Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

I wish ME2 would have as much sex as GTA4: Ballad of gay Tony. Its like playing a HBO series. AND they managed to sneak it utterly and completely under the radar of the morality mafia.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A word from real life. Relationships don't 'flow naturally'. At least mine don't. They ****ing defy gravity and make 30g turns.
IMO relationships are one of those things that never ever should be portrayed realistically in a video game. Except maybe sim games.

A word from real life. Relationships don't 'flow naturally'. At least mine don't. They ****ing defy gravity and make 30g turns.
IMO relationships are one of those things that never ever should be portrayed realistically in a video game. Except maybe sim games.

Yeah, I totally agree. Otherwise you'd spend 6 months on a game only to have it abruptly end with an excuse you could've beaten given 5 minutes, a hamster and a bottle of vodka.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What I meant was they shouldn't be a quest that abruptly ends when you get laid.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

What I meant was they shouldn't be a quest that abruptly ends when you get laid.

Yeah, and it's a very valid point. Even the BG 2 romances were guilty of that, to a degree (but were saved by ToB in that matter, and Viconia deviating from the norm). I think DAO handled this a bit better.

Btw. I'm just having a rough patch with the future mrs. Nepenthe. :)

Yeah, I totally agree. Otherwise you'd spend 6 months on a game only to have it abruptly end with an excuse you could've beaten given 5 minutes, a hamster and a bottle of vodka.
Imagine getting an SMS from the Normandy while you're on the way to the Big Bad. "I don't love you anymore, let's break up." *Honey-bunny has blocked your number* Shepard breaks down crying, the Big Bad eats him and the universe is destroyed. :)

Yeah! We want corny love-talk in plot conversations till the end of the game!

You just described my relationships. Maybe they are on to something after all. :)

Imagine getting an SMS from the Normandy while you're on the way to the Big Bad. "I don't love you anymore, let's break up." *Honey-bunny has blocked your number* Shepard breaks down crying, the Big Bad eats him and the universe is destroyed. :)

Or ME LI: 'You make me feel unlike anyone has made me feel before... But since we must save the universe, I just don't think we have the time for a proper relationship... and I respect you too much to just take advantage of you!"

Shepard: '****'

edit: yeah, that last one was incomprehensible, wasn't it

Edited by Nepenthe

Here's also the reason why I go always renegade…

Paragon, because Renegade looks like that.

I meant the manic smile.

Women do not like scars.

Men like scars.

Me Tarzan.

What we need is sexual PLOTS. :p

Word, bro. And more relationship drama:

SOVEREIGN: Your extinction is inevitable, we are the end of your existance.

SHEPARD: But why are you doing this?

SOVEREIGN: We exist in a realm of existance so far beyond your own you can not possibly understand.

SHEPARD: Ok, I dig your scary speech an imma let you finish, but seriously... why?

SOVEREIGN: We... get lonely. Dark space can get very quiet and even though we are each a nation of our own, we run out of things to talk about.

SHEPARD: That doesnt really answer why you have to eradicate all intelligent life in the galaxy?

SOVEREIGN: That isnt really our intention, we just have very deep seated commitment issues. We try to be nice, yet organic life always fails to meet our impossibly high expectations. So we get a bit cranky.

SHEPARD: So you kill us all?

SOVEREIGN: Yes, to a reaper, that is the equivalent of removing you from our friends list on facebook.

SHEPARD: Couldnt we talk about this? Maybe try couples therapy this time around?

SOVEREIGN: No, that is too expensive. Total eradication is a cheaper solution.

SHEPARD: God, you're impossible!

SOVEREIGN: Its not you, it is us.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think sexual subplots are unnecessary.

What we need is sexual PLOTS. :)

I hear the 'Fighting in Tunnels' mod one of the forumites is working on has a great deal of 'tunnel' exploration. :p

Paragon, because Renegade looks like that.

I meant the manic smile.

Women do not like scars.

Men like scars.

Me Tarzan.

I know you did. That

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"Yes and that's my major gripe with them, because that was not my impression of them and their goals after playing through the Baldurs Gate series."

BIO always intended to go for blockbusters.

"I'm a sucker for unflinching dedication to either giving something fresh each time (eg. Troika)"

Nope. Doesn't describe Troika at all. I enjoyed ARC and BL just fine and even TOEE had some good things but none of them were 'fresh' or 'original'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Arcanum was one of the very few steampunk RPG's if not the only one worth noting. Bloodlines is the only Vampire themed RPG worth anything, and one of only two at that. TOEE was the most generic of the lot, but it was well made in many parts.

Seriously, take your dried frog pills for the day.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

"Fresh" is only a plus if it's combined with "good." Troika might have been 2-for-3 on "fresh," but they were 1-for-3 on "good." (And 0-for-3 on "relatively bug-free.")

To bring us back to the ME2 topic, from what I've seen of the hype-making videos, the Salarian dude is the only NPC that has really interested me for non-mammory-related reasons. Hopefully, some of the others will surprise.

Stop being such a Troika fanboy. Seriously, none of those are original.

"but it was well made in many parts."

It was crap. Only thing made well about TOEE was the character system which they copy pasted from pnp. Heck, they couldn't even do a pre made module right. LMAO

ARC + BL are good games but are not original. Deal with it

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.