KOTOR2's Story

As long as KOTOR2 has a great story like the brilliant story of KOTOR i think i will be a great game. The story is what pushes you to keep playing to the end. Granted you do have a good set up in the way the game plays KOTOR had all of that and that is what made it a great game.

Hey, dude. Edit. Don't make a second post. EDIT.

Anyway, KOTOR 2's story is looking to be a lot better than KOTOR 1's "story." I mean, what did KOTOR 1 have?

"Ooooh, you BRAVELY escape the Sith (toting the person they're manhunting RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM without them noticing), become a Jedi (WITH MAGICAL SPEED!) then run around on four planets. But ooooooh, you're Revan! Whoooooo... Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you capture or destroy the Star Forge after that."

^KOTOR 1's masterful story.

The worst thing about KOTOR 1's story was how it was lightsided, and even if your heart was black as coal, it didn't change. Until you confront Bastila on the temple, you are a loyal servant of the Republic. And after that, it's the same level, but with three newbie apprentices instead of one newbie brit ho.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Just out of curiosity, but why is this in the suggestions forum?

I suppose that yes, technically asking for a great story is a "suggestion", but wouldn't that fit under the "duh, no kidding" section?

Usually suggestions are things we want in the game that the developers wouldn't think of, or might not have implemented. But a good story? What do you think Obsidian's plan would have been if this wasn't suggested? "gee, let's make a god-awful story! that'll put the game over the top!"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Anyway, KOTOR 2's story is looking to be a lot better than KOTOR 1's "story."  I mean, what did KOTOR 1 have?

"Ooooh, you BRAVELY escape the Sith (toting the person they're manhunting RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM without them noticing), become a Jedi (WITH MAGICAL SPEED!) then run around on four planets.  But ooooooh, you're Revan!  Whoooooo...  Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you capture or destroy the Star Forge after that."

^KOTOR 1's masterful story.

It was rather horrible indeed. A good story flows so that you don't know what will happen next, but in KOTOR you basically knew everything except the, OMG you're Revan!, part for the majority of the game. A story consisting of travelling to four locations and then killing the bad guy is a perfect recipe for ultimate boredom. I never finished KOTOR because of that. When i finally found the location of the Starforge i was in danger of falling alseep on the keyboard.

Was there ever an RPG where the PC could control the fate of the NPC's.

For example, preventing Bastila from falling to the dark side in the first place. That is the one part i hated the most, Malak lost to me twice and my character just stood there to look at the the air as Malak used stasis on him.

Agreed though, it is almost as if Revan was born with that mask since no one on any of the planets had any idea who he/she was(Jedi Council and Basitla do not count)

Personally, I liked the story from KOTOR 1...of course, I never play a DSer or anything because well, I've got morales....damn...morales....and.........yeah, I liked the story, 'Plot twist that was visible from space' aside.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

To put it bluntly, it's all a matter of how jaded you are.

I liked the story, but I couldn't say why. It was crappy, but it was enjoyable. The Star Forge quest was gimmicky; despite not knowing what it was, you knew you were always heading there, and that was the ONLY goal you had during the game, aside from all the interesting side goals. I guess they just flashed enough cut scenes and excessively bombastic nonsense that I had fun, and was drawn into the story. It still felt incomplete, though, and I think it would have helped if the one goal had at least involved varied troubles and twists along the way. The Revan's identity thing didn't change anything except how you saw what happened, and it was only one thing, but it was pretty neat. Despite knowing/predicting who Revan was, I managed to suspend my disbelief and like the story as if it had never been spoiled for me.

If they had switched around how the story ran, and gave every planet it's own core purpose individual to itself (C'mon, the star map idea wasn't that interesting), it would have been a more solid story, and possibly more enjoyable to certain people, and certainly more likely to hold my attention past the fifth time of playing through it. If the order of planets said how the plot ran and why you went where you went, there would also have been more replayability, but I digress...

It really was an amazing experience, whatever the reason. Keep in mind that this is Star Wars, famous for it's melodrama and special effects, which is what made it so awesome to many...

I think KotOR has a good story and of course I play each game differently, different classes, DS/LS. I actually like to ROLE play Role-Playing-Games, weird huh? There are a lot of flawed game mechanics concerning DS/LS adjustments and party members and such, but story-wise a classic. You start the game unaware of being an amnesiac with a little skull...uh, no, wait, that's ah, well.

Playing as the main char has to be interesting and full of conflicts and both annoying and pleasing moments.

5 years has passed. And that's quite long considering you finish the first one in approx. 50 hours hehe, maybe 2-4 weeks gameworld time, even though time doesnt really seem to exist in the game so that's a wild guess.

I am expecting another totally surprising, yet completely classic story-line (retrospectively) from KotOR II, with a lot of mutually exclusive dialogue and sidequests and everything adapted to your current force alignment etc. And I will be just as happy with that as the predecessor. Of course if the transistion from I to II happens as smooth as BGII -> TOB then I am gonna be very happy.

(Signatures: disabled) 

I personally loved the story for KotOR I, and as soon as I hit the part where I found out I was Revan I couldn't stop playing. I was up until like four finishing it up (I started playing pretty late, but still...).

And I don't really understand what you guys mean about it being "light-sided." Your character was simply sent out by the Jedi Council to look for the maps to get to the Forge. If you actually did role play it, you could come across the notion that your character was simply going with what the council asked because it would lead to more power. I mean, throughout the whole game you're told of how odd it is that the Sith forces never seem to deplete, etc. and your character could simply be using the quest from the council as a means to go to the ultimate source of the Sith's power and take it over.

But hey, I'm weird in the sense that I like to get inside my character's heads. Playing on Persistent Worlds on Neverwinter Nights will do that to ya.

that's not the problem

the problem is that it would be a lot cooler if you would become a sith earlier in the game so you could have some DS quests (and i'm not talking about those genoharadan quests) real DS quests, where you are a sith/sith lord and take care of bussiness - reffering to KotOR i would say this would of been really cool : on korriban, you really become a sith, the you learn who you really are, become malak's new apprentice, do some quests for him ( kill some jedis, raid a world - maybe the academy on dantooine) and as the game comes to a close, challenge him, kill him and take his/your previous role as sith lord and conquer the galaxy - now that would be a game that gives you choices in allignement - so what am i trying to say is that the real choice should come a lot sooner than the last 15 minutes of the game

Well i may be the dumbest person on earth :( but i really think that the story WAS cool.

I mean when i see myself has raven really IS cool.

And another thing is that we actually get away from the original NERdY StarWars Universe. I know it might sound bizzare to the nostalgics in here but i was tired of seeing Darth Vader and all those Master Yoda thing. We keep all the cool Good Vs Evil thing without putting more spices in a sauce that has already been on the oven for tooooooo much time .

Why does everyone keep calling Revan Raven? He does NOT have a TV show, dang it!

Anyway, you have Vault Man in your avatar, so you can't be all bad. I just think that KOTOR's story is too simplistic and railroaded to be hailed as genius, when it was merely mediocre.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Why does everyone keep calling Revan Raven?  He does NOT have a TV show, dang it!

Anyway, you have Vault Man in your avatar, so you can't be all bad.  I just think that KOTOR's story is too simplistic and railroaded to be hailed as genius, when it was merely mediocre.

(statement) : Because raven created SoF1 and 2 plus they are working on Quake4 wich makes them bigger that revan. :D

(question): Why are you here on a fan forum if you think that the story suck.

(sarcasm): Are you some kind of nostalgic old Movie GeEk :lol: