monday wwe raw reminder

steelfiredragon

You like watching sweaty men wearing tights pawing and grabbing each other? To each their own I guess.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne
  • Like 1

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

You like watching sweaty men wearing tights pawing and grabbing each other? To each their own I guess.

This.

• Like 1
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I think it's a rather interesting cultural phenomena. I don't understand why people would actually go pay money to see a show, but it is somewhat fascinating.

I have a cousin who works for the WWE (video editing and such), and according to family members and friends who have gotten tickets through her, the live show is actually quite entertaining. You have a beer or two, shout some insults at the performers, chuckle to yourself at the crowdmembers who take it too seriously, and watch the spectacle. I think I can understand the appeal in that way-- bottom line, those guys are showmen who know how to entertain a crowd.

Granted, the people I've talked to both had good seats and got the tickets for free, so that probably colors their observations a bit. And this doesn't extend to the mysterious appeal of the televised product.

I think it's a rather interesting cultural phenomena. I don't understand why people would actually go pay money to see a show, but it is somewhat fascinating.

I have a cousin who works for the WWE (video editing and such), and according to family members and friends who have gotten tickets through her, the live show is actually quite entertaining. You have a beer or two, shout some insults at the performers, chuckle to yourself at the crowdmembers who take it too seriously, and watch the spectacle. I think I can understand the appeal in that way-- bottom line, those guys are showmen who know how to entertain a crowd.

Granted, the people I've talked to both had good seats and got the tickets for free, so that probably colors their observations a bit. And this doesn't extend to the mysterious appeal of the televised product.

Yeah. I've been to a couple of live wrestling matches. They were great fun. Some screaming, some yelling, some taunting, and lots of crazy drunks. The TV shows, however, are a different story.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

you like him......

like him better with his tag team partner

for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgdGMsceAJc...feature=related

but mostly I like

and as to why I'd rather watch it on tv.... well dont have money to go see it in person and I dont do well in huge crowds..

we want BRET

the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever shall be.

chris jerko blows in comparison...

Edited by steelfiredragon

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Yeah. I've been to a couple of live wrestling matches. They were great fun. Some screaming, some yelling, some taunting, and lots of crazy drunks. The TV shows, however, are a different story.

I think for the stuff in pro, like wwe, Southpark got it right. It's entertainment and drama, not a sports cast. To say otherwise would be lying.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What about this?

post-4899-1262253176_thumb.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

What about this?

Thats... disturbing. But it's not at all surprising that people find it entertaining-- throughout human history, there is copious evidence that people get entertainment value from observing acts of competitive brutality.

What about this?

Thats... disturbing. But it's not at all surprising that people find it entertaining-- throughout human history, there is copious evidence that people get entertainment value from observing acts of competitive brutality.

Tell me about it. I've actually witnessed married people.

• Like 1
manthing2.jpg

They are pretty amazing athletes, for the most part. I really enjoyed watching a show on MTV a few years back where amateurs competed for a WWE contract. The training and routines they had to learn were incredible, it's like combining gymnastics with football.

The storylines are a bit too soap operish for my taste, but the wrestling itself is interesting.

What about this?

[attachment=9327:blod

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm just wondering if Wrestling is more or less retarded than American Gladiators.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm just wondering if Wrestling is more or less retarded than American Gladiators.

Wrasslin' : American Gladiators : : Scripted TV drama : Reality show.

One focuses on established characters and storylines; the other is about ordinary contestants winning big bucks.

@theslug, I think the point of the MMA pic was that people get entertainment from watching others get beat up in a rather brutal fashion, rather than something to do with the physical dangers to the participants. I'm sure that afficianados of the martial arts get more out of watching the fights, but to me it never gets past Jackass-style "that must've really hurt."

Well, I think that's one of the draws of the WWE. The contiguous storyline and characters lead to more attachment by the fans to the characters in the show. As to american gladiators, I don't know that many people would watch it now a days simply because they know that the real athletes would win over the amateurs. with the wrestlers you know you'll be getting a nice fight between the antagonists over whatever. I mean, nobody wants to see some poor accountant get DEMOLISHED by his opponent. It doesn't make for good TV.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 4 years later...