioWare will release new missions and

unique in-game items, including Cerberus Assault Armor which boost

shields, health and heavy weapon ammo and the M-22 Eviscerator Shotgun."

IGN: "Those who purchase the title new will receive exclusive access to the

'The Cerberus Network,' an in-game pipeline for downloadable content,

as well as daily messages and news on upcoming releases for the game at

no additional cost. Acess requires players to input a single-use unlock

code that comes included with all new copies, retail and digital

versions."

Source

Edited by Slinky

I sympathize with people who find BioWare formulistic or dislike the way they prioritize. However, I consistently enjoy BioWare games. I

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I honestly, and without Volo-ism consider Mass Effect the best and most entertaining RPG I have ever played. And I have a really hard time seeing how ultra-formulaic fantasy clich

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The "save the world" plot is an instant -10 points for me. Especially for a sci-fi game.

Hey, it's sci-fi. It's not "save the world" it's "Save The Galaxy!"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Fanboy" isn't really a widely recognized job. Maybe you could get paid by Bioware as a "viral promoter"? >_<

Hey, I'm just a neutral information distributor. Though I tend to have more bad stuff to say about Bio, but I count that as a part of my freedom of speech :*

The "save the world" plot is an instant -10 points for me. Especially for a sci-fi game.

Yeah, sometimes I mix my "save the X"s up.

Speaking of "neutral information distributors", what happened to our resident Bioware employee, alanschu?

Edited by Purkake

"Trying something different and failing isn't that much worse than trying to do the same old and succeeding. "

It's 100% worse. I want a good, and fun game. As a player I don't feel the nedd to pat the dog.. err.. developer on the head and 'Good boy... At least you tried." That's silly talk.

Oruiginality is overrated. Goodness is all that matter. Besdies, you can't do better than the origins which were pretty cool additions or the dialogue wheel. While neither fo these are 100% truly original they are different and better enough to matter.

Then again, none of the aformentioned Troika games are 100% original either.

ARC - FF did the tech/magic mesh before. Tons of other games too. Steampunk is not.

TOEE - It's a D&D turn based game based on a very popular pnp module. NOTHING NEW HERE.

BL - It's based on pre made IP, and is basically a semi (but not really) kinda sequel (but vastly superior) to the other BL game. NOT NEW but outside of the crappy combat, a pretty awesome game.

"Hey, it's sci-fi. It's not "save the world" it's "Save The Galaxy!"

DAMN YOU! You beat me to the obvious retort! L0L

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Hey, it's sci-fi. It's not "save the world" it's "Save The Galaxy!"

DAMN YOU! You beat me to the obvious retort! L0L

Well, it's all about the upper-case letters, and that key exclamation point... >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Speaking of "neutral information distributors", what happened to our resident Bioware employee, alanschu?

I noticed him taking a quick peek in here few days ago. He's probably chained to his desk until DA's DLC bugs are fixed.

So I guess we are going to see alanschu sometime around next christmas, maybe >_<

I sympathize with people who find BioWare formulistic or dislike the way they prioritize. However, I consistently enjoy BioWare games.

More power to you. I'm too jaded to enjoy it anymore. >_<

Or rather, to enjoy it on the same level as before. Now its just mindless fun, if even that.

The BG series were a profound adventure for me. I'm in the habit of clapping when I complete a really good game. I've done it like 4-5 times in the last ten years. ToB was one of them.

KOTOR had its satisfying moments but it was dragged down by a boring plot (more so because I don't like SW). Jade Empire was over before it began. On ME enough has been said. And NWN isn't even worth mentioning.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusiv...ss-effect/60957

third part of the sci vs fi series, so awesome. I can't wait to smack a trollop shepard style.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

All RPGs are about saving the world, even if some try to disguise it a bit (torment). It's what you do in that type of game, just like killing stuff and getting loot.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Torment and BGII are about saving yourself first and foremost. It depends on how you role play. I role play character who can at best, save the world if he has something to gain by it, or if he has no choice.

And I abhor that sort of plot.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

All RPGs are about saving the world, even if some try to disguise it a bit (torment). It's what you do in that type of game, just like killing stuff and getting loot.

That's pretty much what you do in any type of game with something resembling a story.

Actually, it's pretty funny if you compare it to the types of stories in other mediums. I guess game developers just really wanted to up the ante and are now stuck with it.

Edited by Purkake

It's basic wish fulfillment for kids. It's funny how games that are offered by their devs as complex and mature inevitably follow a plot hook that was essentially designed to appeal to preteen boys. It's just pandering to the masses.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Someone had an interesting theory that more than anything, the problem is the developers themselves being just immature or washed up writers who use it as an avenue to finally publish their epic story that all the movie and book people rejected. So it's not the gamers that were immature, but the developers that slowly established the current "gaming culture" and now it's just a negative feedback loop.

No offense to any Obsidian developers