Sega is coming up with concepts for Alpha Protocol 2?

The key wording to me is "concepts for" which suggests they might just be throwing ideas around so that when AP is released and they see how sales do.. they can turn around to Obsidian and say "hey, how about doing the next one along these lines" and start the ball rolling on that...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The key wording to me is "concepts for" which suggests they might just be throwing ideas around so that when AP is released and they see how sales do.. they can turn around to Obsidian and say "hey, how about doing the next one along these lines" and start the ball rolling on that...

That's what it sounds like to me.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I don't like the idea either... It's kind of ridiculous to announce a sequel of something which doesn't even officially exist until now. I'm really looking forward to play this game and I'm eager to see what they got right and/or wrong. But if they think they have to develop a sequel because they learned so much about creating this kind of game, why do they publish the flawed one?

Whatever. I'm excited about the first one.

Nobody's announced a sequel. Mountains out of molehills. Standard generic comment most PR people give an interview. >_<

Whether the speculation on a AP2 is true or not, I think this is a great opportunity to brainstorm ideas.

Assuming not much has changed and disarms are still out of the CQC for AP1, I totally think they should be added to AP2.

Its gotten to the point that disarms and using the environment to bash peoples heads in is pretty common in spy games. So I fully back any and all ideas that wish to implement these features.

I also think that making takedowns capable from being used regardless of where your position is in relation to the badguy u want to take down (Behind - Stealth Takedown, Front and Sides - Regular Takedown). Though Im pretty sure u can do this in AP1.

Other than that, the ability to counter an enemy's CQC attacks is a pretty common and well accepted feature most games with CQC employ. Finally, we must be able to use bad guys as human shields...that is a definite necessity.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Sega must have high expectations for this game since they are already making the sequel; possible reason for the delay, they should focus on the first game before starting on a sequel. I mean what if it plummets?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think this is a great opportunity to brainstorm ideas.

Why?

LOL, cause there is hardly anything else to discuss on this forum...

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

• 2 weeks later...
40,000 to almost none? They're already planning/thinking of making a sequel?

YES.

Hey, LucasArts planned a KotOR III, oh wait...:lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The difference is LucasArts is pretty much entirely **** while Sega has some cool stuff once in a while.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The only cool stuff either of them release, is made by Obsidian.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Also Sega had the Dreamcast.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"