Copenhagen Failure

Moose

I love our leftwing, bias newspapers here in the UK. This has to be one of the most openly agressive attacks on China I've seen from the media regarding the talks:

Clicky

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Hoho, so China is flexing its muscles i see. They will never replace the american cultural hegemony though, unless they develop some better popular culture than sex, drugs, and rock n' roll.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't doubt for a second that China, India & the rest of the developing countries weren't behind the lackluster result of the conference. In the end only the EU was for cutting down CO2 emissions, the rest of the world wanted to keep their precious SUV's. Guess I can't blame China or India though, they're only catching up to the west and all of a sudden we say that we've used up all the pollution the world can handle.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

I'm sick of this "save the planet" bull.

What they really mean is "save humanity", and frankly my only feeling on this topic is, f**k humanity, we deserve to die, we're a virus with shoe's and if we can't agree to stop being retarded then f**k us.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

What they really mean is "save humanity", and frankly my only feeling on this topic is, f**k humanity, we deserve to die, we're a virus with shoe's and if we can't agree to stop being retarded then f**k us.

Why not start with yourself?

Having to share a planet with all these countries sucks ;)

I'd agree with you, but for all we know we might be the only intelligent species to ever exist throughout the cosmos, throughout all eternity. No matter how rubbish we are, we're still number 1 on a universal scale.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

That is why we need one nation for the whole goddamn planet and it needs to be Canadian. GO GO VOLOURN!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We'll get one nation when we get interstellar travel and space colonies. Then all the crazy people can go and do what they want on their own planets.

I don't doubt for a second that China, India & the rest of the developing countries weren't behind the lackluster result of the conference.

yes and no. it was really only about money, and all the [sarc]poor, starving, damaged by CO2[/sarc] developing nations were simply asking for money. maybe because of the climategate scandal, or maybe just because it was so blatant, this was quite out in the open. developed countries were not going to be able to get their people to sign on to what was obvious as a transfer of wealth to countries that are by and large ruled by dictators.

guess some of us are smart enough to realize that maybe the dictators are the problem, not the west's "pollution."

In the end only the EU was for cutting down CO2 emissions

lip service.

the rest of the world wanted to keep their precious SUV's. Guess I can't blame China or India though, they're only catching up to the west and all of a sudden we say that we've used up all the pollution the world can handle.

ding, ding, ding! and a lightbulb went on. "let's hold them all hostage while we build up OUR economies {and generate even more pollution than they did} then take over the world economy!"

forest, trees.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I don't doubt for a second that China, India & the rest of the developing countries weren't behind the lackluster result of the conference.

yes and no. it was really only about money, and all the [sarc]poor, starving, damaged by CO2[/sarc] developing nations were simply asking for money. maybe because of the climategate scandal, or maybe just because it was so blatant, this was quite out in the open. developed countries were not going to be able to get their people to sign on to what was obvious as a transfer of wealth to countries that are by and large ruled by dictators.

guess some of us are smart enough to realize that maybe the dictators are the problem, not the west's "pollution."

In the end only the EU was for cutting down CO2 emissions

lip service.

the rest of the world wanted to keep their precious SUV's. Guess I can't blame China or India though, they're only catching up to the west and all of a sudden we say that we've used up all the pollution the world can handle.

ding, ding, ding! and a lightbulb went on. "let's hold them all hostage while we build up OUR economies {and generate even more pollution than they did} then take over the world economy!"

forest, trees.

taks

all i see is blah blah blah hands of my filthy lucre! free market!

There was never any hope for the summit to reach any kind of functional agreement in the first place. Countries like China have everything to gain on maintaining free CO2 emissions, and very much to lose economicly if they were forced to cut down on pollution. Naturally, they're not going to agree to anything that would halt their economic growth, even if it wrecks the planet. We've got a stalemate like the old Nato vs. Soviet that completely crippled the UN for 40 years. Kyoto had some very clever scheming behind the curtains which made it more succesful despite the US refusing to sign, but theres no tricking anyoe this time.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Kyoto had some very clever scheming behind the curtains which made it more succesful despite the US refusing to sign

uh, kyoto wasn't successful, at least, it has not accomplished what it set out to accomplish. even if the copenhagen summit were "successful," neither would it have really accomplished anything, either, other than funding 3rd world despots with our money.

but theres no tricking anyoe this time.

interesting that you acknowledge that it was a trick in the first place. ;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Kyoto had some very clever scheming behind the curtains which made it more succesful despite the US refusing to sign

uh, kyoto wasn't successful, at least, it has not accomplished what it set out to accomplish. even if the copenhagen summit were "successful," neither would it have really accomplished anything, either, other than funding 3rd world despots with our money.

but theres no tricking anyoe this time.

interesting that you acknowledge that it was a trick in the first place. ;)

taks

These political meetings seem to confuse me at times, but how would third world dictators gain any monetary aid from cutting on emissions? Was not the intent of the meeting to get a global cap on such things? Or are there darkroom meetings that i wasn't aware of?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why not start with yourself?

Having to share a planet with all these countries sucks :(

Actually, I thought I'd start with you! Easier and fits with my self serving attitude.

Actually, I thought I'd start with you! Easier and fits with my self serving attitude.

You betray your own beliefs. You are nothing!

Ei.

You're not reading my post correctly. I shall clarify.

If humanity wipes itself out because it can't stop being petting, humanity deserves to die.

Sulat

I love our leftwing, bias newspapers here in the UK. This has to be one of the most openly agressive attacks on China I've seen from the media regarding the talks:

It's preparation for putting carbon taxes on imports as a type of 'justified' protectionism.

Having said that, there's a whole lot of uniformed garbage floating around in the UK, perhaps the most amusing is the thought that adding a carbon tax will help home grown production in agriculture. As almost all stock feed in the UK is imported from places like Brazil it would actually make things worse when compared to places where you stick a cow/ sheep in a paddock and it eats grass 24/7/365/chop/ship/chomp.

Perhaps the worst hatchet job of the last few years was when some hack in the Grauniad (same guy maybe) decided New Zealand was not clean and green because CO2 emissions had gone up when, going by Kyoto, that's only half the equation and the amount of CO2 absorbed by new forests had gone up by so much more that we were well ahead of the Kyoto target.

Anyway the moment it was clear that any agreement would not be legally binding the whole thing became academic, who knows who is going to be in the while house in 2050 and whether they are going to give a rats arse about what was decided nearly a generation before. These summits are a waste of time because commitments to do this or that are rather unceremoniously forgotten long before they were to be implemented.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

These political meetings seem to confuse me at times, but how would third world dictators gain any monetary aid from cutting on emissions? Was not the intent of the meeting to get a global cap on such things? Or are there darkroom meetings that i wasn't aware of?
Hillary and Obama, that wacky couple, promised the developing world $100 billion a year if they'd sign on to the treaty, to compensate them for damage CO2 is causing them or some such.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I've seen articles where an entire chinese village just tosses their garbage into a giant mile long trench along a road and when the refuge pile is too high they set it on fire until it smolders to a reasonable level and then start topping it off again. But that's just one of a long list of blunders. Its a pretty horrible country.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.