TOP GAMES OF 2009

entrerix

New games picked up this year.. hm, not that many actually...

Prototype

Batman Arkham Asylum

Dragon Age

So where's the "Top 10 Games of 2009 that got delayed and aren't out for another year or more" list? :x

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Dragon Age and Batman for me.

Overlord 2 was also fun game.

I think those were the only three games I purchased during the year, excluding the current Steam sale buying frenzy that I'm on.

Looking forward to next year for Alpha Protocol, Mass Effect 2, the new Prince of Persia game, Starcraft Wings of Liberty, Fallout New Vegas...maybe Batman AA 2.

I'm not through it yet, but so far Machinarium deserves some mention here, along with the usual lineup of more mainstream titles.

And Canabalt is everything I want in an in-browser free flash game.

Edited by Enoch

Dragon Age and Batman for me.

Overlord 2 was also fun game.

I think those were the only three games I purchased during the year, excluding the current Steam sale buying frenzy that I'm on.

Looking forward to next year for Alpha Protocol, Mass Effect 2, the new Prince of Persia game, Starcraft Wings of Liberty, Fallout New Vegas...maybe Batman AA 2.

More win! :x

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

1: Mass Effect

2: Dragon Age

3: Unreal Tournament 3

4 (by default, maybe get's a better ranking after I actually played it): Stubbs the Zombie

If I played any other game I haven't played before 2009, I don't remember it.

im surprised at how many people only enjoyed a few games this year, i think i bought more games this year than any other year in my life. The combination of lots of $$$ and lots of good games released = me playing too many games...

2010 is looking ridiculous though, i think there are about 5 games i want before march is over ... last year i only bought 1 game in that same timeframe

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hmm, I don't think I bought enough games to qualify for this list, but.. Risen is up there. My Borderlands is STILL stuck in the mail.. Red Faction: Guerilla was pretty good.. not that I remember much of it. Modern Warfare 2 is pretty enjoyable..

I've been meaning to buy Divinity 2, Dragon Age, Drakensang.. but haven't, for some reason.

Oh, and Uncharted 2 was really good, but I played that on my cousin's PS3 so I'm not sure it counts. Infamous was also great. Looking forward to playing Demon's Souls when I get back home.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest The Architect

FIFA 10. Best soccer game I've ever played.

And Dragon Age, although now I regret kicking Morrigan out of the party since while, in any role playing game I ever play, I am mean to everyone and try to kill everything and everyone I can, I forgot just how much better these games are with the party members, and I kicked out Morrigan because it was the meanest thing to do at the time, and now I regret it, because I could've kept her around to give her more ****, and perhaps get the chance to kill her, but now she's gone for good, and there's no going back because my save game and auto save are both after I kicked her out.

Top 3:

1. The Void

2. Demigod

3. Zeno Clash

I also bought Hearts of Iron 3 which I was a little disappointed by. I hope I will like it when it's patched though. I've not bought Dragon Age yet but I might do that in the coming month.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I basically started gaming again late last year after a work-induced break of a couple of years. Still, I think I only picked up ~5 games the whole year (Red Alert 3, Mass Effect, Civ Revolution, MW2 and DAO, iirc... Oh yeah, Hitman: Blood Money, too). Of these, ME and DAO were the most memorable, but the others all ranked at least on 'good fun'. I had some pretty high expectations of this year, but either I stopped caring about some games I'd anticipated when they came out (Ghostbusters, Wolfenstein) or they got postponed to next year (Alpha Protocol, Bioshock 2).

Considering I was basically catching up for a couple of years, it wasn't much. I'm of course limited by the fact that I have just the PS3 (and from June onwards, the X360, which I hate, but suffer to be able to play mass effect), but still... Early next year looks good, with ME2 and the postponed games, and apparently Alan Wake coming out at some point too (I haven't followed it too closely, see what I said about my feelings on the x360), so we might not get a super-stacked holiday season that then blows up due to being overloaded, like this year. Might pick up Ghostbusters and/or Batman when they hit the bargain bin, too.

p.s. Oh yeah, GTA IV too. Now there's a game I regret paying for. Unless there's a Vice City 2, that's going to be my last GTA game. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Dragon age people, really ?. I must have missed the brilliant part completely the 2 times I played through it. Although I did play through it two times I suppose. I'd call it above average. 7-8/10.

3: Unreal Tournament 3

Absolutely, despite everything missing from the game.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I honestly don't remember playing any 2009 games. Except for Scribblenauts, which I played casually in train rides at best and was a bit of a disappointment. This was a bad year for my inner gamer because I never had time to play games. I'm not going to have the time to try out my anticipated titles like Arkham Asylum or Dragon Age until like a month from now.

I played Uncharted 2 and MW2, those were great. I tried Risen but it was just plain boring me.

That's about it, though. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Dragon age people, really ?. I must have missed the brilliant part completely the 2 times I played through it. Although I did play through it two times I suppose. I'd call it above average. 7-8/10.

It's not an all-time list, it's just top games of the year. Basically I listed games based on how much of my time they occupied. If I played a game for more than a couple hours, it made the list.

2009? Only one good game came out, Dragon Age.

you played every game that came out in 2009?

good job!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I only played NWN2 OC + MotB + SoZ, and those aren't 2009 games. I've played all the origins of Dragon Age, but no further than that. It'll have to wait until after my exams in January. And even then I'll have plenty of work, so it might not be until July.