Batman: Arkham Asylum

Assassins Creed 2

Borderlands

Empire: Total War

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Resident Evil 5

Plants v Zombies

Trine

Left 4 Dead 2: not part of the ranking: it stands alone because i actually play this with a team and thus its not so much a game as a whole separate hobby

YET TO PLAY (but might make the list): FIFA 2010, Brutal Legend,

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Dragon Age and Risen are the two I really enjoyed. Empire: Total War could have been great, but once again CA put more work into flashy crap and inconveniencing their fans instead of actual work.

Assuming games with a release date in 2009...

My top 1:

Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne.

Honourable mention:

Dragon Age

A bad year for games :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Dragon Age: Origins

Demon's Souls

Brutal Legend

Resident Evil 5 (for its coop)

Rock Band Unplugged :3

Torchlight

Final Fantasy XIII

Dragon Quest IX

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

A decent gaming year, I guess. Wish I had a decent PC, though.

for 2009 ?

hmm... nothing :S

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1. Assassin's Creed 2

2. Uncharted 2

3. Dragon Age

4. Shadow Complex

5. Borderlands

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

No you don't. MoW was terrible. You're far better off playing Ossian's previous expansion: DoD.

What didn't you like about it? I heard good things about the role-playing options in it and the city setting interests me.

No you don't. MoW was terrible. You're far better off playing Ossian's previous expansion: DoD.

What didn't you like about it? I heard good things about the role-playing options in it and the city setting interests me.

The characters were flat & and unintentionally laughable, the plot was linear, the writing was hackneyed, and the foreshadowing was heavy handed. The city setting wasn't remotely interesting as (a) it was forced; & (b) it regurgitated the same titleset we've seen ad nauseam. They dismantled the very game dynamic that made Darkness over Darggerford awesome: The open-ended BG1 style exploration system.

There are at least half a dozen user created NWN2 mods that are better than Mysteries of Westgate.

manthing2.jpg

It was a great year for me.

1. MLB 09 The Show

2. Dragon Age

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum

4. LotR Online: Siege of Mirkwood expansion

5. NHL 10

6. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

7. Might and Magic: Clash of Kings

8. Brutal Legend

I'm sure I'm missing a few from the early part of the year, I'll have to think about it a bit.

edit: Ah, TW: Empire rounds out number 9

Edited by Hurlshot

I didn't buy or play any new games in 2009. Just some Fallout 3 DLC.

First time a year went by with no game purchases in a long time. Wasn't interested in much.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

2009? Only one good game came out, Dragon Age.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Didn't even play 10 games this year, was too picky. But I'd go with

Tales of Monkey Island

ARMA II

Borderlands

Risen

Dragon Age

other games I really enjoyed this year came out 10 years ago or so, like Deus Ex, Anachronox and Operation Flashpoint. :D

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tried/played several this year but I only bought three 2009 games I think...

...so, uh...

Borderlands

Overlord 2

Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404

:)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The characters were flat & and unintentionally laughable, the plot was linear, the writing was hackneyed, and the foreshadowing was heavy handed. The city setting wasn't remotely interesting as (a) it was forced; & (b) it regurgitated the same titleset we've seen ad nauseam. They dismantled the very game dynamic that made Darkness over Darggerford awesome: The open-ended BG1 style exploration system.

There are at least half a dozen user created NWN2 mods that are better than Mysteries of Westgate.

So they not only managed to kill the premium module project for NwN 2 with the delay for DRM, but it wasn't even worth the wait? :)

As for my favorites this year...

Resident Evil 5 (This would probably be my favorite for the year)

Brutal Legend

CoD: MW 2 (I prefer World at War, but it was released last year)

Halo 3 ODST

Halo Wars

Wolfenstein

Shadow Complex

Fallout 3 DLC... if you count DLC

GTA IV DLC... ditto (My second favorite of the year)

Games out this year that I haven't played but interested in at some point

Batman: AA

Borderlands

Dragon Age

F.E.A.R. 2

Ghost Busters

Left 4 Dead 2

Red Faction: Guerilla

Prototype

Saboteur

Dude, you have *got* to be on crack. DoD was the most boring explorative game I can think of where nothing interesting ever happens. It's such a snore that I couldn't bring myself to finish it. MoW isn't the best game I ever played, but it's such a huge step forward. Worth it for one of the coolest endgames (it's optional) I've seen.

Good thing about Atari: they took the extremely lackluster NWN1 premium modules system and managed to improve it. Bad thing about Atari: they don't actually release the content (MoW) despite it being finished. :x

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Dude, you have *got* to be on crack. DoD was the most boring explorative game I can think of where nothing interesting ever happens. It's such a snore that I couldn't bring myself to finish it. MoW isn't the best game I ever played, but it's such a huge step forward. Worth it for one of the coolest endgames (it's optional) I've seen.

The side quests/exploration of DoD was a breath of fresh air. Only a BG1 hater would deny that. I can't think of many other RPGs let alone mods that allow for *completely optional* free-form exploration of region from the world-map - regions that only even become discoverable when adjacent to your current region (ala BG1) as a reward for your explorations. I don't know if you ever got around that that particular quest (being a DoD hater and all) but the

Werewolf

family quest was one of finest sidequests to grace the NWN franchise IMO. On that latter note, the question of boredom or interest is entirely subjective. What you find boring I might find interesting and vice versa. So unfortunately, your inability to find anything of interest in DoD is by no means dispositive of its quality. However, what cannot be objectively denied was the potential for exploration. And that's something DoD offered not only in abundance, but in a style most reminiscent to BG1.

manthing2.jpg

It was a great year for me.

1. MLB 09 The Show

2. Dragon Age

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum

4. LotR Online: Siege of Mirkwood expansion

5. NHL 10

6. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

7. Might and Magic: Clash of Kings

8. Brutal Legend

I'm sure I'm missing a few from the early part of the year, I'll have to think about it a bit.

edit: Ah, TW: Empire rounds out number 9

Win.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!