Restoration Site

Hello,

When I leave Telos and get to the first restoration site the graphics of the mountain edges are horribly glitched. Is this a known issue and is there a way to fix this?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me. I've tried many things like new and older drivers (I previously also got the glitched hollogram graphics but that's fixed now) and my DirectX is also up to date. I don't have any more clue's on what to do. :p

Please help

The PC I'm running it at the moment has a Geforce 4 Ti 4200. I've installed 1.0B patch and then the 1.0C patch (the large version of 160 mb)

Glitched graphics are still there even after starting a new game. (Used the skip telos mod to check)

Geforce 4 Ti 4200 is notorious for graphical glitches in both K1 & K2. Ironically, the newest graphics drivers for your card is likely to break its compatibility with KotOR.

Open your SWKotOR.ini file and look at your "nVidia Driver" under the "[Video]" subsection. If it reads 6.14.10.9371 or newer you'll probably have to revert to an older set (though by the sounds of it you'll have to do that already).

To roll back your drivers:

1) Download Nvidia ForceWare 84.21 (or 77.77 instead at it's older but reported to be more stable), and a program called DriverCleaner Professional.

2) Install the DriverCleaner

3) Uninstall your current driver by using Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs (look for NVIDIA Display Driver).

3) Restart when prompted and boot into Windows Safe Mode by pressing and holding F8 until a menu appears then select the Safe Mode.

4) Once in Safe Mode, run DriverCleaner, select nVidia from Cleaning Selection drop-down menu and start cleaning.

5) Install the ForceWare 84.21 (or 77.77) drivers by running the installation package file.

6) Reboot when prompted after driver installation.

7) Check the game now.

Older drivers may be found at:

http://www.oldapps.com/old_version_nVidia.php

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Yeah I rolled back my drivers already including using the DriverCleaner program. Didn't try 84.21 and went straight to 77.77. This fixed the hollogram 'spiky head' graphics.

The hollogram graphics I could stand but the mountain edges on the restoration site are simply too anoying. Is there anything else I can try? :/

I'm starting to think this game is too buggy to be playable. Which really is a shame because the gameplay itself is a gem.

(Edit: Oh btw, I didn't see any nVidia or anything similar listed under the video subsection.)

Edited by Soltaro

Just did an even older driver install (with clean wipe of course) to the detonator series (43.45). Didn't help either so I think driver problems is out of the question.

The strange thing is, I did play this game when it was first released on the same computer (no different hardware) and it worked fine then. :rolleyes:

I attached a picture of the glitch by the way.

post-26962-1262041302_thumb.jpg

That '1.0C' patch you have is not an official release, it's a collection of mods and fixes done without the consent of the original authors. Perhaps something over there is causing you trouble. Try the game without it, maybe that garners some better results.

Yeah I know the 1.0C is unsupported but I really needed it for a couple of fixes.

I located the problem though, it was indeed a file that the 1.0C patch added. It was "TEL_rock" in the Override folder. Probably some unsupported shader.