New Year's Eve

Humodour

I use my own calendar. We are now in the year 30928.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I had a good New Year's Eve overall. First I went to a dance exhibition and preformed and that went well, then I met up with a friend and we visited until 12:30 or so when I ran her home (she drank enough to get tipsy, I didn't). So yeah, good night overall.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Entered the New Year behind the rest of you future people. I am not drunk, as I am not of the legal drinking age. Hope 2009 was good for all of ya.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

The talk about legal drinking age is kind of hilarious to me. In Portugal, everyone drinks before it, and I'm not talking just a sip. Almost no one cares.

But of course, you Americans have curfew and stuff, and that sounds like something out of 1984 to Portuguese we-party-until-7AM-regularly dudes.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Same here. There isn't much of a legal drinking age. More of a legal "buy alcohol" age. Even then, it's mostly ignored.

Hell, we have our own national holiday which mostly consists of large crowds of (young) people getting drunk and smoking pot in circles while the police just ignore 'em.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The talk about legal drinking age is kind of hilarious to me. In Portugal, everyone drinks before it, and I'm not talking just a sip. Almost no one cares.

But of course, you Americans have curfew and stuff, and that sounds like something out of 1984 to Portuguese we-party-until-7AM-regularly dudes.

The legal drinking age in Australia is 18. The real drinking age is about 16. When cops find drunk kids, they take them home to their parents. I think there are some loopholes in the law about children being allowed to drink if in the company of a responsible adult.

I'm pretty glad it's 18 here, tbh. Alcohol does bad things to developing brains (but it should be noted it's all but harmless to adult brains, unless consumed in heavy doses daily) so there's even some rational justification for the drinking age being 21, much as I would loathe that.

I wish the police ignored pot here, but they'll nick your stuff and tell you to bugger off instead. Or worse, fine you.

Edited by Krezack

Well, the only people I have been around who are drunk regularly are my mother and her husband, and they're drunk every day, so my experience with alcohol hasn't been the best.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I'm pretty glad I went out tonight. Hung out with two really old friends and got drunk. I'm drunk now. Feels good man. Only thing that would have made it better is if I got oral sex from some random high school girl. Damn.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Didn't do jack. Around here "legal age" is more advisory, but if the kids are caught then they're dealt with... had two young ladies (15/16 ish) who were caught on campus totally off their rocker, drunk, with four beers in their backpacks. Yeah, they got themselves arrested.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I had a great party.. I was dancing, drinking and acting like a loon and I helped a friend to get someone to go home with. Now I'm still a little drunk, so the cleaning shouldn't be so much of a problem. Luckily people were behaving this time around.. last year I had to scrub my walls and ceiling as they were spotted with various drinks..

Fortune favors the bald.

i had a pretty crazy night

took some.. stuff and ended up on a mountain simultaneously watching the moon turn yellow and dip down below some hills while the sun slowly rose over the opposite set of hills :sorcerer:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

As I said earlier I worked. I only had to kick out two belligerent drunks so thats not a bad night all considering. As you all know, maybe not all, I live in Iowa. Weather here is all ice and snow and we had lows below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. I had two women, in early 20's, drunk, in high heels, and miniskirts. Think about that for a moment. High heels on icy surfaces. Miniskirts in below 0 weather with wind gusts.

The real kicker that they were both blond.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Think about that for a moment. High heels on icy surfaces. Miniskirts in below 0 weather with wind gusts.

I've seen that in England's Northeast (Newcastle) they breed 'em special so they simply don't feel the cold.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What a freaking night! It was really great. I met my GF at the Blue Cafe for a light but romantic dinner, then off to the Peabody Hotel where the rooftop and penthouse were all the scene of the best New Years bash between St Louis and New Orleans. The champagne was free and flowing and the drinks were all top shelf. We had an incredible time. We met Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies, we spoke for a little bit. Afterwards we stopped one of her friends places where there was an great party going on, then we went back to my house for more champagne on the porch at 4 am on a clear, cold night with coyotes howling in the distance. She's staying here untill tomorrow. Best NY in a long time.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I ate dinner and played Mass Effect. Meh. NYE is probably my least favorite holiday.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I ate dinner and played Mass Effect. Meh. NYE is probably my least favorite holiday.

Welll it would be if that's how you spend it!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Welll it would be if that's how you spend it!

My point exactly.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS